Intermission Food Court

Intermission Food Court
Chefs de France

Chefs de France
Restaurants - Details & Reviews
Raglan Road™ Irish Pub and Restaurant

Raglan Road™ Irish Pub and Restaurant
Location Downtown Disney : 1640 East Buena Vista Drive
Description A true slice of Ireland is on tap at Walt Disney World Resort with the opening of Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant at Downtown Disney.

Raglan Road features the very best of fresh, bistro-style Irish food, fine Irish beers and whiskies and live musical entertainment, all in an authentic and lively atmosphere.
Telephone 407 938 0300
Cuisine Other
Meals Breakfast Lunch Dinner Character
Reservations Recommended
Price Range $20 - $35
Website www.raglanroadirishpub.com
Members Rating (4.1)

Search Page
Write a Review

Reviews from Members
Member Review
Getting Excited

What a let down. I had a horrible meal here where I even had to send back a dish. I don't know if it was bad luck with what we ordered but it was such let down after hearing great things. What a pity as the singing was great and the servers were so kind!
October 2018
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [2] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [2]
VIP Dibber

The dancers were fab and we enjoyed the Irish style food. Atmosphere in here was great and we were sat at one of the high top tables so had a great view of the stage.
August 2018
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [4] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [4]
Apprentice Imagineer

Visited this restaurant on a Tuesday night 7.30. We we re told that there were no tables available in the main room and we wold have a hours wait if we did want a table her. We chose the option of the side room by the bar. We could here the music and the dancers, we were told the dancers would appear in the side rooms during the evening, this never happend. We were Grand mother, me and daughter 17. We ordered chicken wings to start, bot on the cool side but tasty. Maines Grandmother fish and chips, daughter and I steak. Myself and daughter enjoyed our mains steak done to perfection mash and veg great. Grandmother fish was awful all batter and running with grease, not what was expected. I did tell my mum that I would complaine but she said not to. So overall would I go back, no, the cost including 3 non alcoholic drinks was over $120 it was not worth it . Plus we were in and out within half an hour.
September 2017
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [3]
Imagineer

I was disappointed with this restaurant, maybe I had built myself up to expect something different. We were put on a table in the back room right behind a wall, couldn't see a thing. Food was nice but we felt very rushed. The dancers came on and we had to get up and stand near the stage to watch them and I felt a little awkward standing in front of others. I have wanted to eat here for ages, I've done that now, and probably won't bother going back.
September 2016
Cleanliness [3] Quality of Food [3] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [3] Overall Impression [3]
VIP Dibber

We had an enjoyable evening but was very busy. Our reservation was for 8:30pm to co incident with the dancing. There was a huge thunderstorm and the table didn't come free until gone 9:15pm - no dancing! Our table was next to the band so was quite noisy, but actually we all enjoyed our food. Don't go for a quiet night, but for a big night out its perfect.
July 2016
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [4]
VIP Dibber

We ate here before La Nouba, and the service was excellent. Staff friendly. Food good - big portions and we ate it all. Will go again.
Edit - we DID go again, several times and we always call into the bar too for a drink and a huge basket of their special fab fries.
November 2015
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
Proud to wear my Ears

As with the previous review, Raglan road was very very noisy when we were there. We had been before and expected it to be noisy but weren't quite prepared for the level it actually was. I had the braised beef for my main and I loved it however the others in the party weren't as impressed with their meals. The service was good but you could tell they were struggling with a full restaurant as it did take a while to get drinks etc. Overall though it's still a good place to visit
September 2015
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [4]
Excited about Disney

Poor service, average food, very forced atmosphere and as dark as eating in a hovell unless youre in the main room. By far the most disappointing eating experience on property
August 2014
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [1] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [1] Overall Impression [1]
Very Serious Dibber

Loved this place , it has a really nice feel about it. Went here on the 4th of July, sat at a high table at the back of the main room but with a great view of the stage. I had fish & chips the 1st time we ate here and curry on the 2nd , would recomment them both. Loved the irish dancing. Great experience .
July 2014
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
VIP Dibber

We must have been really unlucky on our booking. We were put right in a corner with 3 pillars in direct line blocking our view of the stage completely.

My steak was incincerated - and they stupidly worded their 'can we get you anything else' as if it was being offered on top of a replacement steak, so I found myself sitting there with no food at all for nearly 20 minutes! Obviously I wanted a replacement steak! I'd hardly eaten any of my chips - and they took them away as well.

