theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Queues with stairs (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1144715)

adreamisawish 7 Sep 19 08:45 AM

Queues with stairs

Following on from my crutch thread the other day I’ve had another thought.

I know I’m not entitled to DAS - and I’m fine with queuing and standing in line. What I have a problem with is stairs. I can just about do them but with pain - and that pain can last hours and mean I struggle walking even with a crutch afterwards. I ideally want to avoid them where possible.

I’m trying to think of ride queues that involve stairs - and how to get around this. Dinosaur I’m sure has an elevator for those who can’t do stairs? Splash Mountain has stairs but I can’t recall an elevator?

So what happens in situations like splash mountain where I’m going to struggle accessing the full line?

sasperella 7 Sep 19 08:53 AM

Hi,
I would presume you would take the same route as wheelchairs if you can’t manage stairs.
Sure someone else will have an answer for you.:wavey:

disneywiseowl 7 Sep 19 09:24 AM

Just go to Guest Services & explain the problem. I’m not sure how it works with the magic bands now but I used to get a card that allowed use of the alternative entrance (wheelchair entrance/ride exit).
You need to be ok with standing though, as these queues sometimes have longer wait times than the main queues.
Splash & Big Thunder are accessible from their exits.

rafjen 7 Sep 19 10:49 AM

Toy Story Mania has stairs- I think they had a wheelchair route though.

DonnaD 7 Sep 19 11:33 AM

TSM does have a disabled entrance that goes to a seperate loading bay. Dinosaur has a lift to load via the exit side and Big Thunder Mountain has level access to the exit side. Flights of Passage has no stairs but a long very steep walk up. There is no elevator. I can't think of any others with stairs but there will be an alternative entrance if there is. My daughter uses a wheelchair so we are sent to them automatically. I agree that your best bet would be a visit to guest services. I don't think they will give you a DAS but there might be a list of how to enter each ride you will struggle with or similar.

stan_the_man 7 Sep 19 02:04 PM

I'm pretty sure every ride has to have wheelchair access due to the ADA laws (or similar)? So every ride will have an option for you. But, yes, speak to guest services first who will be able to help.

TEL N KEL 7 Sep 19 02:37 PM

I would not worry there will be a cast member some where before you enter any ride and if they even spot you on crutches and the normal route to the ride is not suitable they will assist you with out having to ask.
If by any chance they fail to spot you then approach them and ask if the route is easy or difficult.

Lisa 8 Sep 19 04:31 AM

Just to quickly add FOP has stairs depending on what room you get put in ...so the CM should cover that but it also has a lot (6 small flights) to exit depending on where you ride ...so make sure you find a CM at exit too !
Smugglers run has ramps going but again stairs coming out (there is a lift I think) ..again CM is your friend !
And they are all super helpful so don't be shy in asking for assistance

gismo1554 8 Sep 19 10:02 AM

So I struggle with stairs too. On TSM definitely check with the CM and they will send you the non-staired route. There is both but since they moved the entrance they actually tend to use the non-staired version from what I've found but are happy to send you that way.

Spaceship Earth although it doesn't have steps to get on or off it does actually if it breaks down so I always let the CM know that I can't do stairs incase of an emergency. They then put a note on the cart (or st least this is what they told me last time). I go in the wheelchair entrance though as I do have DAS for other reasons so I would suggest telling the CM when you go to get on.

Some of the shows have steps in their wait areas - Mickey's Philharmagic does if I remember right - but they always have ramps too.

DonnaD 8 Sep 19 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa (Post 14060107)
Just to quickly add FOP has stairs depending on what room you get put in ...so the CM should cover that but it also has a lot (6 small flights) to exit depending on where you ride ...so make sure you find a CM at exit too !
Smugglers run has ramps going but again stairs coming out (there is a lift I think) ..again CM is your friend !
And they are all super helpful so don't be shy in asking for assistance

We use the seperate disabled areas for both of those so I didn't realise. Just speak to the cast members and you can do the same.