Mrs. Potts' Cupboard

Mrs. Potts' Cupboard
Bahama Breeze

Bahama Breeze
Restaurants - Details & Reviews
Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano

Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano
Location Disney MGM Studios
Description Behind Star Tours and Muppet 3D, this is a relaxing, authentic Italian restaurant that is sure to get you in the mood for Italian food.
Cuisine Italian
Meals Breakfast Lunch Dinner Character
Reservations Recommended
Price Range $10 - $20
Members Rating (4.4)

Search Page
Write a Review

Reviews from Members
Member Review
VIP Dibber

Great for the fantasmic tickets on the dining plan. We had a lovely meal here and the kids enj8yed the pasta. A smaller more intimate restaurant than most in the theme parks.
August 2016
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [4] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [4]
Excited about Disney

Had heard bad reveiws on this place (mostly from my sister) decided to chance it and was super pleased we did. Nice simple italian. Good soups, good pizzas. Very solid if not inspiring.
August 2016
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [4] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [4]
VIP Dibber

Had the fantasmic dinner package. Really lovely menu and everything we had was delicious. You get three courses on this package, even if using the DDP. I had the mozzerella salad and pork which was lovely and a bit different from other options available. DH had the calimari and the steak which he thought one of the best of the holiday. kids pasta and chicken parm were both very well received. Dessert was a platter to share and ice cream for the kids. Would recommend the fantasmic package if you're planning to see the show and want to eat at HS. The dinner package reserved seats are very central.
February 2015
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

We'd booked the Fantasmic Lunch package here which seemed like a good idea at the time. But I hadn't realised how busy it would be. The entrance to the restaurant was incredibly busy and noisy, so it sort of put us off a bit (not helped by the fact that we were hot after dodging all the crowds desperate to do the Frozen Singalong nearby).

The table area inside was slightly better but it was still busy and quite loud. Our server was okay but nothing great. Pleasant, I suppose, but not particularly friendly.

Thankfully, the food really made up for the slightly unpleasant start. Being the Fantasmic package it was a three course meal. So there was lots of food! I had calamri to start which was delicious, then a chicken pasta dish which was very nice and finally we had a selection of desserts to share (which was a great way to end). DW had a huge steak - we'd misread the steak strip as "steak strips" and thought it would be thin strips of steak served with mac'n'cheese. But it was one very large piece of meat. I tried a bit and it did taste gorgeous though.

For us it was a bit pricey but I suppose it was a large 3 course meal with vouchers to get in to see Fantasmic. And the atmosphere wasn't great. But otherwise a reasonable restaurant that served great food.
August 2014
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [5] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [3] Overall Impression [4]
VIP Dibber

We really enjoyed this restaurant, the service at the front desk was a little abrupt, but they were extremely busy. We were a little late (10mins) for our ADR, once seated, our waitress was training and explained this to us, she had a chaperone with her to oversee her during service.

We were served our drinks and bread rolls/butter/olive oil very promptly, my girls wanted some extras added (mushrooms) to their pasta & pizza's and when we asked we were met with a very positive 'No Problem'. The food when it arrived was great & drinks were topped up without asking..overall a great meal and experience.

Would highly recommend
August 2013
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

We had lunch here and I found choosing extremely difficult as I wanted everything on the menu so I let the server choose for me. I had a pasta dish with chicken and basil and it was lovely. Mom had flatbread, which is a pizza about a tenth of an inch thick with really nice toppings. We thought it a little bit expensive considering it was pizza and pasta but the food was very, very nice. The decor is a bit odd - looks like it's been cobbled together from stuff left over from other places, I wonder if this is part of the Muppets experience?
May 2013
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [4]
Trying for More Ears

I love this place, the food is great and the staff are always friendly and a great atmosphere. Great tip is book it as part of the Fantasmic package and if you're on the dining plan you get the whole works, starter, main and dessert, we also got bread and oil. Even you don't want to the fantasmic show book it and just give the tickets away.
March 2013
Excited about Disney

Well.. I wanted to go here in 2011 but couldn't get a booking for love nor money.. We were on the DDP and we wanted to get the priority seating for Fantasmic.. so we booked and we weren't disappointed.