I re-ordered the salmon and salad based on the ingredients listed - and when it arrived (at the same time as DD finished her burger dinner), the salad had lots of raw onion in it and tasted bitter and weird so I couldn't eat it!

Dessert sounded lovely on paper, but DD hated the lemon meringue as the meringue didn't seem to be cooked at all, and I had the pear and frangipane - and it was cold!

So, my dinner consisted of 3 bits of overcooked steak, about 5 chips, a piece of salmon and about half a slice of pear tart. Really not worth it.

I don't think we'd go there again.
February 2014
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [2] Location [2] Friendliness of Staff [3] Overall Impression [2]
Imagineer

We had an ADR booked, but it was quite busy so we had to wait. As we were called forward and were heading to a table another party appeared from nowhere and sat at it! The server looked a bit surprised but then took us to the other end of the restaurant to another table. The same thing happened again! he apologised and then ran towards another table so we followed and this table was just to the right hand side of the stage as you look at it. We finally sat down and ordered food etc. The food was nice, but it was a shame that we couldn't see any of the entertainment - we could just hear it! and it was really loud sat right next to it. We really wish that we'd been sat at the original table a the other end of the restaurant. I can't even remember what we had because all I remember is hearing loud clapping noises of shoes in my ear for an hour until we left.
We would return, but I would refuse a table behind the stage (although I think it would be a nice table for people that didn't mind it being really noisy).
November 2013
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [4] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [3]
Imagineer

Turned up no reservation for the Sunday brunch and didn't wait very long at all. We were a little hung over from the night previous and were really looking forward to the full Irish. I had the Bloody Mary, it has a Guinness top and was really nice. The full Irish says it has roasties on, but they're more like fried new potatoes, still very nice though. It's an expensive breakfast compared to what you can get at the likes of IHOP etc, but we really enjoyed it.
October 2013
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [4]
Trying for More Ears

This place is fantastic, we arrived over an hour late for our ADR but still was seated within 10 minutes. The steak was fabulous and the bread and butter is even better, but very big..be warned. The entertainment is really good, DD6 got took up onto the stage to do some jigging about, and the ladies dancing..oooh wow. Got caught a few times by DW, but hey whats a man to do. Theres a good choice of healthy food for the kids too, the shepards pie is very good and they both cleaned their plates. It will top of the list next time we go.
March 2013
Imagineer

We booked this for a sat night to coincide with some of the entertainment and really enjoyed the dancing and music. I had the burger and dunbrody kiss, boyf had fish and chips and creme brulee. The burger was the best I had in WDW. And I would go back just for the kiss dessert! Choc mouse, covered in choc, with more choc! Boyf liked the fish and chips, but wished he tried the lamb instead.
May 2012
VIP Dibber

We loved this place so much last year we went twice. It was the first ADR we booked this year and automatically booked for the beginning and end of our trip.Once again we werent disappointed. Great atmosphere, superb servicer and fantastic food and entertainment. We took the family this time and they all had a great time.
Cant praise it enough and will certainly be booking when we return next year.
Could I also say that I read a review of Cookes of Dublin here and was surprised it was so negative. DH and I ate here one lunch time and it was fine . Clean enough and the fish was super , great batter. We would def use Cooke's again too.
October 2011
Imagineer

Visited on a whim after a brief surf of dining reservations earlier in the day.

Due to booking being at 3pm there was no entertainment and the restaurant was quiet but not without atmosphere. Our server David was excellent friendly and attentive without hovering.

As to the food this was great. The soda bread with the guineas reduction was very , it was so tempting to eat it all but I am so glad I left space for my main course. Myself and DM had the fish and chips and these were a good size and very tasty. DF had "sod the stew" and raved about it. It was served with green beans which were in a savoury oil based marinade and absolutley to die for. I was offered one to try and probably stole half of them!

For pudding we shared the bread and butter pudding which was out of this world. David brought three separate plates for us to use which was a nice touch.

