theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Are you still happy to go (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=919328)

wendy7654 15 Nov 15 08:32 AM

Are you still happy to go

Hi

I am just looking for opinions from those due to travel to DLP in the next few weeks.

As you can see we are due to travel on Boxing Day and the sad events have put a slight shadow over our planning etc.
Also getting text messages from family asking are we still going.

It will be myself, DH and DD13 and we are leaving DS19 at home.
We are travelling via Euro Tunnel of which is yet to be booked.

Just interested on other peoples thoughts.

Thank you

cazspence 15 Nov 15 09:48 AM

Yes 100% the only problem we have is to decide if it's worth it as we are due to arrive tomorrow and leave fri day morning so we lose 2 full days. I'm waiting to phone Dlp at 9 to see what they say.

alkaz 15 Nov 15 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazspence (Post 11153729)
Yes 100% the only problem we have is to decide if it's worth it as we are due to arrive tomorrow and leave fri day morning so we lose 2 full days. I'm waiting to phone Dlp at 9 to see what they say.

All the numbers I have say they don't open until 10am today. Is there a number that opens from 9am? Many thanks

Laura_<3 15 Nov 15 09:55 AM

We are supposed to go tomorrow until Thursday morning but have decided not to go

kellsbells 15 Nov 15 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazspence (Post 11153729)

We are in the same position, at the moment I think we will still go but it depends on what they say when I call. I haven't heard anything about Disney village, if that is all closed too then we wont have much to do for 2 days.

miked1e 15 Nov 15 10:03 AM

Disney village is open.

Isis 15 Nov 15 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendy7654 (Post 11153661)
Hi

I am just looking for opinions from those due to travel to DLP in the next few weeks.

As you can see we are due to travel on Boxing Day and the sad events have put a slight shadow over our planning etc.
Also getting text messages from family asking are we still going.

It will be myself, DH and DD13 and we are leaving DS19 at home.
We are travelling via Euro Tunnel of which is yet to be booked.

Just interested on other peoples thoughts.

Thank you

We are going next Monday. I have not even considered NOT going. The security will be tighter than ever but that is to be expected and welcomed for our safety. Disney security is always tight anyway. We have been looking forward to our Disney fix all year and I am not letting some deranged idiots upset my holiday. Just like I am not changing my profile name / email address. I named it after an Egyptian goddess many years ago when you were advised not to use your own name for your email address. I am sure my emails get read on a regular basis by the security forces and that's fine I have nothing to hide.
Sorry abit of a rant.
My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved.

cazspence 15 Nov 15 10:06 AM

Can't even get through on the phone. 😞

Guest 15 Nov 15 10:12 AM

We are booked to go on the 29th and DH and I have both agreed that if we can go and the parks are open then we will definitely go. These things can happen anywhere at any time, we cant put our lives on hold out of fear, it's what terrorists want.

jazzluvva 15 Nov 15 10:16 AM

I'm on the verge of booking for a Boxing day trip, and fully intend to go ahead.