theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Mousekeeping... (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1132676)

caj 12 Jun 19 06:55 AM

Mousekeeping...

Quick question ... how much is currently acceptable? (Wondering if inflation has kicked in yet!)
Thank you

RachelE 12 Jun 19 07:17 AM

General consensus seems to be around $1 per person per day. There are 4 of us, so we left $5 per day, as that was easier than $4.

caj 12 Jun 19 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelE (Post 13897681)
General consensus seems to be around $1 per person per day. There are 4 of us, so we left $5 per day, as that was easier than $4.

That's good ... exactly what I was thinking!

scoobydooby 12 Jun 19 10:31 PM

I leave $4 or $5 a day whether it’s me and DD or us and DH or all four of us. I will say in one trip over 20 years I stopped tipping Mousekeeping after day four as the cleaning was shocking. About day 10 we had a good proper service again and I started tipping again.

BucksBugsy 14 Jun 19 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobydooby (Post 13899171)
I leave $4 or $5 a day whether it’s me and DD or us and DH or all four of us. I will say in one trip over 20 years I stopped tipping Mousekeeping after day four as the cleaning was shocking. About day 10 we had a good proper service again and I started tipping again.

I've never had to deal with this because I normally stay off site so am finding this thread very useful - thank you all

Andybear 14 Jun 19 08:47 AM

Housekeeping isn't a tipped position. None of the Americans I got chatting to last year tip them. They said only foreigners do!

Kat11 14 Jun 19 08:52 AM

Like Andybear says it’s not a tipped position.

But, we always tip housekeeping all over the world including at Disney. We tip $1pp per day. As they are often different maids that clean each day, unlike other hotels elsewhere where I tip at the end of the holiday.

Kat

Guest 14 Jun 19 09:01 AM

I have never tipped housekeeping anywhere in the world. I do not know anyone else that does either. I only heard of it when I joined this forum. :grin:

sha9 14 Jun 19 09:40 AM

We tip $1 per person per day whether onsite or offsite. It’s nothing to do with staying at Disney and we did it before I joined the Dibb so it’s not exclusive to this website.

pinkspideruk 14 Jun 19 02:00 PM

we have always tipped $1 per person each night when in the USA - only time we havent is when we havent had them come in or they have been atrocious - lots of hotels now have an envelope in the room with your house keeper today was... tips appreciated etc

Actually, thinking about it I generally tip housekeeping when I am on holiday anyways usually the local equivalent of $1 a day per person when i am staying in a hotel - a lot of the time they work incredibly hard and are super helpful. I never accumulate and tip at the end of a stay as you can often has 2-3 different housekeepers working on rotation over a week or 2