Pinocchio Village Haus

Pinocchio Village Haus
Mrs. Potts' Cupboard

Mrs. Potts' Cupboard
Restaurants - Details & Reviews
Portobello Country Italian Trattoria

Portobello Country Italian Trattoria
Location Downtown Disney
Description Bathe in the sun-drenched atmosphere of the Mediterranean seaside. Bask in the airy waterfront ambience while enjoying savory, contemporary regional Italian dishes. Take pleasure in top-notch service and fresh coastal seafood, perfectly-prepared pasta, chicken, wood-burning oven-fired pizza and a tantalizing array of desserts. Top off your meal with a vintage selection from the award-winning wine list. It's magnifico!
Cuisine Italian
Meals Breakfast Lunch Dinner Character
Reservations Recommended
Price Range $20 - $35
Website disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/dining/diningDetail?id=PortobelloYachtClubDiningPage
Members Rating (4.3)

Search Page
Write a Review

Reviews from Members
Member Review
VIP Dibber

Against my better judgement we ate at Portobello during mid April - wish I hadn't bothered and gone to Olive Garden or Carrabbas instead. The food was school dinnerish at best -calamari starter was greasy, entree of pork chop was OK but the Chicken Parm was just basically awful (spaghetti was cold along with the serving plate) and a bill of over $90.

I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
April 2016
Cleanliness [3] Quality of Food [1] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [3] Overall Impression [2]
Apprentice Imagineer

After a noisy morning at Disney Quest and a wander around Downtown Disney, we had intended eating at T-Rex, but decided on Portobello as the 50 minute wait at the dino-restaurant was too much.

No wait for a table, and our server was very attentive. As time went on, we found her a bit *too* attentive and there were times when it would have been nice to be left alone rather than having to chat to her. That might sound a bit anti-social, but there's a limit to how much you want the server involved in your family meal and she exceeded it. One interesting thing was that she was delighted we weren't on DDP, stating it's a nightmare for their systems (although I suspect more because maybe the tips aren't so good from DDP diners because they assume they're included).

We had the calamari appetiser to share, which was easily big enough for four of us to nibble on. Mains were the Italian sub for DS11 and I, Vegetarian sandwich for DW, hot dog for DD7 and kids cheese pizza for DS5. The Italian subs were lightly toasted ciabatta, stuffed with pepperoni, salami and proscuito then topped with pickled veg. Vegi sub was the same bread with roasted peppers, mushrooms and goats cheese. Both served with fries. Mine was lovely and tasty, DW said hers was delicious too. DS11 was beat by about halfway through his sub. Little ones finished theirs, which is always a good sign. I tied a bite of the pizza and it was nice and tangy with a touch of garlic flavouring.

Drinks were a glass of Pinot for DW, I had a Bud Light, DS11 and DD7 had frozen lemonade with raspberry syrup and DS5 had coke.

Bill came to $80 without tip, which I felt was overpriced for what we'd had although given the location it was to be expected. It was a nostalgic trip for us as we ate there many years ago when it was the Portobello Yacht Club (at least I think it's the same place! ) but being perfectly honest I wouldn't go back. Nothing wrong with the food or service, except the over-involved waitress, but you can get food just as good for half the price elsewhere.
October 2013
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [4]
Excited about Disney

The location of this restaurant is great, in the heart of downtown disney. It has a really lovely Italian atmosphere that families and adults alike will enjoy however...

The service wasn't great, missing cutlery, long waits to order our drinks and bizarrely our mains were brought out before our starters had been finished!

Food was very delicious but absolutely huge portions.
October 2013
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [4] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [3] Overall Impression [2]
Apprentice Imagineer

Our favourite meal of our 2013 trip!
We had a lovely meal here and will be returning again.
We had pork as our main meal, husband had a chop and I had some loin. Both were exceptional - juicy and flavoursome dishes!
Also had fantastic deserts - although I cant actually remember what we had embarrassingly!
To finish off we had the fabulous illy coffee they serve here.
All in all, a lovely meal and great way to commence our SSR trip!
September 2013
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
Getting to know the DIBB

service here was appalling - so bad in fact that we walked out just afterbeing seated. our server took our order after we had waited an hour to beseated but was more interested in chatting to the girls at thenext table than bringing our drinks or placing our food order. just terrible experience all round
June 2013
Cleanliness [3] Quality of Food [3] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [3] Overall Impression [3]
Trying for More Ears

Dined here last week with dd - 11 years after Cirque de soleil. Shared a rice and mozarella started and then had spaghetti pomodor each - excellent food and greeast service
April 2013
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
Getting Excited

This was our first ADR when we stayed in Disney and we thoroughly enjoyed. The food was fantastic, so good that even my fussy wife enjoyed.lol. It is a busy place but well worth the wait. The staff were very helpful and were spot on with their recommendations.
August 2012
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
Trainee Dibber

Really lovely restaurant. There were 5 Adults and 3 children that had an evening meal and all meals were lovely. I had the black linguine with prawns and it was gorgeous! Lovely waiter - very attentive. It was my daughters birthday and they didnt mind us bringing our own cake and eating it there. Overall experience really good. Although very expensive in my opinion.
August 2011
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
Very Serious Dibber

We almost always eat here each time we come to Orlando and we have not had a bad experience yet. On our last visit the waiter was very friendly and offered to explain the menu to us and answer any queries that we had. The food was served without delay, was very good quality, good size portions, tasty and fresh.
May 2010
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

We dined here on Xmas Eve before heading off to Cirque . Our table had a veiw over the lake and we enjoyed a really excellent meal.The Fillet Steak was superb and we will definitley return.
December 2009
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [4] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

The service at this restaurant was excellent, took the time to explain the menu to us and make recommendations. However, I was really disappointed with the food, it wasn't what I expected. The portions were good but still expensive for what you get.
May 2009
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [3] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [4]