Notices

theDIBB Reporter Index

Members Photo Trip Reports Index

Return to Index
Page 3 of 5 « First < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

scottishnellie

Scottishnellie Goes Girly In Turkey - Day 6 Steakhouse
Created: 18 Apr 18 3:32 PM
I was awake at 9:15, up showered, suncreamed and at the main pool by 10am. It was roasting already.
Scottishnellie Goes Girly In Turkey - Day 5 Turkish
Created: 18 Apr 18 8:58 AM
I was up early again and out at the garden pool by 9:30. It was a bit busier today and lovely and warm already. Typed up my trip report, noticing how very repetitive it is. All we do is eat and drink! Lots more kids here today and very noisy. No music at this pool though just people noise. Ive sat here so Emma can play in the pool when she gets here but I think Han...
Scottishnellie Goes Girly In Turkey - Day 4 Italian
Created: 18 Apr 18 8:37 AM
I was up quite early today despite not needing to book a restaurant any more. My body has obviously caught up with its sleep and I am back to normal again with my 6 hours a night. I pottered about then went to the garden pool where I was totally on my own. Well me and the wee waiter off the bar who kept me going in lattes as I was his only customer to keep him from bo...
Scottishnellie Goes Girly In Turkey - Day 3 Greek
Created: 18 Apr 18 8:09 AM
I woke with my alarm at 8:55 again and booked the Greek restaurant for 7pm. We like to book the earlier sitting and being outdoors again this is quite important as the later it is the cooler it gets. I woke Hannah who had agreed to go to breakfast with Emma so she got up and of they went, with Dianne catching them up to join them. They had pancakes and waffles and choc...
Scottishnellie Goes Girly In Turkey - Day 2 Chinese
Created: 18 Apr 18 7:50 AM
I had set my alarm for 8:55 so I could get up and do the restaurant booking. Dialled in at 9am on the dot and booked the Chinese for 7pm. Hannah had told me to wake her for breakfast but when I tried I got a big fat NUP. So I decided to doze on a bit as still sleepy. Next thing I know housekeeping are trying to get in and I look at my watch and it is 11:50. What? T...
Scottishnellie Goes Girly In Turkey - Day 1 Mexican
Created: 15 Apr 18 9:42 AM
I have decided to define the days by which restaurant we eat in as that is pretty much the main thing that separates one day from another here. There are 8 a la cartes here, Mexican, Turkish, Greek, Chinese, Fish which are all free and Japanese, Italian and Steak which incur an extra charge. The free of charge ones you can use once in your stay. The ones you pay extra f...
Scottishnellie Goes Girly In Turkey - Travel Day Glasgow To Voyage Belek
Created: 15 Apr 18 9:12 AM
Woo Hoo! It was today! Woke quite early and pottered about with Kieran. Kevin was working today so had got up and gone to work first thing so it was a sleepy goodbye in the morning. It felt so strange that we wouldn’t see each other for a whole week and we would be leaving before he got into work. Showered and headed out for a massage I had booked for 10am. I g...
Scottishnellie Goes Girly In Turkey -Report On Hold!
Created: 8 Apr 18 2:51 PM
This is scottishnellie’s husband. She is currently having a ball drinking cocktails and lying in the sun. But she can’t access the dibb at all. Just gets a 404 error saying page can’t be found. So there will be no trip report til she gets back now unfortunately . Sorry! Scottishnellies husband
Scottishnellie Goes Girly In Turkey - Pre Travel Day
Created: 5 Apr 18 10:27 PM
So - in 2 sleeps I am heading off to (hopefully) sunny Turkey for a week, and although we don’t normally do trip reports for our Turkey holidays, I have decided to try to do one for this trip. Some of you might know us from my previous Florida trippies. We are the McNicols
Scottishnellies Sack The Kitchen Trip LIVE - Day 14, High Grove Clubhouse, Going Home, Sad Faces All
Created: 7 Jul 17 12:28 PM
Going Home day Oh this really hurts. I am so not ready to go home. It has been a brilliant holiday, and because we only did two weeks this time when we have been lucky enough to do 3 weeks for the past couple years, I do feel like I am being wrenched away mid holiday. Not good. I could have cried this morning. Anyhoo. Kevin, Kieran and I were all up by 7am and st...
Scottishnellies Sack The Kitchen Trip LIVE - Day 13, Caribe Villa Brisa & Teak Neighborhood Grill
Created: 7 Jul 17 12:09 PM
So this was our last full day and despite another late night in the hot tub last night I was up at 7am as usual and typed up my trip report with a caramel latte. Kieran was up and in the pool early. Once my TR was done I was not far behind him. We had no plans for today, but I already new I just wanted another day of lying in the sun before we home to rubbish weather an...
Scottishnellies Sack The Kitchen Trip LIVE - Day 12, Villa Chillin & Tiki Bar & Grill 4th July 2017
Created: 5 Jul 17 2:57 PM
So today was 4th July and to be a chilled out pool day, avoiding all the busy shops and jam packed parks. And oh my what a very chilled out day it turned out to be. Apart from a mini driving meltdown caused by me, but more of that later.
Scottishnellies Sack The Kitchen Trip LIVE - Day 11, Blizzard Beach & 4th July Fireworks At Magic Ki
Created: 4 Jul 17 6:40 PM
