Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Monday 10th September
We had and early start 6.15 pickup for a trip to St Augustine
We headed to All star Music where we filled our mugs for the journey.
We had a 2.5 hour journey along the coast. We spent 6 hours in the town visiting the sights.
We had our sandwiches and crisps around midday. These were Ok 6/10. Later in the afternoon we dropped into an ice cream parlour for milkshakes and water. This was $15 for the milkshakes and $2 for the water

DD had been to Epcot and had kids meal chicken nuggets at electric Umbrella with a coke 6/10 as there were only 2 nuggets

She also had another iced caramel latte

We were back in Orlando by 6.45 and took the bus from All Star Music to MK to meet DD
We headed over to Pecos Bills for dinner, DH and I shared the fajita platter and DD had beef nachos . The fixing bar was very poor today and they don’t do Guacamole anymore !. We had water and fountain drinks. The staff in here were particularly miserable today 6/10

We were all fairly exhausted and went back to the room after dinner.

Stats for 10th September
13353 6.8 miles 3 floors
92 degrees F
3 QS 1 snack

Total remaining
65QS 79 snacks

Tuesday 11th September
So today we were up early again
We were booked onto the DestiNations tour and had to be at Epcot for 8.15. We were concerned that the buses may be scarce. No issues we only waited a short while at the bus stop and got to Epcot before 8.00. Great start until DH realizes he hasn’t got his magic band. No time to go back but I am pretty sure we’ll be ok and be able to explain. DD used her initiative and went to the kiosk where a nice CM provided her with a temporary card for him. Crisis averted
Enjoyed this tour especially the first few hours in world showcase without any of the public. Lunch was included at The Rose and Crown at around 11.30
Starter –scotch egg – with salad cream! 7/10

leek and potato soup for DD 5/10 sorry no photo
I had sausages which were very rich 6/10

DH had shepherds pie which he liked 7/10

DD had fish and chips – fish was baked 7/10

Sticky toffee pudding which we were given to share between 4 . 8/10

Part of the DestinNations package is a place in the VIP viewing area in Venice to watch Illuminations. We went back to CBR and went to the pool returning later in the evening to do some fast passes F&W and then watch the show.
chicken korma 10/10

Berbere style beef tenderloin tips 7/10 too spicy for DD

Spanish Chicken and chorizo paella 9/10

The viewing area was great and I am pleased we had such a good view; as we won’t see Illuminations again before it finishes next year. DD had an American dream during the show. She says it was lovely 8/10

Afterwards we headed to L’Artisan de Glace
Candied peanut and peanut butter sauce ice cream and vanilla ice cream 8/10

DD had a strawberry macaron sandwich with vanilla ice cream 10/10

We walked around to Norway and picked up a sweet pretzel with almonds which we shared for breakfast next day. 5/10

Back to the resort for my hot chocolate

Stats for 11th September
19836 9.5 miles 3 floors
93 degrees F
1 Qs for ice creams 5 snacks
Total remaining
64 QS 74 snacks

Wednesday 12th September
Breakfast in the room as previous days
We had Typhoon Lagoon on our itinerary but no one felt like doing this. We went to DS and then took an Uber to international drive outlets. We returned and had a late lunch at Blaze DH and I shared a pizza and side salad. We had one fountain drink and water.

We returned to CBR to rest and then DH and I went out to HS to Toy Story land for our fast passes. It was raining a little this evening but was still very hot. We weren’t sure where to eat, as the menu at Woody’s lunch box did not really appeal. We did end up ordering the BBQ brisket melt from there, which came with a small vegetable macaroni salad and a fountain drink.

We shared this. We were surprised by how good it was; the bread was lightly grilled but must have been buttered first as it was slightly oily rather than dry, a bit like fried bread. The macaroni salad was nice but a little too chilled. We would definitely have again 8/10
We stayed to watch the projection show and had an ice cream from Hollywood scoops whilst we were waiting. 9/10 I love this ice cream.

Back to the room for more hot chocolate

Stats for 12th September
19460 9.1 miles 2 floors
93 degrees F
3QS 3 snacks
Total remaining
61 QS 71 snacks

Thursday 13th September
DH’s Birthday started with cereal, fruit and tea
Given a Mickey mousse from Amorette’s instead of a birthday cake

We took our refillable mugs and did a circuit of the monorail hotels. First stop was the Polynesian where we filled our mugs and looked around the resort and shops. We went on to Grand Floridian and looked in Gasparilla grill but didn’t fancy anything on the menu. Filled our cups and took the boat to MK. From here we took the bus to Art of Animation.
We went to Landscape of flavours for lunch.
DH had the Asian chicken bowl7/10

I had tandoori boneless chicken thighs 7/10 I found this a little greasy and lacking flavour but the sprouts were lovely!

DD had the allergy grilled chicken sandwich 9/10 unfortunately DD wasn’t feeling well but still enjoyed this

We also swapped drinks for gelato
Pistachio 6/10 and Raspberry 7/10

Nutella 9/10 but didn’t finish this

Back to hotel and then out to MK in pm
We had plaza ice cream’s and iced water from Casey’s. We used 1 QS credit. All 9/10 although the brownie sundae was very rich.

We stayed to watch HEA
Back at hotel by 11 pm we filled our mugs and went to bed

Stats for 13th September

14100 steps 6.4 miles 6 floors
96 degrees F
4 QS
Total remaining
57 QS 71 snacks

Edited at 08:48 PM.
rosiebun3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List