Mrs. Potts' Cupboard
Olivia's Cafe

Olivia's Cafe
Restaurants - Details & Reviews
Captain's Grille

Captain's Grille
Previous Name Yacht Club Galley
Location Yacht Club
Description Cast off for fabulous fare at this charming nautical-themed café that offers a hearty menu of American food that is perfect for land lubbers of all ages. Both a buffet and à la carte menu are offered for breakfast; choose from an à la carte menu for lunch and dinner.
Cuisine American
Meals Breakfast Lunch Dinner Character
Reservations Recommended
Price Range $10 - $20
Members Rating (4.3)

Search Page
Write a Review

Reviews from Members
Member Review
Imagineer

We had breakfast in the Captains Grille. It's nice enough. Quiet compared to Cape May Cafe in the Beach Club next door, no characters and I don't think the buffet is as good. It's just a bit nothing really compared to some of the other places you can eat so it's a bit of a waste of a dining credit on the DDP. Perhaps this is a bit harsh because there's nothing wrong with it and we love the Yacht and Beach Club but probably wouldn't go back to Captains Grille for breakfast.
June 2016
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [4] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [4]
VIP Dibber

A quieter choice for dinner if you are at Y and BC, steaks are always good as is the service. Usually easy to get ADR.
Edit - we a go couple of times each trip for the buffet breakfast and it never disappoints. Staff have always been lovely.
November 2015
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
VIP Dibber

Stumbled across this restaurant by accident almost. Was very happy that we did. Love the food and the service, and if you want a break from the hustle & bustle of Disney, it will also give you that. The prices were very reasonable and everybody rated it as one of their top 5 eats in Disney. Will be going back, is on our must do list now
January 2015
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

I think the friendliest servers in Disney work here, and that's saying something!
The breakfast buffet is the best on Disney, masses and masses of choice and endless replenishment, or you can have a table service breakfast also excellent. I had crab cakes benedict, first class, mom had smoked salmon and bagels also excellent. The tea is lukewarm but then it is everywhere else, too...*sigh* Our server did her best to get us water as hot as possible but apparently they have a regulated maximum temperature for hot water. I wish I could drink coffee. But they do bring you a selection of various herb teas also.
Evening meals are good too but the breakfast is the better option and then you can walk it off to Epcot!
May 2013
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

Have written a previous report 2 or 3 down.
So we ate here in Sept 2012 and we too send our meals back because they were stone cold. When they came back they were only luke warm, but as we were soo hungry we ate it.
Thought we would give then another try this January 2013, thinking all restaurants could have a bad night.
Once again the food came out luke warm, also my dh had swapped the potatoe option for french fries, his meal came out with Steak 10 fries and no vegtables. Upon asking to have the meals warmed up, we asked regards to the lack of fries and no vegtables and were told, if you substitute the potatoes then they automatically take all the veg off too !.
January 2013
Excited about Disney

Stayed at the Beach Club and had breakfast here numerous times over the two week holiday.. we tended to do the Beach Club Character, Kouzzinas and here..

Breakfast was good, the food was tasty and the staff were friendly.. we were on the DDDP and seemed to have endless supplies of Coffee and Chocolate milk for the kids.. Had reservations for breakfast but at 7.30ish in the mornings it was quiet.

Had one dinner here on the first night.. We were exhausted and didnt know how the dining plan worked.. Our oldest was 10 and she didnt want anything of the adults (using a dining credit) and we didnt realise that she could choose from the kids meal and they didnt explain that to us on the first day.. so they made her a pasta dish.. which was plain pasta in oil.. not overly nice.. However all the other meals were lovely.. and big enough that she could share mine!

So moral is.. on a dining plan.. you can use and adult credit but have a kids meal! :-)

Hope to eat there again in the 2013 trip!
March 2011
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [4] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

One of my favourite on-site breakfast places.

Firstly the buffet served here is identical to the one served in Cape May Cafe yet more than half the price but there again you're not paying for the characters. It's such a nice quiet alternative.

You can also have a la carte - we do this restaurant twice on each trip once to have the buffet and the other to have a la carte, DH has the Steak and Eggs which are very good and I will have the Captains Omlette - they used to Crab Cakes Benedict and that was good too so if it comes back on the menu get it!

