Fuddruckers
Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe
Princess Storybook Dining

Princess Storybook Dining
Restaurants - Details & Reviews

Yak & Yeti™ Local Food Cafes
Location Animal Kingdom - Asia
Description Outside of the grand house of one of Anadaupur's wealthiest merchants, some of the local villages have set-up a marketplace to offer food to travelers. The outdoor seating area is set amongst lush greenery, authentic artifacts, fountains and a sacred lingham stone river.

Type Counter - Full Meals
Cuisine American
Meals Breakfast Lunch Dinner Character
Reservations Not Required
Price Range $10 - $20
Members Rating (4.4)

Search Page
Write a Review

Reviews from Members
Member Review
Helping Mickey

Always return for the chicken fried rice, it’s delicious and a great quick snack. Only fault is there is sometime a lack in seating.
August 2019
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [5] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
slightly serious Dibber

This used to be our go to quick service at Animal Kingdom but on our last visit we wished we'd eaten elsewhere. The seating area was really messy and the iron seats in the sun were a bit bum-burning. There were also a LOT of birds around trying to get food off plates. Plates, that's my other problem. The food used to come in containers like the classic 'take out' you see on american TV but they have now moved to plastic plates. The food goes cold more quickly and allows the birds a much more free reign with left overs that have been abandoned on tables. Looking for somewhere else to try this year but that's not to say we'll never be back, I do love the Orange and Honey Sesame Chicken.
September 2018
Cleanliness [1] Quality of Food [4] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [3] Overall Impression [4]
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Having just returned from 2 weeks in Disney on the DDP this was one our favourite CS restaurants. Really good food and different to most of the usual CS options. Nice outdoor setting for tables too.
August 2016
Cleanliness [3] Quality of Food [3] Location [3] Friendliness of Staff [3] Overall Impression [3]
VIP Dibber

Fab counter service but always very busy and tables need grabbing as they empty. The food is good (and the fried rice is only a snack credit) - one of our must do's.
November 2015
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [5]
Proud to wear my Ears

We ate here during the lunch time rush. Food was good for theme park quick service however this restaurant suffered greatly from guests taking a table for their party so when you walked out with your food it was almost impossible to find a seat straight away and instead you ended up just walking around trying to spot someone that was about to get up.
In general though you come for the food and that was lovely (honey chicken & teriyaki beef)
September 2015
Cleanliness [3] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [4]
Trainee Dibber

I chose to eat here for the honey chicken and wasn't disappointed it was lovely and a nice change from burgers. OH chose a special which was chicken curry but he wasn't as keen on his as I was mine. I also got a pork egg roll which I was surprised to find we both loved. I would definitely eat here again, shame we didn't get the Chinese boxes with out food in though!
April 2015
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [5]
VIP Dibber

One of our fave QS restaurants, the honey chicken is scrummy, a great pitstop in Animal Kingdom
August 2014
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

Honey chicken was lovely and you get plenty of it too. It would be nice if there was somewhere airconditioned to sit and eat it but otherwise great value and delicious.
August 2014
Cleanliness [3] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [4]
VIP Dibber

We were looking forward to eating here after reading a lot of recommendations - and we weren't disappointed, either. I don't like onions and peppers, but I scooped these out of my sweet & sour chicken and wolfed down the rest: it was delicious. The chocolate mousse was surprisingly good, too. DD had the honeyed chicken, and while the chicken itself was nice, the rice was just too sickly to eat.

The trouble with most eating places at Animal Kingdom is that they're all outdoors with just a few sun umbrellas around for shade. Not much help when it's freezing cold, unfortunately.
February 2014
Cleanliness [3] Quality of Food [4] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [4]
VIP Dibber

We shared the Honey Chicken on our first day and this was delicious! Came in a takeaway container with rice and was well worth the cost of a dining plan credit. We had this with a bottle of water and a Minute Maid frozen lemonade which my daughter loved.