All in all it was a lovely relaxed meal with good food. I would recommend it to anyone.
September 2011
Very Serious Dibber

We had a wonderful meal here, dinner and a show one evening.
It had a great atmosphere, warm and friendly and lovely drinks!
The food was really nice, old fashioned homemade taste with a touch of elegance in the presentation.
We will be returning this year!
September 2011
Excited about Disney

Overall this restaurant was ok ish. The entertainment was good but the food was bland and overcooked. Our party ended up leaving with only a few mouthfuls eaten and hungry. Service was slow even though the place was not very full. Would not eat here again.
August 2011
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [2] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [3] Overall Impression [3]
Getting Excited

Nice looking restaurant with good entertainment during the meal. We visited at around 6:30pm and were treated to Irish dancing and traditional music. Our waiter was attentive and brilliant with our children.
Unfortunately the food was not good. The waiter recommended the seafood dish called 'It's not bleeding chowder'. It was incredibly salty to the point where I could not taste the seafood.
After eating about a quarter of the dish (I am not a fussy eater ! ) I literally could not take any more. I informed the waiter and he quite happily swapped this for a Ceasar salad. It may have been the high salt levels in the previous dish but this was the blandest Ceasar salad I have ever tasted.

My wife thought her meal was OK and my children did not rate their meal. Overall... great presentation and service but pretty average food.

July 2011
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [2] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [3]
Imagineer

loved it but no irish staff?

food was gorgeous and dh said perfect guinness
if going try the bread and butter pudding it is to die for
June 2011
Getting to know the DIBB

Had our evening meal here. My son loved the dancing but that could not make up for the food! My son opting for traditional cottage pie. However they had tried to make it too fancy for kids so he wouldnt eat it. My husband ordered slow cooked pork. Their idea of presentation was to bring it to the table still in the pan! I ordered lamb shank, which was delisious until I pulled a peice of paper from under the lamb about 1 by 2 inches. Needless to say everyone was apologetic, they didnt know how this could have happened, and my meal was replaced. But it put us all off what was already a bad meal. The only good thing was we werent charged for the meal. To be honest I think it was a cheek we were asked to pay for our drinks. Would never go here again!
May 2011
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [1] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [3] Overall Impression [1]
Imagineer

Lovely place but didnt think much of the food apart from the chips, they were very nice, i had fish kids had burgers and DH has steak in a whiskey glaze, we sat outside and had a couple of cocktails which was nice, may try it again and try something different
May 2011
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [3] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [4]
Getting to know the DIBB

WE ate here on a Sunday lunchtime. Food was excellent. I had the lobster and crab sandwich, my DH had the steak which he said was very good and our son had the fish and chips. Couldn't finish it all so no room for pud. Good service.
May 2011
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [4] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [4]
Apprentice Imagineer

We went here as a last resort, as we had tried a few other places and they were too busy. Although we enjoyed the food and entertainment, not sure if I would go back, not keen on themed establishments of this sort.
April 2011
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [3] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [3] Overall Impression [3]
Imagineer

We always have an enjoyable time at Raglan Road.
The bread pudding with butterscotch sauce is worth the trip alone.
November 2010
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [4] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

We booked an ADR for an early evening dining reservation - unfortunately we didn't realise that the live entertainment (during Oct any way) doesn't take place on the Sunday - so that was our first disappointment.

Second disappointment was the fact that, even tho we had an early booking, they'd already run out of items from the menu.

Third disappointment was our server - very surly individual whose eyes told a different story to her smile.

The food was ok, not brilliant and in all we were disappointed. Would we go again, yes, we would give it another go, but we'd make sure we'd booked for a night when the entertainment was on!
October 2010
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [4] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [3] Overall Impression [4]
VIP Dibber

It has become a bit of a tradition that we eat here at some point every holiday as we all love the food so much!

Last visit, we shared the Appetizers D'Lirrah, really liked the battered sausages but I personally wasn't keen on the the scallops, it was my first time trying them so maybe I need to give them another go.

My entree was Mammy's Roast Chicken with a side of colcannon. This was really tasty.

As yet, I still haven't managed a dessert but that will be fixed this year as we are on the DDP.

Unfortunately, no meal here has lived up to the colcannon soup I had here in 2007 which is the best thing I have ever eaten! Still have my fingers crossed they will have this again for me one day!
October 2010
Excited about Disney

We ate here twice during our stay as it has been a favourite restaurant of ours in the past and, once again, Raglan did not let us down! Both times we turned up in the evening with no reservation and were seated within 15-20 minutes (although there was only 2 of us so probably not that easy for a bigger party).
The food was excellent again and almost too much choice on the menu as everything is great! The music is lively and there is a great atmosphere. Will definately be eating there again on our next trip..
September 2010
Imagineer

Middle of the road, have eaten in better and worse.
Not a huge choice I thought,but the food was okay. Probably wouldn't eat here again as there are a lot better places to hoose in DD.
September 2010
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [3] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [3] Overall Impression [3]
Imagineer