The weather was pretty awful - a hurricane came over and the park was cleared into the shops, and everywhere for shelter. We were sat ordering, we were told to take our time as we didn't want to go on outside for a bit.. We were given extra starters and the food was delicious, we all had different and really enjoyed it.. We had dessert and a cocktail (first one of the two hols) .. the staff were friendly and we were allowed to shelter until the storm had passed.. lovely experience and I'll book again!
March 2013
Imagineer

Not overly impressed with the decor, thought it would be better, however our meal was really nice and plenty of it, though a basic menu choice.
The waitress had obviously had some sort of operation to remove her personailty, she was grumpy, miserable and abrupt and really not a nice person/
October 2012
Cleanliness [3] Quality of Food [3] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [1] Overall Impression [3]
Imagineer

This was our 3rd time eating here. We really like this restaurant. The staff have always been really friendly and the food was very good.
August 2011
VIP Dibber

We had an ADR here after our day at Disney Hollywood Studios. During the day, DH, DS and DD looked at the menu and all decided (after I spent hours planning our ADRS earlier in the year) that they didn't like the look of the menu and they wanted to eat somewhere else. We tried to change our ADR but there was nothing available so we decided to stick here.

We turned up about 15 minutes before our ADR and the restaurant was in bedlam. There were people everywhere - walk ins were being turned away and those who had ADR's were being told there would be an hours delay. There were lots of people getting very cross!

My DH left the crowds in the waiting area and quietly and discretely went to find the manager. HE found the manager and explained our situation and the next thing we were seated and the manager had given us free fastpasses to be used anywhere in the park (so we get some extra rides on Toy Story Mania! ).

Now, to the restaurant and the food. The restaurant was nice and our server was helpful but nothing special.

DH and DS had chicken pasta, DD had spaghetti bolognaise and I chose steak. Everyone enjoyed their food apart from me but that wasn't because the food wasn't great - I just made the wrong choice and wish I had gone with the chicken pasta.

We chose a lemon creme type dessert which we didn't enjoy at all.

So, I guess, in summary, we weren't overly impressed with this restaurant. There were problems seating guests and the food didn't stand out for us.
October 2010
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [3] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [4]
Getting Excited

We went to Mama Melrose as part of the fantasmic dining package using our ddp. The food overall was nice, not the best we've ever had at WDW, but alright. I think maybe that is due to us being more picky at what we will eat which made the choice more limited. Our server however, was brilliant and very friendly. The atmosphere in there was good as was the wait time. Overall a good but not brilliant meal. However, to get the dining package I would definitely consider eating here again - especially as i feel that i am better at trying a variety of foods now!
August 2010
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [3] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

Another free DDP meal here, this time the Fantasmic Package which also included a starter.

We were only 10 minutes behind our ADR time of 4pm in being seated – pretty good we thought given the large numbers of people waiting. DW and myself both had the Mozzarella and Tomato Salad to start with Steak for the main. Ice cream for myself for dessert and Tiramasu for DW. DD had decided to go for items from the main rather than the kid's menu, and had Bruschetta, the Four Cheese Flatbread (less the blue cheese on the recommendation from the waiter) and ice cream. The steaks were cooked just to our liking, and indeed we thought as good as any of the steaks we had enjoyed on this trip.

The service was reasonably fast, but we didn't feel as if we were being rushed as in some other restaurants. The only minor criticism was that it took quite a while for our desserts to arrive, but as we weren't going anywhere in a hurry, we were more than happy to sit in the air conditioned comfort rather than be outside in the heat!

August 2010
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [4] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [4]
Excited about Disney

We really enjoyed the whole mama melrose experience. Service was good, not the best we had in WDW but okay. We had the fantasmic dining set menu, I had steak, not sure what hubbie had as ages ago, I also order my children these great cups with a choice of light up Buzz or tinker bell, they are still going now a year later!
June 2010
slightly serious Dibber

We went here on the Fantasmic Package and it was excellent. I didn't realise that it was a set price thing though but it certinaly worked out at very good value! We had the calamari & brushetta to start then my husband had the steak and I had a chicken pasta dish (can't remember the name of it!) both were delicious. For pud DH had tiramus and I had the chocolate cake thing - again very yummy! My eldest son had the kids fish and rice and the youngest the pasta - he fell asleep half way during the meal so they boxed it up for us to take out - and he ate it a couple of hours later (a bit cold but he didn't seem to mind! ).