I would highly recommend eating a lunch here and would happily pay out of pocket.
September 2013
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Find this good value for money. The chicken sandwich was big and had a load of salad in it. Really enjoyed it. My daughters had the beef lo-mein and could not finish it because it was so big. They found it very tasty. The seating area is not very big and not sheltered if it rains or you want to get out of the sun but we would definately go back. A welcome change from burgers etc.
August 2013
Imagineer

We had Beef Lo Mein. Wow, the portions are massive and one would have seen both of us until breakfast! Really tasty and nice spaced out seating. There were some bugs hovering about, but it is Asia after all!
June 2012
Excited about Disney

We shared a sweet and sour chicken and rice, yummy for a midday snack! Good hot sauces available too! Wouldnt mind trying the sit down restaurant next time. Only downside is the seaating is a bit sparce and no under cover areas so when it rains your left with drenched tables and chairs
June 2012
Imagineer

Wasn't overly impressed with our food, beef lo mein was quite nice but honey chicken wasn't very good, wouldn't eat here again
May 2012
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [3] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [3]
VIP Dibber

Went here last year and loved it so it was top of the list this year. Once again we weren't disappointed. We prefer it to the more formal restaurant as we prefer the riverside setting outdoors. Quick efficient service with really good quality food. I love the orange chicken . Would certainly be on my list next visit !
September 2011
Imagineer

We had the honey chicken and beef in orange sauce, was super busy and took approx 25mins from start of queue to getting our food, was impressed with the packaging however I didn't like either of the two dishes at all I don't do spice very well and for me the beef was too spicy and the chicken had an odd unpleasent tang to the honey so DH eneded up eating most of both and I didn't bother with anything else. Sheer volume of people wanting to eat here made getting a table very difficult and it was approx 10 mins after getting our food to find a seat. Would I try Yak & Yeti again, a firm no!
June 2011
Cleanliness [3] Quality of Food [2] Location [4] Friendliness of Staff [3] Overall Impression [2]
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We had exactly the same food as we did when we went there in May 2009: honey chicken with rice and the sweet and sour pork with rice and both really enjoyed our food. Loved how it came in the traditional boxes. Quite a big portion inside the small looking box and it really filled us up. Great to have a change to the usual burgers/ chicken nuggets in other counter service restaurants.
October 2010
Cleanliness [5] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [5]
Serious Dibber

Good change to the usual theme park menu of burgers, fries, etc. Good portion sizes and remained busy throughout the day. Ok prices, as you would expect of a theme park. Would certainly go back
October 2010
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [4] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [5]
Excited about Disney

We had lunch here during our visit to Animal Kingdom and were pleasantly surprised. We had the honey chicken and beef dishes which came with rice and were really tasty. Totally agree that Disney should allow you to swap a side or starter for a dessert on the Dining Plan as we're not huge dessert fans either!
September 2010
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [4] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

This was a badly needed extension to lunch time eating at Animal Kingdom. We had great sweet and sour, with rice. Really tasty. Could be more shade around tables, as is in full sunshine at lunch time, which isn't ideal. Great prices and no disappointments. I wish you could have swapped a dessert for a side though, they never let you on the DDP and I don't know why. We are not big dessert eaters and would have loved an egg-roll instead of yet another choc. cake, which usually ends up in the bin. My daughter would have preferred fries with her burger as well, you have to buy this extra as it doesn't come with it on the children's menu.
August 2010
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

We eat here every visit to AK. The chicken fried rice is gorgeous, such a nice change from burgers. The fries and egg rolls are nice also. Only downside is the seating area gets busy and there wasn't many shaded areas to sit.
May 2010
slightly serious Dibber

Was really surprised by this place, ordered the sweet and sour chicken and absolutely loved it, nice change from burgers or hotdogs. Will be trying out the actual Yak & Yeti next year, also may come back one of of our many visits planned for next years holiday.
October 2009
Cleanliness [4] Quality of Food [5] Location [5] Friendliness of Staff [5] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

We shared a portion of egg rolls and a fried rice (both are snack credits on DDP). Both were really fresh and hot. This was a nice snack to tide us over before our ADR later in the day.
Lots of sauces to pour over our food (sweet chilli / soy / etc).

I bet this can get really hot in the summer though - no aircon.
October 2009