theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   west coast flights to LA good deal ? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1180594)

novocastrian 22 Sep 20 03:00 PM

west coast flights to LA good deal ?

ok to take our minds off 2020 been looking to book for 2021 somewhere so we have something to look forward to

orlando prices seem insane but stumbled across KLM flights

Newcastle - Schiphol _ LAX

648 each incl one hold bag each

id be happy to pay this for florida as in school hols but is this a good LA price?

ideally from newcastle as cant be bothered driving to manchester/edinburgh

Cheers

YorkshireT 22 Sep 20 03:05 PM

I just got a good deal via BA direct but that’s Heathrow so a long trek for you.

novocastrian 22 Sep 20 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkshireT (Post 14655718)
I just got a good deal via BA direct but that’s Heathrow so a long trek for you.

Cheers

historically adding a domestic fligght newcastle - heathrow didnt add much if anything to a flight, will have a look now

novocastrian 22 Sep 20 03:59 PM

hmm 820 each fly drive with ford escape 14 days

Bozza 22 Sep 20 04:18 PM

Strikes me as quite expensive for indirect this far out, although I appreciate we often think of a change on this side of the Atlantic as slightly more direct.

We flew KLM to and from San Francisco in the 2018 summer holiday. We only booked a month or so in advance and checking my email records we paid £1,768.14 for 2 adults, a 15-year old and a 8-year old including bags.

What I will say is the KLM service was excellent and I'd use them again without hesitation.

Beth_Disney 22 Sep 20 04:21 PM

I've booked February half term with BA holidays and have paid £470 each for direct flights from Heathrow, a case each and a medium sized car for the week.

When are you planning to go?

YorkshireT 22 Sep 20 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novocastrian (Post 14655784)
Cheers

historically adding a domestic fligght newcastle - heathrow didnt add much if anything to a flight, will have a look now

Add on a hotel and hire car via the custom package option- I got a very good deal. You can add a hotel just for a few nights and a discount seemed to kick in as the hotel I got was 60% cheaper than direct or on Hotels.com

Bozza 22 Sep 20 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkshireT (Post 14655845)
Add on a hotel and hire car via the custom package option- I got a very good deal. You can add a hotel just for a few nights and a discount seemed to kick in as the hotel I got was 60% cheaper than direct or on Hotels.com

There's certainly some strange magic that goes on when booking other elements with BA's custom package functionality.

I've found the Terminal 5 Sofitel often comes in ridiculously cheap using this approach relative to booking it in isolation.

landandword17 22 Sep 20 05:15 PM

I wouldn't be familiar with pricing from Newcastle so perhaps you pay a bit of a premium for convenience if flying from there? but it seems pricy to me for indirect as we've never paid more than £500 each direct from London.

KarenG 22 Sep 20 05:20 PM

I think that’s quite expensive personally. I try and target £400 to LAX direct.