theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   SuperCalorieCarbarifficMyWeightIsGonnaBeAtrocious: May2019: Fatty's 21 day Floridian Food Wrap (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1112539)

asapaj 18 Mar 19 10:48 PM

Just caught up with the rest of your plans. Can't wait for you to get started! We really enjoy Denny's. Plenty of them to choose from as well.

gjdjud 19 Mar 19 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asapaj (Post 13741075)
Just caught up with the rest of your plans. Can't wait for you to get started! We really enjoy Denny's. Plenty of them to choose from as well.

I'm sure we will visit Dennys. We didn't go last time but I absolutely loved the peanut butter and chocolate pancakes:tongue:

gjdjud 25 Mar 19 09:46 AM

Trails End dinner buffet has always been somewhere weve wanted to try but never made it to. I like to have a few options for us so I managed to secure us an adr for early evening on Memorial Day after our trip to Discovery Cove. I was surprised to see a lot of availability so close. We would then be hopefully be able to make it to Chip and Dale's Campfire Singalong. So we will see when we are there if we fancy this or stick to the original plan of The Sugar Factory.

gjdjud 27 Mar 19 11:19 AM

Yea! The builders are finally starting on Monday! 18 months late!(All to do with work for my daughter Evie) No way going to be finishing before we go which was the hope. Boo!

gjdjud 29 Mar 19 03:44 PM

Last little change. We are ditching Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package. This was a meal I was going to pay oop for and mainly for Fantasmic which thinking about it is a waste. We are going to re try 50’s Prime Time Cafe. It was our 2015 meal of the trip but disappointed last time. I’m hoping that as expectations will be lower we will be having a better time.:) Going to be a fair bit cheaper than Mama Melrose:)

gjdjud 29 Mar 19 08:13 PM

Many ask about Evie so thought I’d share that we’ve just got back from Evie’s latest Great Ormond Street appointment. We brought this one forward over concerns her vision was gettting worse. Unfortunately that has been confirmed. Her left eye basically can only see some light now. Her right remains stable and hasn’t deteriorated as much as the left thankfully. It’s horrible to hear but it’s not really a surprise. We also finally after 3 years got our gene results back to confirm her condition is Stargardts which we’ve always suspected. Me and DW are both carriers of the defective gene so unfortunately combined it’s a one in four chance of our kids getting it. So Evie has it, Lily Belle so far shows no signs of it. On a positive they are hoping to do trials of tests on this particular faulty gene. IF this happens and it’s an incredibly big IF then it could possibly slow down or stop the deterioration. It would never cure. No timescales on these kind of medical tests. It could be years or not all.

I’m pleased it’s over for another year. Great Ormond Street is an amazing place but at the same time a heartbreaking place to be.

So onwards and upwards. We through a charity event are going to see Wicked in the West End tomorrow. We have a special touch tour of the props beforehand and we have second row seats so we are looking to that very much. The also happens to be a Shake Shack down the road so will be leading the family there for lunch:)

It’s also only 41 days to go!

gjdjud 30 Mar 19 08:08 PM

Shake Shack: New camera Test

Please forgive me posting this but I really wanted to test out the new camera and there are lots of Shake Shacks in Florida so it may give anyone planning on going a little insight. This is the one just by Victoria Train Station.

We had just finished our touch tour of some of the props for Wicked and had an hour before the show started so there was only one place we were interested in going for lunch. If you’ve read my previous reports then you know when I see “WE” I mean “ME”.

It was 1pm on a Saturday in London so I was concerned how busy it would be. It was busy but the queue moved fairly quickly. A little too quickly if I’m honest and we didn’t get quite as long as I’d have liked to read the giant menu.

I panicked and stuttered through the order and the server must have thought me a moron.:blush: We were then given a buzzer to wait to buzz for our order to be ready. The girls were given the responsibility to find a table. Kelly realised 12 seconds later that was a silly idea and went off to help.

It didn’t take long for the buzzer to go off. I was really excited as this had been on my to do list for ages. It was already on a downer in Kelly’s eyes when she saw the cost.

DD1 Evie Mae had a cheeseburger with bacon. She said it was nice but the bacon was to crispy.

DD2 Lily Belle had an all beef hot dog. She said it was good.

DW Kelly had a ShackBurger. It came with lettuce, tomato and Shack sauce. She thought it was ok but small for the price.

I went for a double Smokeshack which came with bacon, chopped cherry peppers and Shacksauce.

I thought it was a really tasty burger. I really enjoyed it.

The girls shared some cheesy fries and I got some garlic mayo and onion fries. I loved these and so did the girls. Kelly really didn’t like either of the fries. The fries at Shake Shack are crinkle cut.

For drinks the girls and Kelly got milkshakes. They said they were ok but I was disappointed with the size of them for the price.

So overall. It was nice but really pricey for what it was. £56 for that! Five Guys would be similar and overall I think I prefer Five Guys as well. If we pass a Shake Shack in Florida I’m not sure I’d go. Its a place I wanted to try but it’s out of the system now.

Indulgence over I’ll be back May 9th with the post Twilight Check In meal.

George

SuziQz 31 Mar 19 08:42 AM

Firstly, sorry to see about Evie’s diagnosis but as you say, it just confirms what you already knew. Fingers crossed for her that her right eye stays as stable and also that Lily Belle isn’t affected. Will GoSH gene test her or do you just have to look out for changes?

Looks like your new toy is working well. We’ve not been to Shake Shack and definitely won’t be paying London prices. We did Five Guys last time we went to DLP and really enjoyed that so it’s on DS’s list to do next time we venture into London.

How was Wicked? It’s top of my ‘to do’ list of London shows at the moment. Hope the girls enjoyed it, especially with the props tour before.

Finally, good luck with the builders! Hope they get lots done before you jet off. Not too long to go now :spin::spin: