Cletus’ Chicken Shack

Cletus’ Chicken Shack
Old Port Royale Food Court

Old Port Royale Food Court
Restaurants - Details & Reviews
The Artist's Palette

The Artist's Palette
Location Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort
Description This is classed as "quick Cassual" basically it is an upgraded food court. The seating area is a bit more upscale with modern art on the walls, and is open to the adjacent kitchen, food store and retail shop.

The kitchens at the Artist's Palette, serving as the "food court," offers something a bit different. Casual entrées in the $7-12 range are cooked to order in an open kitchen.
Cuisine Quick Service
Meals Breakfast Lunch Dinner Character
Reservations Not Required
Price Range Less than $10
Members Rating (4.1)

Search Page
Write a Review

Reviews from Members
Member Review
Proud to wear my Ears

Saratoga Springs is our go to resort and we love this quick service location. The daily specials are always nice and add a bit extra variety, ate here 5 times and 3 times for breakfast and never ate the same thing twice. Food was always well prepared and delicious.
Only negative is that during the breakfast rush hour it can be quite manic
October 2015
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
GEORGE

It was clean, plenty of seating but I food the food a bit disappointing. I was hoping for better counter service options than we had at Old Key West on a previous trip but nothing made me want to return. Cheeseburger flatbread was quite nice but I had a horrible buffalo chicken panini. I had seen the meatloaf on the menu and was expecting it like at Wolfgang Puck Express. It looked nasty. Potato chips instead of fries wasn't great. Breakfast wasn't too bad though.
May 2015
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [2] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [3] Overall Impression [3]
slightly serious Dibber

We stayed at SSR January 2013 and had both breakfast, lunch and dinner here.

The Bounty Platter for breakfast was excellent value - there was more than enough for 4 to share just 2 of these. It consisted of sausage, bacon, scrambled egg, mickey waffle and breakfast biscuit - yummy :-)

My only criticism was that the choice for lunch / dinner was not huge. The flatbreads / pizzas were again enough to share between 2.

The kids enjoyed doing some drawing whilst we waited for the food here :-)
January 2013
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [4]
VIP Dibber

We ate here a few times on our recent trip
The food is cooked fresh, you are given a buzzer and collect your food when it's ready
The choice of food is not massive and is not the usual burger/fries commonly found but fir us that is a bonus. Tha salads and sandwiches were very good.
The seating area was always very clean and we never struggled to find a table, it's a very pleasant seating area.
August 2012
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [4] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

I enjoy coming here for breakfast when I am staying at Saratoga Springs. They have a good selection for a counter service. Love the omlettes and the pastries - coffee is nescafe but it isn't bad, colder times of the year I have their hot chocolate.

One tiny thing that annoys me about this place is paying - you're filtering in with those that are paying for souveniers and the such like - I just wish we could pay at the end of a line rather than having to work out who is next in line on the other tills, just my opinion.
October 2010
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [4] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [4]
Getting Excited

We stayed at SSR so this was our 'local'. In Florida we never spend much time in the hotel, however, everytime we did go down there was lots of nice food on offer and we liked the fact that it wasn't a busy food court, but somewhere a bit more relaxing! The staff were all very friendly, especially when we first arrived and hadn't worked out the whole 'snack credit scenario'. If you're staying onsite then i think you're in luck. However, if you're not i don't think that i'd make a specialy trip just to go to this place as the food is nothing that you couldn't get elsewhere.
August 2010
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [4] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

Considering that Saratoga Springs is such a large resort, we were really disappointed with the extremely limited selection here. The food courts at the value resorts have a far superior choice. There were three types of flatbread, all of which were tasty, soup, salad, and a "chef's special" each day. However, there were only three "chef's specials" and every fourth day it was back to the first one. The deserts were sadly lacking in imagination; there were items like cookies and brownies but we did not see much else. Paying for the food took so long that on one occasion our order was ready before we had paid for it.

December 2006
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [3]