I got up at 7:15 today, which was still early considering Kevin and I didn't leave the hot tub til 1am! When I went into the living room Kieran was fast asleep on the couch. He had obviously got up too early!
Scottishnellies Sack The Kitchen Trip LIVE - Day 10. Vineland Outlets, Florida Mall & Hash House A
Created: 3 Jul 17 2:53 AM
Today were going shopping. Yay! Although we had a bit of a disaster of a start. We drove all the way up to the outlets before realising I had left my folder at home. The one with all the vouchers. Including our voucher for tonight's dinner. So yes, we did drive al the way home to get it and started the day all over again. major fail.
Scottishnellies Sack The Kitchen Trip LIVE - Day 9 Animal Kingdom, Villa Chillin
Created: 1 Jul 17 10:57 PM
I was up at 6:45 (another long lie then!) and Kieran got up at 7 and we were both by the pool almost immediately.
Scottishnellies Sack The Kitchen Trip LIVE - Day 8 Busch Gardens
Created: 1 Jul 17 12:54 PM
I was up at 6:45 (ooh a long lie!) and had some alone time by the pool relaxing.
Scottishnellies Sack The Kitchen Trip LIVE - Day 7, Seaworld & Villa Chillin
Created: 30 Jun 17 4:21 AM
I was up at 6am and started yesterdays trip report with my caramel coffee from the machine. Am buying one of these when I get home. Will be grand in my newly fitted kitchen! But I need to find out whether Aldi at home has the pods I have been using from Aldi USA or whether I need to bring a stash home. Anyway, because I was doing my TR, and because Kevin was still slee...
Scottishnellies Sack The Kitchen Trip LIVE - Day 6, Animal Kingdom, Shopping, Teak, Hollywood Studio
Created: 29 Jun 17 10:08 PM
I was up at 6 today and Kieran was not far behind me. Kevin got up about 7 and we made our coffees and took up our regular positions outside by the pool, watching the goings on. We did manage to get a picture of the hawk today. He was being a right wee menace to the other wee birds this morning, chasing them all out whichever tree he would decide he wanted to sit in, on...
Scottishnellies Sack The Kitchen Trip LIVE - Day 5, Hollywood Studios & Cici's Pizza
Created: 28 Jun 17 1:34 AM
I was up at 5:45 today and Kevin at 7am. The 2 of us sat out by the pool having our coffee again, watching a big hawk circling around and swooping down to hunt. Never ending entertainment out there, we love it. Got ready and left at 8:15, arriving at HS at 8:35. Parked up in stage 46 and jumped the tram that was about to leave anyway.
Scottishnellies Sack The Kitchen Trip LIVE - Day 4. Massage, Shopping, Burger Craft & Animal Kingdom
Created: 27 Jun 17 5:09 AM
Last night after we had been in the pool and jacuzzi, we all went into the games room and played pool and air hockey for a while. We were still in bed by 11 and I was up at 5:30 as usual. When Kevin got up he made us both a coffee and we sat out beside the pool watching the wildlife. At one point a huge turtle came up out of the lake, up the bank and into the swampy bit...
Scottishnellies Sack The Kitchen Trip LIVE - Day 3. Epcot & Olive Garden
Created: 26 Jun 17 1:30 AM
Had a great sleep and only woke 15 minutes before the alarm. When we opened the connecting door even Kieran was still asleep. We left the door open as we started to get ready and this was enough to rouse both the kids.
Scottishnellies Sack The Kitchen Trip LIVE - Day 2. All Star Movies & Magic Kingdom
Created: 24 Jun 17 10:46 PM
We had an early start today to check in to the hotel for our overnight stay, planning to leave at 7:10. I was up at 5:45 before the 6am alarm and Kevin was up right behind me. Showers, suncream, coolbags packed. Our backpack one for today, and a big polystyrene one from the villa and another of our small ones with more supplies for the room and tomorrow.
Scottishnellies Sack The Kitchen Trip LIVE - Day 1. Typhoon Lagoon
Created: 23 Jun 17 11:19 PM
I woke at 3:55 and was able to fall back to sleep until 5:55 which was the latest lie on a first Florida morning yet. Usually takes my to about day 4 to get past 5am. Kevin had been out of bed for an hour or so already, as his knee was bothering him. He has had a sore knee on and off for about 6 months and hasn't been able to go running because of it, but it does not us...
Scottishnellies Sack The Kitchen Trip LIVE - Travel Day. Dreamliner Manchester To Sanford, Walmart &
Created: 23 Jun 17 2:58 AM
Didn't sleep great. Bed was really comfy but I am just still too excited I think. But the main thing that disturbed me (well, all of us really) was Hannah's sleep talking. Oh My God. If she does that every night it really is no wonder she is exhausted in the morning and cant get out of bed. Every 15 minutes she was off again, and always at the top of her voice. One m...
Scottishnellies Sack The Kitchen Trip LIVE - Pre Travel Day. Train To Manchester & Heald Green
Created: 21 Jun 17 9:47 PM
So today was the day! I slept well after a bit of a weird evening the night before. I had finished work at 9pm in fine form, work all done, out-of-office on, and skipping out the door. Then I got home and could not seem to do anything right. My plan was to lay out the next days clothes and pack the bags for the overnight in Manchester, but for some reason I was a tot...
Page 3 of 5 « First < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »