AMC  MACGUFFINS

AMC MACGUFFINS
Landry's Seafood Restaurant

Landry's Seafood Restaurant
Restaurants - Details & Reviews
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant

Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant
Location Disney Hollywood Studios Commissary Lane
Description Motor into this indoor "dine-in" for good times. Park yourself under a starry sky in a vintage convertible and catch old sci-fi flicks on the big screen. Enjoy sandwiches, salads, shakes and specialty drinks in a cool '50s car as you shriek at your favorite movie creatures. One of the most original dining experiences this side of Mars it's out of this world!
Cuisine American
Meals Breakfast Lunch Dinner Character
Reservations Recommended
Price Range $20 - $35
Website http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdwi/en_GB/dining/diningDetail?id=SciFiDineInTheaterDiningPage
Members Rating (4.3)

Search Page
Write a Review

Reviews from Members
Member Review
Getting Excited

It's a really fun place to go for a meal in the parks. The cheesy trailers are amazing, but they could probbaly do with extending the reel, as we saw most of them twice during our meal.

Food-wise, the burgers are really good and the shakes are really thick and delicious. It's certainly one of the most filling meals on property.

The seating arrangements are a little odd. As a party of 4, we had 2 random people sat directly behind us in the same "car", which is a bit uncomfortable. There are 4-seater cars, so next time I'd request one of those specifically.
May 2017
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [4] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [4]
Getting Excited

We loved this place it has great theming. We got to sit in one of the cars however if we had of got a table I would have been a little disappointed. Found our server lovely and friendly. Great gluten free choices and food as really good. We would definitely go back here and eat.
April 2017
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
Getting Excited

Best restaurant in Disney in my opinion! What's not to like?
Sitting in a Cadillac watching cartoons in a fake drive in movie theatre?! Whats not to like?
The food is great, the staff are amazing.
It's my favourite place to eat in Disney!
December 2016
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

To say I was not a fan of this restaurant is an understatement. Our server was quite rude and didn't want to be near us, I had to get up and walk around looking for her a few times. In fact none of the servers seemed to want to be there. The toilets are part of the theme park, no seperate ones with long queues. The whole feel to the restaurant just wasn't my thing. I would not return in future. The food was mediocre at best.
May 2016
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [2] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [1] Overall Impression [2]
VIP Dibber

I have to say I loved this restaurant. I know the reviews can be a little mixed but yes, it was quite dark, but I was aware of this before we booked it and it didn't ruin the experience - in fact it added to it. The theme of the restaurant is excellent and my boys loved sitting in the car to eat their lunch. The burger I had (Sci-Fi Burger) was the best burger I had in the whole of our two week stay so it is definitely on our list to do again next time.
April 2016
Cleanliness [3] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [5]
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Always a must do visit for us. The theming is superb and is a fun place to eat. They also do an Oreo milkshake so is worth visiting just for that!
August 2015
VIP Dibber

Visited with my hubby and 2 kids for the first time. What can I say ! we were seated quickly in a car, 2 rows of 2. Our server was great even though she was super busy and she always remembered our drinks for our refills so never had to ask. The burgers were really yummy. We all loved the overall experience and will defo be back here again, highly recommend
April 2015
Excited about Disney

Ate here last night (26th Dec) and really enjoyed it.
The food was nice, and the portions manageable.
The server Kyle was really funny and very attentive.
The ambience was good and the classic old Sci Fi movie sat in cars as if in a drive in were really well themed
I loved it and would recommend
December 2014
Trading Disney Pins

we dined here in December. Waiter was lovely, so nice and helpful. My partner wasn't mad about her cocktail so he changed it for her.

Food was nice and the atmosphere is very good. We we're a party of four and ate in one of the vehicles. We went to view the Osbourne lights afterwards, was spectacular.
December 2014
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [4] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
Apprentice Imagineer

we went here for an early diner before seeing the osborne lights.

it was just me and hubby.

the theming was brilliant...it was like being in an old american drive in. you sit in a car watching black and white movie clips and cartoons. its dusk so you look up to the stars! the reel lasts an hour then repeats itself.

the car seats 6 people in rows of two. we sat in the back seats with a family of four in the front two rows. you didnt feel you were ontop of them.

we had burger and chips...there wasnt a huge choice but its more of a burger and milkshake sort of place. i had a pumpkin pie milkshake topped with cream and a cherry...it was FABULOUS.

we didnt have space for a dessert and stayed for an hour. took a few pictures. the family in front of us left and we were on our own for sometime.

food was really good as was the theming. for the two of us it cost just under $60.

November 2014
VIP Dibber

Loved this restaurant! The theming was brilliant. I was a solo diner and sat in the back of the car, i.e. the hitchhiker :) The food was good, not brilliant, but only what you expect from burgers and fries. The oreo shake was to die for! The service here was fab, couldn't fault it. Would recommend it for everyone to try, just for the experience!
October 2014
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [4] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
VIP Dibber

Loved the Sci Fi Cafe - the theming is excellent. It really takes you back to the 1950s. We were a party of 9 and we split across 2 cars. You sit side by side facing the movie screen. The movies a B flick trailers, which really add to the atmosphere. The food is pretty standard fare but plentiful and tasty. We were able to swap a dessert for a milkshake.

We all loved it and would definitely book again.
October 2014
Very Serious Dibber

Love the atmosphere in this place. Dine here everytime i am disney and will continue to do so. Fuss free food in a brilliant setting. What more can you ask for?
September 2014
Imagineer

I love the theming, sitting in a car, watching old Sci Fi movies. Our children loved the adverts!
The food is ok, nothing special. Gorgeous milkshakes and we were too full to enjoy dessert. We were on dining plan but would be quite expensive for what it is to pay oop.

The one downside is that it is very dark and you can't really see your food. It is also quite noisy so better to point out what you want on menu or you might not get what you ordered!
August 2014
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [3] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [3] Overall Impression [4]
Excited about Disney

Amazing burgers - cool setting.

Remember it is only a 45 min film loop so if you go 3 courses you will get re-runs.
August 2014
VIP Dibber

It was our first time booking Sci fi restaurant. We were seated in a car which was different & fun. We watch old black & white film clips & a cartoon from the 50's -60's.
Our food was good & the service was good also . would recommend this & we hope to eat here again on another trip.
January 2014
VIP Dibber

Really fantastic setting and atmosphere. Worth going just for the experience alone. The food was pretty good too. Picnic burger was very good and the steak and garlic mash was excellent. It is dark and so seeing your food can be a bit challenging but thats all part of the fun! The milkshakes here are amazing, I'd be tempted to go back just for another one of those.
We sat at a more conventional "table" style car as we needed a high chair but the booth style cars looked like more fun.
November 2013
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [4] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [3] Overall Impression [4]

Booked in advance, was advised that it was a nice place to eat, and it was! On arrival had to wait approx. 10mins to be seated. Party of 5, 3 adults, 2 children. The kids thought it was awesome. Seated in a car, kids in front watching a movie. Great experience. Food was good for all concerned. Price not too bad. Would highly recommend.
October 2013
Earning More Ears

Amazing Experience! Only waited about 5-10 minutes for a table, our waitress was brand new, she was very nice and friendly. Food was great, I enjoyed it very much. We loved our experience and would definitely recommend it. :)
October 2013
Earning More Ears

Booked an ADR for an 11:30 early lunch! It was packed even at that point. Turns out it was our engagement lunch, which made it more of a fun experience. We had the front seat of a car. I would always suggest asking for one of those. I had a great burger, with onion rings. Disney do their burgers well! Fun vibe, if a little dark, couldn't get any good photos! Worth a visit for sure!
September 2013
VIP Dibber

A last minute ADR, so wasnt sure what we were walking into... their was some technical problems with the booking system when we arrived, so their were big delays in seating people. The staff were coping fine, until someone who was clearly a Manager arrived, who sent the atmosphere 'south' she was abrupt to the staff & customers, very directive. She took what was being accepted by everyone as 'one of those things that happen' into a 'We want to be seated now, we have been waiting 20mins' atmosphere...

When we were seated it was great fun, the girls loved the fact that it they were sitting in-front of us in the car set-up. The only thing that was a little off putting, was that a couple were later seated in the back seat of the car behind us, I understand the need to maximise seating/revenue, but it was a little uncomfortable for them & us to all be seated so close. The food was good, service was fine... youngest daughter loved her milkshake and the eldest enjoyed the ice cream sundaes...

Enjoyable, if a little strange :)
August 2013
Imagineer

Well first up I have to say I'm biased, even before I post my review, been previously and loved the themeing. Fair enough on our visit not much had really changed, but that was the good thing.

We waited for a slight bit, that more to my fault due to a photo glitch on Aerosmith ride, so were around 15-20 minutes late, but we got our buzzer and sat and waited. After maybe 15 minutes or so we were taken to our seat by our fab greeter (more about him later). Thankfully we got a car booth which I wanted, forgot how small they are, so I sat in the back whilst my other half and daughter plopped in the front.
Our server finally came after a slight delay, got some drinks (lunar landing cocktail, coke and bud light). We then proceeded to order our meal shortly after, I opted for a couple of starters as my main meal with fries, choosing chicken wings and popcorn chicken (although need to remember no blue cheese dressing no more, bleh!). Hot Dogs and Fries all round for the others.
Some people give the SFD a hard time with their food, but I loved it (forgetting the Dressing) and for me anyway the setting is just out of this world.
I'd probably say that it's the best themed restaurant for me, love that back in time feeling and the old movies and those fab booths. It is a bit dark though, maybe a bit too dark, lol, although that no doubt adds to the whole experience and theme.
We finished off with a Sundae and an Ice Cream although were already way full.
Fab place and would happily return time and time again.
Going back to the greeter, we had a slight problem when entering as there was a picture of a huge spider film poster, our little one got a bit scared and asked if there was any spiders inside, we tried to calm her but I did remember that the screen may well show it. Our greeter on taking us to our seat did ask what the problem was and we told him, he said he'd get that sorted as he showed us our booth. Just before our server came to us, the greeter popped up and told our little one not to worry as he has a special gift that would keep any spiders away from her, he gave her one of the light up Ariel clip-on's, told her to press it on if she felt scared. So that popped a smile on her face and also mine as meant I didn't need to buy one now. Excellent service!
July 2013
Apprentice Imagineer

We booked this one as one of our ADR's and it was a close call between this and the 50's prime time cafe. Once we eventually found it we checked in, the staff were ok, not the friendliest bunch but we were just sat waiting. We waited about 10 minutes and then were taken through and shown to our car. I love the theming its great although we didn't fall in love with it! The food was good, what we could see of it, it really is a lot darker in there than it looks in pics! Our waitress wasn't the best and was a tad offish, as though we had inconvenienced her! All in all it was a good experience and we are glad we did it but I don't think we would go back.
January 2013
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [4] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [2] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

We really enjoyed ourselves here! I know it gets mixed reviews but we fancied the whole theming around the restaurant and decided to give it a go. We were kept waiting quite a while - 20 minutes past our ADR. When you go into the restaurant it is just a fab experience. We were all sat in our own car and we watched the movies - it was so quiet - everyone was watching the big screen. It was dark so we couldn't see what we were eating. DS loved his milkshake. DH and I had the steak which was absolutely fine - nothing special, but we still enjoyed it. Apple crumble for dessert was absolutely delicious. Our server was really friendly and helpful. Only downside was we were absolutely freezing - the air conditioning was turned right up and we were really cold. We will definitely visit here again if we go back.
October 2012
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [4] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [4]
slightly serious Dibber

I can't make up my mind about this place! It's a great concept with lots of potential but the set up means that your enjoyment is potentially dependent on the people you end up sharing a car with. It's not so much fun to spend your meal with someone else's kids hanging over the back of the seat in front of you, staring or swiping condiments/napkins off your table.

I love the atmosphere of the place, once your eyes adjust to the dark, it's fun to eat by the little lamps in your booth. The classic cartoons are a lovely but of nostalgia.

The food is ok. The burger wasn't the best one I had on our trip but its was fine. The onion rings aren't as good as the ones served at the Fountain (Dolphin Hotel cafe). Milkshakes were fab.

I think it's a little bit expensive for what it is.
September 2012
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [3] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

Not overly impressed, very average food,poor choice, bored staff and a very long wait for our meals although it wasn't full. Wouldn't eat here again.
September 2012
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [3] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [3] Overall Impression [3]
Joker in the pack

Food was below par staff seemed that they wanted to give us the bill even before the meal ended. Not the best place to eat I world not go again
September 2012
Cleanliness [2] Quality of Food [1] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [2] Overall Impression [1]
Apprentice Imagineer

Fun Setting, sitting in the car's my two ds aged 10 and 6 thought it was great.
The food was o.k. nothing to rave about but it was not bad either. I though the movie's would have been disney ones and something to keep the kids entertained, but unfortunatley not. Been once would not rush to go again.
June 2012
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [3] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [4]
Excited about Disney

We loved the themeing of this restaurant, very fun but maybe a bit lost on children. Is a tad dark but I guess the effect of the drive in theatre would be lost if it was bright. Server was very friendly and the hostess was amazing after I accidently booked for the flight day the day before. They managed to get us in a bit later on. Food was good, massive burgers and the cherry and vanilla blended coke are awesome! Would come back again
June 2012
Proud to wear my Ears

Had lunch here using the DDP was seated quite quick to our reservation time has a great car, it is very dark in side but this is all within the theming, order 1 cheeseburger, i steak and 1 sandwich all good - all had soft drinks and just had ice cream for pudding - all in all good meal great theming, great waiter and if not on DDP would have found it good value for money. Kids loved the old films and how they got to sit in front of us.
September 2011
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [3] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [4]
slightly serious Dibber

Sci-fi dine in is a great atmosphere and the food is decent too.
However, we had a horrible experience here. Our server was absent for most of the meal after he dropped my OH's starter of wings in his lap! For main I chose a Rueben...turns out I don't like them! Our refills were not refilled once during our meal and service took so long that the film on the big screen did almost two complete loops.
That being said I believe this is a great themed restaurant and with the right server and right menu choices it could be our ideal meal.
September 2011
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [2] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [2] Overall Impression [3]
Apprentice Imagineer

Eaten here a few times over the last 12 years but most recently in Sept 2011. Used DDP. Got seated fairly quickly. Both myself and my fiance felt quite cramped inside the car behind 2 strangers. I had the prawn linguine - ok but nothing special. OH had the steak - again ok. Dessert for me was the peanut butter cake - bit sickly but nice. OH just got a gluten free brownie to take away - they didn't have a great choice of coeliac desserts unlike the other Disney restaurants we visited.
If you've never been before I'd definitely say try it for the experience but we both agreed we've been there done that for now, unless it gets updated.
September 2011
VIP Dibber

During our 2011 visit we went here twice, each time for dinner.
The experience was fanatastic and we will be going back in 2012 as a definate.
The whole of our party enjoyed it and the food was lovely.
We all had different entrees and desserts and all loved what we chose each time.
Highly recommendable!
September 2011
Imagineer

A decent experience as old B movies play on the giant screen and you are seated in booths setup like cars at a drive-thru movie. A curious aspect of this is that it's not the most social of dining experiences as your party could be 'front to back' as those in the back seats face the backs of those in the front seats.

It's also pretty dark, as per the theming, which can make it tricky to see your food.

Our food was passable - nothing extraordinary and I'm not sure we'd bother again.
August 2011
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [3] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [3]

I'm glad we gave it a try! Not sure i'll go back though. Wish I had known how dark the restaurant would be (my Mother is legally blind) i'm not, but I also had a hard time seeing. The atmosphere was fun but the food was lousy with the exception of the desert (cheesecake was delicious) 9 Year old Daughter loved it and wants to go back.
November 2010
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [2] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [3] Overall Impression [3]
slightly serious Dibber

Another fabulous restaurant. We didn't make a reservationso had a small wait of about 10 minutes before we could be seated which was fine. The atmosphere is great and the Cherry Coke is fabulous! The menu isn't too amazing but my choice of burger and chips (not very original I know!) tasted great! This is a really cool place to eat with a huge screen showing old school trailers and adverts.
October 2010
Getting Excited

I had wanted to eat in this place since it very first opened so was unbelievable excited when we finally got to pay a visit! We really ummd and ahhd (spelling?!?!) about this reservation when it came to the crunch because the reviews were somewhat 'iffy' and there were lots of other places we wanted to go! However, due to the fact that i'd always wanted to go there we decided to keep it and we were so glad we did! It was a real novelty for us and despite the fact we were a party of 2 we were seated in a car (woohoo!) something that we had been worried about missing out on! There was literally no wait time, the service was brill and we were really taken in by the chilled surroundings. When we finish the lovely food it really felt like we'd had a good break from the busy park which was great! It is most definitely on our list for next time and we would recommend it. The food might not be ground breaking, but it was good! - better than some had suggested to us (though we might have just hit it on a good day!) and for the experience I will go back again!
August 2010
Imagineer

We loved it here, we came in for lunch, great to get out of the midday sun and we all enjoyed our meal here. The menu is nothing fancy basically burgers sandwiches etc with fries but this was the only time i had a burger whilst in Disney and i really enjoyed it. We also had the milkshakes which were really yummy. The kids really enjoyed sitting in the car and watching the movie's, we would definatley come here again
August 2010
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [3] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [5]
VIP Dibber

Food was fine,and puddings/milkshakes were delish.

Would come again for the brilliant theming
May 2010
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [4] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

Great theme in here, and it must be the quietest restaurant we visited, due to people being glued to the screen!

I had the burger, which was ok, not the greatest burger ever. But the milkshakes were amazing! More like a Mr Whippy ice cream in a glass.

We were seated in the front row of a car, and given 'driving licence' after we paid the bill!

We have book for our next holiday, I will just not get the burger.
May 2010
Proud to wear my Ears

still the same. menu limited, food ok, staff friendly, if you`ve been before give this a miss
May 2010
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [3] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [3]
Excited about Disney

We had an ADR here as my DS liked the sound of it! It was a bit strange sitting in a car to eat your meal! The boys liked being able to watch the telly whlst they were eating but I found it a bit too dark. Also, I like to have a bit of a chat when I'm eating but this was a bit impossible as our sons had their backs to us! Found the burger to be dry and tasteless too so won't be going back. On the positive my husband loved his milkshake!
January 2010
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [2] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [4]
VIP Dibber

I read so many negative reviews of the Sci Fi Diner, but I have to say, Ive been several times and never been disappointed! Last time I had a cheeseburger which was great and I ALWAYS have to have the diet coke blended with cherry, I wish I could get that over here (and its not the same as cherry diet coke!).

The setting is great, its usually quiet as people are watching whats on the screens (great if you need some time out and are fed up with making table conversations!) and weve never had any problems with service.

Its not that Im not picky, Ive been lucky enough to dine at some fabulous restaurants around the world and certainly appreciate fine dining however youre at a theme park, in a restaurant that has been set up like a drive in theater, sitting in a car to eat your lunch. I think sometimes people could do with appreciating more what there is rather than isnt.

The creativity that goes into designing such a restaurant is incredible and I think kids and adults alike are fascinated the first time they step into that place! It is most definitely on my must do list!
January 2010
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [4] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [5]
Very Serious Dibber

We loved it here!

We shared onion rings to start, which were lovely, and both had the buger for mains.

I had NO room for dessert, but Jack had a chocolate peanut butter cake which he loved.

Sitting in the car to eat was great fun, and we loved the movies.

We definitely reccomend it and would definitely go back!
October 2009
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [4] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

This was my DS favourite restaurant in Disney and my least favourite. He and his dad sat in the front and chatted whilst I sat behind them on my own, then a couple were seated immediately behind me which made me feel uncomfortable. The food was poor, I had the tofu (I'm not vegetarian but was looking for something different, which it was!) and the atmosphere did nothing for me, however my 7 year loved the concept of watching tv when he eats (not allowed at home)
October 2009
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [2] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [3]
Imagineer

nice burger and shake, nice staff, quickly seated-quite cheap to-bit dark but enjoyed it all the same, will be booking again next year,
September 2009
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Best themed retaurant we went to, very original. The tables are 1950s style cars and all cars point towards a screen with trailers from 1950s sci-fi films, staff were very friendly, loved it. One problem, the food was AWFUL. Chicken burger was very greasy and the menu was very limited. This was the only place we went to where I didn't finish my meal.
September 2009
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [1] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [3]
Apprentice Imagineer

Went here a couple of times with my sister. Both times got a table really quickly even though we had not booked.
They said that they can usually fit 2 people in at any time.

Selections are pretty basic, so we stuck to burgers - which were really nice.
Definitly go here again.
September 2009
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [4] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [4]

Ate here twice this year. DD loved the cars and food was good. Service good too. will be sure to eat here again.
September 2009
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [4] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
VIP Dibber

A great place to cool off and enjoy the whole experience. We like lunch time better than dinner - the burgers are good, but the service is 'spotty' depends who you get. If there are more than 2 of you, you'll be eating looking at someones back, due to the positioning of the 'car seats. Kids will love the novelty of it though.
September 2009
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [3] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [3] Overall Impression [3]
Serious Dibber

We booked Sci-Fi Dine In as one of our DDP meals, as we thought it would be a good experience, as it promised something a bit different. Well, here is my review:

When we arrived, it took an age to get seated There were people waiting all over the place for their table to be ready There was not enough room for everyone waiting, and it just seemed to be a bit of a scrabble, with some people sitting on the floor, and many others just standing around. I am not sure if this is a regular occurrence, or whether we were just unlucky to turn up at an extremely busy time, but things like this do put a little bit of a downer on the start of the meal (a lot of the other restaurants, for example, have descent waiting areas with sufficient seating).

When we did get seated, our waiter seemed friendly and happy (and was more than happy to take a couple of pictures of us, when we asked), although it did seem that he was rushing around waiting on many (too many?) other tables And I say tables lightly the theming of this restaurant is of an American drive-in movie, so the tables are actually models of cars, with three benches in each car, all forward facing (towards the movie screen) This is a great theme, BUT be aware that it is not conducive for discussions across the group, if there are more than two of you.

Also, the tables themselves were not that clean, with visible signs of the last diners! (perhaps it is diifficult for the staff to clean them properly, as it is dark in there!)

The food itself, I would describe as Basic certainly not, in my opinion, worth the price that they charge (for those not on the DDP).

We also had a couple of mix-ups with our order one of our drinks was wrong when brought to the table (easy mistake), and a starter that only turned up with the mains now, I know these sorts of mistakes do happen, but it just seemed that the waiting staff were so busy that they just didnt have time to pay attention to the details.

As for the movies that are played, I am afraid to say that these are actually a mish-mash of snippets and adverts of a sci-fi theme that are played on a loop Whilst the idea is a good one, at the end of the meal I walked out somewhat disappointed and cant help thinking that it could have been much better delivered. All-in-all I would have to say it was a so-so experience. Am I glad we did it? Yes, for the experience. Our kids did say that they liked the experience, but we werent so impressed. Would we do it again? No.

So to sum up would I recommend this restaurant to anybody else?... Well, if you are on the DDP, and if you have been to several other restaurants and if you are looking for something a little different, then yes, maybe but only for the fact that it offers an experience that is somewhat different from the norm. If you are not on the DDP and are paying yourself, then I would only recommend this restaurant if you really want to try the experience.
August 2009
Cleanliness [3] Quality of Food [2] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [2]
VIP Dibber

Waited around so long to be seated we almost left. Once seated the food was poor and had packaging on the plate but the shakes were nice and the idea was kinda interesting. Wouldn't eat here again but pleased we did this time as it was free anyway.
August 2009
Cleanliness [3] Quality of Food [2] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [3]
Imagineer

This is a great lunchtime diner as long as you don't take it too seriously! Serving burgers and pizza the restaurants atmosphere does it for us everytime. The moves are great and still make us laugh. I loved the enormous Margarita :-) and my DD loved the glowing Tinkerbell drink. The lighting can be a problem when it comes to seeing what your eating but other than that this place is on my list everytime - great fun
August 2009
Getting Excited

Whole experience was really good, would recommend and wqould definetely go back. :)
August 2009
Apprentice Imagineer

This place sucks. Truly and utterly sucks.
We decided to try it because the boys thought it sounded cool, and the idea appealed to us as well.
Big mistake.
The theming is... fair enough I guess, and in the spirit of the time, but as so many have said, you end up talking to the back of people's heads, and utter strangers can be sat behind you too- I don't like this at all.
We waited forEVER to be served once eventually seated, despite booking earlier that day- I don't mind a wait but this took the biscuit. It took the whole packet, in fact!
Once we eventually had our order taken, our drinks arrived fairly quickly, but out diet cokes were watery and yeuch. The kids liked theirs but as they were glued to the big screen, they would have said that cactus juice tasted fine!
Our food eventually arrived, brought by a harried, gruff server and placed on our not-at-all-clean table (he had given it a perfunctory wipe, but it kinda just moved the debris around, IMO...).
Yuck.
Yuckity,yucktiy,yuckyuck...
Cold, bland, greasy... never had burgers like it. The fries were undercooked, limp and hurlworthy. I don't think we even ate half before paying (we did NOT tip, and explained why...I felt sorry for the servers, tbh... ) and fleeing to Pizza Planet for something to fill us up... (out of the frying pan, into the fire springs to mind,... nearly. )
NEVER going back here again, and would advise you all to avoid like the plague.
August 2009
Cleanliness [1] Quality of Food [1] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [2] Overall Impression [1]
Very Serious Dibber

just had burgers fries and drinks which were enjoyable. atmosphere good and really enjoyed getting out of sun and sitting in the cool for a while!
July 2009
slightly serious Dibber

Liked it here. Feel there is something for everyone on the menu. Other half had ribs which he said were nice followed by some mad cheesecake creation that had popcorn and m&m's scattered all over it. I had a chicken and Brushetta sandwich which was really nice. Theming is good you sit in cars, some servers are on roller skates, you have the big movie screen and little touches like the bill being referred to as your parking violation help to make the experience.
June 2009
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [5]
Apprentice Imagineer

the experience was great at this restaurant and we had good service.the kids did get a bit fed up we had to wait around an hour before we were seated.the menu was ok but the food wasnt fab.it is very dark inside so you cant see what your eating!on the whole though you must do this for the experience its great.
May 2009
Cleanliness [3] Quality of Food [2] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [3]
Imagineer

We enjoyed the experience here. The meal was basic as was the menu but was made up for by eating in a car watching a movie. We had pre-booked and was early and were seated within 5 mins.
May 2009
Imagineer

We had a really good time in the Sci - Fi Dine In Theatre when we visited in May this year. We had an ADR which was very neccessary, several parties were turned away in the time we were waiting for our table. As a party of 6 we had a whole car -yay and I have to say the whole experience was a blast. We had a super server - so dry it was hard to read her sometimes! The food was very good, melt off the bone ribs, yummy burgers & fab shakes. I thought the desserts were overrated but the rest of the family enjoyed them. The Kids had glo cube drinks and were 'allowed' to bring their Mickey Mouse plates home!
The bill for 2 shakes & 2 glo cube drinks, 2 kids meals & desserts, 4 adult meals, desserts & soft drinks was $162.57 - this included 18% gratuity
Overall we thought this was great, it suited the 3 generations of our party and was a cool, quietish oasis in a hot day
May 2009
Excited about Disney

Booked this as an ADR for lunch on Easter Sunday 2009. Thought the kids would love the theming but i probably enjoyed it more. Not a very social way to eat as you all sit facing the screen but its the closest we will probably get to a drive in experiance. Servers were great and really good with our 2 year old who wasnt happy at having a big screen and no cebeebies! Food was just ok but really went for the surrondings. Worth a visit as very different to anything else we have experienced.
April 2009
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [3] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

we ate here in january we didnt book in advance we booked when we went to the park, we both enjoyed this restaurant the theming was great, the waitress on rollerskates and watching the movie screen while eating was really good and the food was excellent would definatley recommend eating here we will definatley be going again
January 2009
VIP Dibber

Been loads of times and love it...
December 2008
VIP Dibber

I wasn't expecting too much out of this meal as I had read some poor reviews before we went.

We went for Dinner and although we had quite a long wait for our table to be ready we were seated near the back of the theatre and our server was very nice & helpful.

The milkshakes were gorgeous here (I really like having a milkshake as an alternative sometimes to Diet Coke! )

The ribs were really nice. They were almost as good as the ones I had had at Bahama Breeze. The kids meals were good and they both enjoyed theirs. DH enjoyed his steak. They only downside is that it is difficult to see your plate in the dark which probably doesn't matter too much except when you are eating ribs you kind of need to see them!

We have booked to return for a lunchtime on our next trip.
November 2008
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
Excited about Disney

We loved this.

We did it 'for the kids' thinking we'd hate it, but infact it was really fun, we felt like we were in Happy Days, drinking our shakes and watching movies.

The movie clips were really funny 'women from mars who've never seen men before' type of thing, and Dh and I were really laughing and the kids were rather bemused but enjoying the novelty.

The menu, was standard American food as befits the setting, and was fine.

The service was good.

A bonus for us was, it was quiet in there, as everyone is watching the movie! Some restaurants are so noisy and manic this made a lovely change.

Worth doing for the fun fcator.
October 2008
Imagineer

my husband and I loved this resturant, it was such fun we were sat in the third row of our car with a view of the screen. The food was very nice although the menu was limited. Staff were friendly and helpful.
Our only complaint was the amount of time we had to wait to be seated despite having a reservation and the fact that it is very dark but the atmosphere more than made up for it and we would definatly go again.
September 2008
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [4] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [5]
Apprentice Imagineer

We were very pleased to actually get in to eat at this restaurant as all the others were booked up. There were only 2 of us which made it easier. First time eating there, and was impressed with the setup inside of the cars.

Had the onion rings to share which were lovely, followed by steak and blue cheese salad which was so tasty.

Totally enjoyed the experience and would love to go again.
August 2008
Apprentice Imagineer

There was very much a divided opinion in our family about this place. I found it to be an overpriced burger bar serving average food at inflated prices. However the kids loved it. They loved their meals and the theming. Our server was great and really looked after us. If looking for a unique dining experience than give this a go if you want a high quality meal then i would look elsewhere.
August 2008
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [2] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [3]
Imagineer

This is a favourite of ours after discovering it on the trip before last. The atmosphere is fun and you do really feel like you're in a drive in. All the meals we have had so far have been good and the service we have received has been well worth the gratuity.
August 2008
Imagineer

We loved the cars and the whole ambience, how can you not, its such a fun place to eat a meal but I would only go for lunch and I don't think it's quite worth using a TS credit for.

DH of course went for the Burger my friend and I decided to share the Spinach and Cheese dip with Tortilla chips and a chicken sandwich with the most amazing melon salad Ive ever tasted it was scrumorama.

I have also eaten the fries and ceaser here and I do enjoy the shakes as well.

Always a good lunch stop off!
May 2008
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [4] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [4]

Not happy about the wait, despite having the reservation it was close on 3/4 of an hour after our time. Food was nice and well cooked. Atmosphere was great it was just we got seated so much later than planned we had to rush to get to Fantasmic so not as enjoyable as it should / could have been. Would go again but when not under a time limit.

It is dark in there so you have no idea of the cleanliness but it 'seemed' ok.
May 2008
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [5] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [4]
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

May 2008
Cleanliness [3] Quality of Food [3] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [4]
slightly serious Dibber

Thought the drive in theme was brilliant, and could have stayed and drank the milkshakes all night. Unfortunately i thought the food was rather horrible, chicken burger didn't taste good at all and the pasta DW ordered was basically swimming and rather bland. Didn't even know you could order a normal burger until we were leaving as the menu was rather limited.
March 2008
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [1] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [2]

me and my DW absolutely loved this little gem within hollywood studios or as us oldies like to call it MGM hahah the food was brilliant and the service so quik and really freindly price wise very reasonable too cant wait to go back next november i bags the front seat hahahah
November 2007
Excited about Disney

We Loved it here. Great food great atmosphere
November 2007
Imagineer

We had an ADR booked for 6.15pm, eventually got seated at 6.45pm and wish we had not bothered. The service was shocking from sitting down to getting our meals was almost an hour. The food was rotten, mines was actually stone cold so I did not eat it. The server picked my full plate up and did not even ask me why I had not eaten any of it. Its so dark that you can not see what your eating and we had sat so long we had seen the same films again! I actually complained to Disney about this place on my return. I would never go again and definately not recommend it. It was so disappointing as it looked so good.
June 2007
Cleanliness [3] Quality of Food [1] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [1] Overall Impression [1]
slightly serious Dibber

LOVE IT great food great atmosphere we go every time were there great place
February 2007
Excited about Disney

Loved it. Food was great, tasty and fresh. Had the shakes, Beef Chilli, Spinach Cheesy Dip, and we both had some excellent Ribs for main course. Had a great time and the atmosphere is unique (the film clips are hillarious) Service was friendly, but a little rushed and we weren't offered Desserts ,they just asked us if we wanted the bill. But it didn't spoil the eveining and we still took our time finishing our shakes (as good as a Dessert).
November 2006
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [4] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [4]
Excited about Disney

we had high hopes, and when we arrived we were impressed with the setting and atmosphere of the place,but im afraid the service was ok and the main thing that lets this place down is the food, it was terrible and over priced but you are paying for the setting. will never go again..
October 2006
Cleanliness [3] Quality of Food [1] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [3] Overall Impression [2]
VIP Dibber

Ate here for the first time, thought the theming was really good, really enjoyed the food, loved eating while sitting in the car, kids really loved it. DH thought it was a bit dark and could not see the menu. Would definately go again.
September 2006
Excited about Disney

Another visit - the Kids always demand it! The Movies are still the same, but never fail to fascinate us as to why people actually bothered to watch these things! This time the kids had chocolate milkshakes which also comes with a spoon! Helpful that because it means the parents can pinch some! Food not terribly exciting but does cater well for the kids.
August 2006
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [4] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [4]
VIP Dibber

We loved it here. The service was great, the food was great. The kids loved it and we think the waiter went the extra mile to make it a good experience.
August 2006
Apprentice Imagineer

this was the best place we ate all holiday. My husbans is a chef and he said the steak was the best he'd ever tasted. The themeing was great, the staff could not do enough for us, the food was quick, well presented and piping hot and tasted great. this is somewhere we would book next time without hesitation. Highly recommended
June 2006
Very Serious Dibber

Sorry to say but very disapointed with the service and food here
Wait time was fine we were sat at a table along with a family on the Disney Dining plan big mistake !
after waiting 15min while the waiter took their order which inc starters finally took our order (just main meals )
Our food arrived along with the other families main meals ours were COLD the waiter failed to speak to us after he took our order waited another 10min to get the bill
then another 10min to get our change No tip this time!
May 2006
Cleanliness [3] Quality of Food [2] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [1] Overall Impression [2]
Proud to wear my Ears

Great time had again here. Turned up without ADR and we were told to come back in 30 mins. We were told we would only probably get a table at the back, but we did end up in a car. Food was great, kids loved it and the service was great and quick. We plan to go again in May 2008.
May 2006
Excited about Disney

Went in here on the offchance could get a table, waited about 20minutes and thought it well worth the wait. Unfortunately we didn't get a car but 1 of the flyingsaucer tables at the back. We thought the setting and the atmosphere to be fantastic loved the theming. Our server was fantastic, no problems at all and we thought the food was fabulous, we both had the burger n fries with hot fudge sundae and DS had chicken strips and some kind of sundae i think! We were going to go back to try and get a car but never got the chance to return, will definitely go again tho whenever we return.
April 2006
Apprentice Imagineer

try coca cola ribs mmmmmmmmmmmmm
November 2005
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [3] Overall Impression [5]
Excited about Disney

this was the 1st onsite restaurant we went to and loved it the waiter couldnt do enoth for us and he kept the two kids amused even the toddler ( age 23 months at time ) the food was superb and my oldest child (age 9 ) got this glowing ice cube will defo be going bk to this one again in 2006
September 2005
Imagineer

We eat here on every trip as it is DH's favourite Disney restaurant. It offers a unique dining experience from the starry sky setting and 50's movies to the cars you sit in and the servers on roller skates. The food is lovely, our personal favourite dish is the Coca-Cola ribs. We prefer lunch to dinner as we enjoy the burgers and sandwiches on the lunchtime menu. Not a cheap meal, but certainly one you will remember and the servers are a lot of fun. Be sure to have an ADR for this one as it is very popular.
July 2005
Imagineer

Me, my mum and sister ate here on a Star Wars weekend day as a walk-up and were seated at one of the flying saucers which may have started us off on the wrong foot (the cars looked much more fun but we'd already waited an hour) The server was very friendly and I think she could sense we'd had a long and tiring day. She was fine with me ordering a child's mac n cheese meal as an adult though I did have an adult starter of soup which wasn't very nice. My mum liked her salmon but my sister didn't speak too positively of her meal (can't remember what it was though) I expected the atmosphere to be better but it just felt dark and dingy to me, probably wouldn't visit again or recommend it to others when there are other TS options in MGM.
June 2005
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [3] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [3]
Imagineer

Quality Disney fayre, mixed with retro seating in a cool movie set-esque local.

The food is usual fast-food standard, still good in comparison to other places. The novelity value soon wears off after 2 courses as the movie is just a selection of loud clips that repeat after 30 or 40 minutes.

The clips are too loud in places. We did have a problem where the staff mis-heard our drinks order and I ended up with iced tea! :-s

I would recommend this place just as a once off and to say you have done it.

April 2005
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [4] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

We had high expectations here, but left disappointed. The food was not up to much and very over-priced. We wouldn't bother again
October 2004
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [1] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [1] Overall Impression [1]
VIP Dibber

We has a great time when we went for a meal here. The cars you seat in made the night more fun and interesting for the children.
September 1996

Orlando Package Depot