View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DisDubs
Gone all Goofy

Day 12 - Seaworld & Independence Day

We were intentionally up at 6.00am this morning as we wanted to get to Seaworld as early as we could. We were predicting crowds everywhere today, so we had also agreed to an early dinner in the hope of avoiding the masses..!

Breakfast was a total photo fail and I also misplaced the receipt..! We can only blame the early start. DH had strawberry banana pancakes, I had a Pancake Combo – hash browns, eggs, bacon and two blueberry pancakes. I gave DS1 the bacon and shared one of the pancakes with DH. DS1 had a Pancake Combo with scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns and buttermilk pancakes. DS2 had toast with a side of sausages but hardly ate anything. He's really getting sick of them now... DS1 asked to swap his hash browns for bacon, but no swaps are allowed on the combos. I think it came to about $45 excluding tip.

Courtesy of Google Images

In Seaworld, we had three cookie ice cream sandwiches - $15.95 and DH had two free beers at 11.30am.

A tribute to Phil who points at pints..!

We were surprised at how few people were in SeaWorld this morning. By noon, we had done all of Sesame St, Wild Artic, Manta, Mako, Kraken twice and Journey to Atlantis. We decided to call it a day at about 1.00pm, as the crowds were beginning to arrive and it was really hot. We decided on an early dinner at Applebees.

To start, we had Taco Chips & Queso – fresh and delicious – we cleaned the bowl!

DH had the Whiskey Bacon Burger with fries, DS1 had a half slab of ribs with fries, DS2 had chicken and cheese quesadillas with fries and I had the grilled chicken breast with mashed potato and broccoli. DS1 also got a side of broccoli, but gave it to me. His meal came with a choice of two sides, but other than fries, there was nothing he liked the look of. DH said the burger was really nice. DS2 actually ate today, so it must have been good and I enjoyed simple food with vegetables..! The restaurant was more than half empty and lovely and cool. We were surprised - I think we were expecting everywhere to be heaving due to the holiday. Our server was friendly and efficient and was also acting as bar tender as well. Good quality food – we'd go back. Total $68.71 excluding tip.

After dinner, there were one or two shops we wanted to head back to. We also wanted to get a few things in Publix for our 4th of July evening at home. After the shops we headed to Twistee Treats for an ice-cream as we had passed on desert in Applebees. We had a Chocolate milkshake (DH), a Brownie Boat (DS2), a Reeces Cup Vanilla Twirl (DS1) and a Strawberry Waffle Cone with Nuts (me). Cost - €19.04. Great value in comparison to the ice-cream sandwiches we'd picked up in the supermarkets and parks. We really enjoyed these but DH said the milkshake wasn't as good as Steak n Shake. A quick tip – buy a tub not a cone. It was so hot my ice cream was melting faster than I could eat it and all the toppings were falling off! We'd definitely visit again.

Back in the villa, we decided to enjoy our last evening by the pool, as we thought everywhere would be rammed. We had a cooked chicken with hoagie style rolls, followed by Key Lime pie. We picked these up in Publix earlier - $20.79.

(Yes, we ate it all )

We sat by the pool enjoying a few beverages, listening to, and watching the weapons grade fireworks going off all around us..! It was an amazing experience and must have gone on for at least two hours. A great last day..

Total food spends today - $169.49
Overall food spends - £36.26 and $1,385.88
DisDubs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List