This was our first time eating at Raglan Road and we turned up on a Saturday evening in August without an ADR wanting a table for 7. We waited about 30 minutes for a table which we were more than happy to do.
The soda bread with the honey dipping sauce was excellent. The majority of the party opted for the fish and chips again everyone enjoyed it although in one case the batter on the fish was slightly soggy!. I opted for the Flate Mate which is a flat bread with sausage, caramelized onion, tomatoes and Dubliner Cheddar Cheese on and again that was good. We also ordered sides which were in my opinion slightly expensive and had the onion rings and the Irish Chips.The music was loud but it all added to the atmosphere of the pub.
August 2010
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [4] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
Helping Donald

I have amended my previous review to reflect the 3rd visit here. 1st = 10/10, 2nd = 4/10, 3rd = 8/10. Service was good, we were early and got taken early. Service at table was great and the food this time was good too. Couldnt really fault it compared to the dismal 2nd visit I had before.
September 2009
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [4] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

There were 8 of us and we had booked in advance. Seated fine. Cocktails great, nice choice of wine as well. Food was fab, very tasty and filling, making a change to eat real food with veg ha ha. Shepherds pie was to die for. I really do wish that Disney would let you do your own tipping though. 18% it is now at most restaurants, when I can remember a few years ago 10-15% was fine. It does make quite a difference to your bill so bare that in mind.
August 2009
Very Serious Dibber

On our second visit, although the atmosphere was nice..

-We waited for over 30 minutes for our table, when we had already booked in advance, and were told by the reception that it would take "2 mins" to be seated.

-One of the meals had to be sent back because it was cold.

- The waitress cleared the dishes of all the other members of the party even though one of us had not finished eating.

A poor experience - we will not be returning to Raglan Road.
July 2009
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [1] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [1] Overall Impression [1]
Imagineer

We arrived early for our reservation and were seated right away. We absolutely loved the bread and oil that came while we were waiting for our food (Can't remember what was in it now). I loved the food - fish and chips were amazing, real chips - the entertainment was really good too, an irish band came on at 7pm and just after that an Irish Dancer jumped on top of the piano and did her stuff - a great atmosphere.
May 2009
Imagineer

This was the third time we had eaten here
and once again it turned out to be a lovely
meal.

I shared the dalkey duo to start which was
little battered sausages with a mustard dip,
they were gorgeous. The sausage and mash
I had for my mains was also delicious.

On each visit here the atmosphere has always
been great, although the staff are a little lack
lustre.
November 2008
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

After pizzas, ruffles, burgers, stick-like french fries and endless steaks, this is the place to go. It may be an Irish pub, but any Briton or Irish person would be welcome and feel at home here. The fish and chips is better than any Disney mockup or most chippies here in England. The staff are friendly, the atmosphere is fun and the settings are great. I very much enjoy the random Irish jokes CD playing in the gents, I guarantee these jokes will fly over our American cousin's heads! The prices were ok and the service was good. I thoroughly recommend this place to any Dibber who is missing home after 2 weeks of American feasting!
November 2007
Imagineer

We really enjoyed this place, food was great, everyone enjoyed, had some chicken dish, but can't remember what it was called, but really enjoyed it, was really busy but didn't wait at all to be seated and server was really good, very attentive. Would definetely come back
October 2007
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [3] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

We were really looking forward to eating at Raglan Road and to enjoying the entertainment. However there quite a few elements to the evening that left us wanting to get out and never go back. The food was of a high quality but that is about all that was. The entertainment was dire and al the diners who sat close by were exchanging glances and sticking their fingers in their ears as it was so loud and unentertaining .
The food portions were very small and dd who is a very small eater was still so hungry after her starter and main course that she had to have an extra portion of fries. The dessert was delicious and it was that that saved the evening. Added to all this it was August, the air con wasnt working properly and the waiter couldnt have been more rude if he tried. Other restaurants I would give a second chance but the evening was miserable and I found the surroundings so dark , it was depressing. By 9pm we had fled the building with our ears ringing for several hours after. This is not a restaurant I intend to go back to anytime soon.
August 2006
Cleanliness [3] Quality of Food [4] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [1] Overall Impression [1]
Very Serious Dibber

We decided to have our evening meal here one night. The service was poor, our side dishes arrived quite a while after the main course. Food was ok but certainly not good value or indeed quality, considering the price we paid,
August 2006
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [2] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [2] Overall Impression [1]