View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 17, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

ADRs and Daily Plans

First up, today is my double digit dance

We don't have that many ADRs this year as we're not on the dining plan and are going to be eating offsite quite a bit, as well as grabbing quick service meals and snacks. When we came to choose Disney restaurants that we wanted to eat at again, these were the ones we came up with as they've been very good in the past in our experience (some of them we've eaten at more than once.) We couldn't choose a Signature restaurant that we were all happy with after finding our old favourites (Jiko, Narcoossee's and California Grill) disappointing on our last visit, so we chose to try The Boathouse instead. Here's our list:

Raglan Road
House of Blues
The Boathouse
Tusker House (lunch)
Boma (breakfast and dinner)
Be Our Guest (lunch)
Crystal Palace (lunch)
Cinderella's Royal Table (breakfast)
Beaches and Cream (ice-cream)

I've heard Tusker House has gone downhill a bit lately which is a bit of a concern, but hopefully we won't find that to be the case as we've really enjoyed our last two visits there. I'm still a little tempted to book Hollywood & Vine as we really enjoy the lunch food there, so watch this space for potential tweaking!

Saturday 22nd April 2017
Our flight to Miami lands around 3.30 pm. Once we're done at the airport and have collected the car, we'll drive to South Beach and check into our hotel. We have a hot tub on our patio so the plan is to chill out there but we'd like to briefly check out the beach. Dinner at the Miami Bahama Breeze is a possibility but it may be too far. Need to do some research on this, and if BB is a no-go, I'll have a look at suitable restaurants for a quick dinner. We'll definitely be having an early night.

Sunday 23rd April 2017
I'm sure we'll be up early and we'll grab something quick to eat (research needed) before we set off on our drive to Orlando. The plan is to be there in time for an early lunch at Sweet Tomatoes...

...and to grab some bits from Super Target for room breakfasts. We'll check in at the Hard Rock Hotel and then make good use of our Unlimited Express passes at one of the parks. We're meeting our friends Sandra, Ed and James as mentioned previously and I think it will likely be Universal Studios rather than IoA to do some rides together. Then we're all going to have dinner together, probably at the Hard Rock Cafe. Another early night after dinner I should think; don't want to burn out too early.

Monday 24th April 2017
Breakfast in the room then we'll make use of the early hour (not sure which park it will be at yet). We'll either do a bit of both parks or focus on one today and the other tomorrow, depending on how we feel and how much we get done I suppose. Quick service lunch at either one of the parks or in CityWalk and the girls are keen to use the Hard Rock pool again (we pool hopped there in 2015 when we stayed at Portofino which Universal allow).

Then we'll take a walk to Portofino Bay for pizza at Sal's Market Deli which we'll eat on the pretty piazza there with a glass of wine.

[

Our evening doing that in 2015 was lovely so we're keen to repeat it. Depending on the time, we might pop back into one of the parks or have a wander around CityWalk before bed.

Tuesday 25th April 2017
Today we check out of the Hard Rock and move to Cabana Bay so we need to factor in time for that at some point in the morning. Not going to let it get in the way of our early hour at one of the parks though. We'll spend the morning at one of the / both parks, probably grabbing some lunch, and then when we're all done with them (this is the last day our tickets will be valid), we're heading to Disney Springs for a mooch and to collect our Disney tickets if this is a thing. We won't be getting Magic Bands until we check into the Boardwalk Villas on May 1st so we need to either collect paper tickets or buy some Magic Bands to use until then. Dinner is at Raglan Road at 7pm.

Wednesday 26th April 2017
We have a breakfast ADR at Boma at 7.30 am and then we're planning mini golf at either Fantasia Gardens or Winter Summerland. We're going back to Disney Springs in time for a quick service lunch and then we'll go back to Cabana Bay to use the pool. The plan is to have dinner at Margaritaville at CityWalk.

Thursday 27th April 2017
Magic Kingdom! No ADRs today. I'm hoping we'll take a break for lunch and head back up to Bahama Breeze at International Drive for lunch...

….and then the girls can have a swim. We'll head back to the park in the late afternoon / evening and have a quick service dinner there, probably at Columbia Harbor House.

Friday 28th April 2017
Breakfast will be either at the Cabana Bay food court or in the room. We're going to one of the Disney water parks this morning which is a first for us as a family (I visited Typhoon Lagoon as a child but haven't been back since then). We'll snack while we're there and then the plan is to take advantage of the Bahama Breeze happy hour at Lake Buena Vista (4pm - 7pm) for cheap appetisers and cocktails. Yum.

After that, we'll possibly visit Premium Outlets International Drive if we can be bothered to shop, or back to the hotel to chill out and so the girls can swim again.

Saturday 29th April 2017
Animal Kingdom today so it will be a quick breakfast in the room or at the park. We have Tusker House lunch booked at 11.15 am...

….and then when we're all done at DAK, we'll go back to the hotel for a swim and a quick dinner in the food court.

Sunday 30th April 2017
Our other potential water park day. We're planning to do whichever park we didn't do on Friday. If we're all done by lunch we might head off to Sweet Tomatoes, Bahama Breeze if we haven't made it there by this point, or Cheesecake Factory, although I'm guessing it might be too busy there being a weekend. We're planning another round of mini golf in the afternoon and then dinner is at The Boathouse at Disney Springs at 7pm.

Monday 1st May 2017
We're checking out of Cabana Bay today and checking in at Boardwalk Villas. Somehow I still want to make rope drop at Magic Kingdom. We have a Be our Guest ADR at 11.20 am.

We'll probably either leave for a break and to check out our new resort and the Boardwalk area, or we might head over to Epcot for a bit instead.

Tuesday 2nd May 2017
We'll walk to Epcot and probably take advantage of the Flower and Garden Festival kiosks / World Showcase food and drinks today. We have a Beaches and Cream ADR at 9pm for ice cream.

Wednesday 3rd May 2017
Walk to the Studios and head out in time for our 5.20 pm Boma ADR. We might head to Magic Kingdom or Disney Springs afterwards.

Thursday 4th May 2017
Magic Kingdom (no ADRs, just quick services today) and then possibly a walk to the Studios or Epcot, or just a swim.

Friday 5th May 2017
As a pre-birthday treat for Seren, we have Lilo and Stitch breakfast at O'hana at 7.35 am.

Then we're going to have a mooch around the monorail resorts and then maybe a round of golf before heading to Disney Springs for an early dinner at 5.30 pm at House of Blues.

Saturday 6th May 2017
Seren's 11th birthday. She wants to go to Magic Kingdom like we did for her 8th birthday in 2014. We've booked Cinderella's Royal Table for 7.55 am (her choice)...

...and then she wanted to do the Pirates' League, again like we did on her 8th birthday.

The girls are booked in there at 10.55 am and then we have linner (lunch / dinner) at Crystal Palace (Seren's choice) at 4 pm.

The bits in between will probably involve a few rides and maybe the parade.

Sunday 7th May
Our last full day. Back to Magic Kingdom with quick service breakfast (cinnamon roll) and then Be Our Guest at 11.55 am.

In the afternoon we'll possibly move to the Studios or Epcot depending on whether we feel we need to revisit either of them.

Monday 8th May
We have to drive back to Miami so possibly won't visit a park on going home day this year, however we don't have to be at the airport until 6.30 pm ish so we may pop into a park or Disney Springs and maybe stop somewhere in Orlando for a proper lunch first (one of our favourites like Bahama Breeze probably).

We also need to fit in a quick visit to the Florida Mall to visit American Girl at some point. I've left the last week or so fairly flexible so we can make changes and squeeze in things we've missed out or want to repeat.

Thanks as always for reading along .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List