Yak & Yeti™ Restaurant

Yak & Yeti™ Restaurant
Copper Canyon Grill

Copper Canyon Grill
Restaurants - Details & Reviews
Restaurant Marrakesh

Restaurant Marrakesh
Location Epcot World Showcase Morocco
Description Enjoy the music of Morocco with this percussive performance and exotic belly dancing. Watch the restaurant come alive as the intriguing sounds of authentic music drift into the air and the dancer approaches your table, sinuously moving her hands, arms, head and — of course! — her belly with striking grace and agility. Discover an atmosphere both delicious and delectable at the Restaurant Marrakesh!
Cuisine Moroccan
Meals Breakfast Lunch Dinner Character
Reservations Not Required
Price Range $20 - $35
Website disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/entertainment/entertainmentDetail?id=RestaurantMarrakeshEntertainmentPage
Members Rating (3.8)

Search Page
Write a Review

Reviews from Members
Member Review
Imagineer

We dined here in May 2010. The theming of this restaurant is fantastic. I would say, however, that because the ceilings are so high, and there is alot of slate and tile around, ambient noise echoes quite a lot which can make it sound noisy.

The food IMO, was excellent. I had the roast lamb meshoui, which was so tender and very flavourful. To follow I had bastilla, which was a little bit too sweet even for my sweet tooth!

I was pleasantly surprised by the floor show ;) and the kids thought it was amazing too. All in all a real experience.

As with all things Epcot, I'm not sure how truly authentic the meals were - that said it was a great meal all in all.

One thing in addition, the restaurant is so tucked out of the way. It's a shame, as I think being closer to World Showcase Lagoon would bring more people in.
May 2010
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [4] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [4]
slightly serious Dibber

They were unable to find our reservation when we arrived at the podium but found us a table for 2.
I went to the restroom while we waiting to be seated. The back of the toilet seat was dirty - maybe they were trying for real authenticity?!
It took about 10 minutes to be seated and we had a reasonable view of the entertainment.
It became immediately apparent that there was an unpleasant smell in the dinning room - which we kept getting whafts of now and again - it was almost bad enough to make me leave at that point. I'm not sure what it was - it sort of smelled like plastic wiped down with a dirty smelly dish cloth.

I'm NOT a fussy eater and will try anything and everything, however, I should have followed my gut instincts and walked out before eating.

The food (chicken kebabs for DH and lamb shank for me) was tasteless. DH's meal consisted of 2 skewers with 3 small cubes of chicken and 3 mushrooms and half a plate of olives! My meal was a small dry lamb shank on a bed of tasteless cous cous and some overcooked dried up carrots.
We pushed the food around, ate a little then decided to leave and get a QS meal somewhere.
Our server was indifferent to the fact that we'd obviously not enjoyed our meal and didn't bother to inquire as to what the problem might be before she took the plates away. She asked if we wanted dessert almost as an after thought but I politely said no thank you - can we have our bill please? 20 minutes later the bill arrived. I thought she was worth a $3 tip and no more but DH left a $6 tip which annoyed me but was still way below the suggested amount.

We could have complained but this was our last night before coming home so refunding our TS credit would have been no use at all.

I was bitterly disappointed by both the food and the service as my sister has been here several times and had told me how fantastic it was. Maybe the kitchen and the server were having a bad day?

It's unbelievable that this meal cost 1 table service credit each - the same as Le Cellier where the food is amazing and the service much better!
September 2009
Cleanliness [1] Quality of Food [1] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [1] Overall Impression [1]
Imagineer

A rather disappointing experience, mainly due to the feeling of being rushed with our meal by the waiter. The food itself was tasty, but only luke warm, and it felt as if it had been waiting around for some time. Our opinion of the waiter fell even further when he asked us if we wanted our change bringing! Unsuprisingly, we didn't leave the recommended 18% tip.
April 2009
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [3] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [2] Overall Impression [2]
Imagineer

Wonderful music and the bellydancer was so graceful. The setting was cool and relaxing, and the food was delicious. The servers were relaxed, offering plenty of time to us and were very knowledgable about the food. Great for a break from the hustle and bustle of the parks.
September 2007
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

DH and I both loved dining here,the food was fabulous and the entertainment was excellent too.A definate must if you get the chance.
July 1997
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]