A lovely meal at a good price.
January 2010
Getting Excited

Can understand whey the brown derby is 2 tsc and this is only one.The tuna was perfection. The steak was fantastic. We went two days in a row. It was quiet the first day, busy the next, service better on first day. However still a great place to eat. The new pomegrate lemonade was being served there, its delicious, as is the sangria. We asked for a fresh lemonade to carry out and they happly obliged. The next day was my nephews birthday, They sang happy birthday, gave him a card which all the staff hand signes and gave him an extra dessert. I cant fault this place.
October 2009
Helping Donald

One of the better restaurants Ive had dinner at. Staff at the table are very friendly/helpful. The Penne alla Vodka was particularly nice. If you are looking for a good Italian dinner, come here!
September 2009
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
Apprentice Imagineer

We really enjoyed our meal here. Staff were friendly, despite the restaurant being busy, but it didn't take that long to be seated and we were really impressed once we did. Clean and welcoming with nice theming- lots for the kids to look at.
The food arrived in a fairly timely fashion- couldn't be called quick but we didnt mind, we were enjoying the rest and the drinks!
The food was really good, my Chicken Alla Parmigiana was fantastic! And the staff were really accomodating, the chef made a special meal for DS1 who has real sensory issues- just a plain pasta with tomato based sauce but he really enjoyed it! DS2 had fish and declared it really yummy. I cannot for the life of me recall OH's meal- but he did enjoy it!
And the dessert was lovely- tiramisu and chocolate truffle cake, and ice cream too, all were lovely.
We left really satisfied and happy with our meal, the staff, the whole experience.
August 2009
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [4] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
Apprentice Imagineer

We ate here on the Fantasmic dinner package. I was disappointed in the food - it was very average. Service was slow. Would not choose to go here again. We had the choice of here or the Hollywood and Vine - think we took the wrong option!
April 2009
Cleanliness [3] Quality of Food [3] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [3] Overall Impression [3]
Imagineer

we loved this restaurant, the fantasmic dining plan was truly excellent value, every dish was delicious, hubby's steak melt-in-the-mouth, pasta delicious. Theservice was attentive and although it was REALLY busy(GoodFriday) we did not feel particularly rushed. We struggled to finish everything, I would go back in a heart beat !
April 2009
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

We ate here for DH and DS2 birthday lunch. Our first time and loved the whole experience. Lovely food, brilliant server (Zack) and a very pleasant atmosphere.
April 2009
Dibbing with Tink

We first tried this restaraunt on Boxing day for lunch and were very pleased with it. We arrived slightly early for lunch and were gald we did as it soon filled up. We ordered 3 childrens meals which were very well presented and tasted really good according to the girls. Scott had a flatbread and i had chicken parmigiana bothe were very very good, although too much for lunch. The service was excellent with drinks constantly refilled and a very attentive server. The price was very good as well. Will definately be going back again.
December 2008
Imagineer

This restaurant has had mixed reviews but we loved it we had a great server and the food was delicious DH said it was one of the best steaks of the holiday!
December 2008
Imagineer

The food in here was excellent especially the flatbreads and service was also great with our server very attentive. Great setting and atmosphere.

This is another restaurant that I would recommend to others.
October 2008
Apprentice Imagineer

We really enjoyed our meal here. I found my steak to be well cooked and of good quality. The service was good and they made a special meal for our DS as he didn't fancy anything on the menu. I woul recommend this restaurant
August 2008
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [4] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

We were so disappointed in this restaurant. After reading so many good reports, we were expecting something special, and instead it was mediocre. My son's pizza (children's menu) was tasteless and tough. My own pizza was okay, but nothing to write home about, and DH's pasta was also pretty average. The theming is lovely, and the staff were friendly, but I wouldn't go back.
May 2008
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [3] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [3]
Imagineer

Fantastic! We all loved this restaurant, even the kids who are not easily pleased! The mixed bread starter was what dreams are made of. We ate mid after noon (3pm) so it wasn't too busy and we weren't rushed. Try the desserts they are mouth watering.
August 2007
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [5]
slightly serious Dibber

had a fantasmic meal and show booking and this was only restaurant available didnt like it , i thought it was very pricey and didnt like the food nor did the kids , wont be going again
February 2007
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [3] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [3] Overall Impression [3]
Imagineer

awful awful awful. worst meal i have ever had in wdw or the states. please see trip report
September 2006
Cleanliness [3] Quality of Food [1] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [1] Overall Impression [1]
New Poster (2)

I Loved the food at this resturant but the staff that were serving were very slow. It had a great atmosphere and lovely food
August 2006
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [5] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [4]