The buffet though is the best priced on property and you can also ask your server to cook your eggs how you like them.
October 2010
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

Had a lovely meal here but our table was right under the air con and I kept getting dripped on. Moved seats and that solved the problem.

DH and I both had the NY strip steak which was delicious, this came with cheese and bacon mash and 'posh' carrots. We like our steak 'well done' and our steaks did not disappoint. I had hazlenut profiteroles for dessert, DH had triple chocolate cheesecake. Our DD had chicken noodle soup, chicken nuggets and ice-cream sundae. We were on the DDP.
September 2010
Imagineer

Another restaurant we returned to following our 2010 visit. In fact, we had two visits this time as DD really enjoyed her steak on the first visit, and we made the second booking whilst we were on-site at Disney.

On both occasions the food was very good, as was the service. It was a pity that on our second visit, our server was also dealing with a large party on an adjacent table who seemed to be making life hard for her!

On both occasions, DW and DD had the ribeye and I had the NY strip steak - all were cooked to perfection. We ahd a selection of the desserts on our two visits, and they were all fine.

Drink refills came without the need to ask, although on our second visit, both DD and DW found what looked like the paper wrappings from the straws at the bottom of their drinks - both drinks were replaced immediately with apologies from our server.

The restaurant didn't appear to be overcrowded, and we felt we could enjoy a relaxed meal before we ventured off to EPCOT to watch Illuminations. Will definitely return.

(August 2010) We ate here (on free DDP) and were very glad we made the decision.

We had a very short wait for our alloted reservation time, and we had an excellent server (Eric) who was extremely informative and also very quick at replenishing our drinks.

The food was very good - all three of us thoroughly enjoyed our visit, and we would have no hesitation in returning again.
August 2010
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [4] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

We were a little disappointed with this restaurant :-( the staff were not very friendly and the service wasn't brilliant. However I had the sea bass which was gorgeous but that was the only plus point of the meal sadly.
August 2009
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [3] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [2] Overall Impression [3]
Imagineer

I was a little apprehensive at eating here (despite having a good meal in 2007) since the restaurant became the 'Captains Grill' and some so-so reviews. However, food and service were how I remembered, very good. As a mid range restaurant (although Disney's mid range restaurants are very overpriced for what they are) it does it's job, good variety of food (usual sort of fare, steak/chicken, etc), service friendly and prompt. This is another of my must dos when I'm staying in the Epcot resort area.
May 2009
Imagineer

Oh my goodness -what a dreadful experience! Cold appetisers and main courses. I had the pork chop, was not asked how I wanted it and it arrived pink in the middle - pork! Dh ordered the steak which was all gristle and tough. The wine we ordered for the main courses did not arrive until we had finished examining the main courses and decided not to eat them! To be fair, they did apologise and did not deduct the meal from our DDP, which meant we could eat at the Yachtsman Steakhouse again!
January 2007
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [1] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [3] Overall Impression [2]
Imagineer

We loved the pork chop in a roasted mushroom sauce served with cauliflower mash so much that we went back two nights later for exactly the same thing. Cauliflower mash - imagine mashed potatoes with mashed cauliflower and cheddar cheese. However, it is the first and only time we have been asked how we would like our pork chop cooked. We always thought that pork should be cooked through.

The first night we went was a quiet night in the restaurant but the service was still a bit slow. The second night was a little more busy and the service was better.

We would certainly go again.
December 2006
Imagineer

We wandered into the Yacht Club Galley on one of our lazy days looking around the Boardwalk area. I had never heard of it but we liked the look of the lunch menu and decided to give it a go.The food was delicious and very reasonable. I had beef and barley broth (yummy) with a shrimp filled croissant. (huge!) Dd had beer battered fish and chips which was fresh and delicious. Ds had crab cakes which he loved too. We were all too full for dessert and at $33 this delicious food was an absolute steal!
August 2004
Imagineer

Went here on a last minute decision and didn't regret it - the service was lovely - very friendly and efficient - the food was tasty - I had the crab legs - hot and but not overcooked - my DH had steak and he said it was very good. The dessert was good too. would definitely visit again
January 1970
Cleanliness [1] Quality of Food [1] Location [1] Friendliness of Staff [1] Overall Impression [1]