Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 4
15th to 17th added

Saturday 15th September
We were supposed to be at AK for EMH but as we had done all the things we wanted decided to have a leisurely start with cereal and fruit in the room.
We got to AK before our FOP fast pass expired. We picked up drinks at Starbucks on the way out for DD and DH I had water
From here we took the bus to AK lodge as we wanted to look around the resort. Very impressive but not sure I would want to stay here as it is quite a ride to the other parks
We decided on a QS lunch at the Mara, which did take us a little while to find. We all ordered an entrée and dessert and had water to drink
DH had the African stew; potjie with rice he enjoyed this saying it was nicely spiced with lots of veg and meat and a banana. 8.5/10

I had the Mara Chicken salad, this was nice with very tasty chicken and lots of different textures 8/10

I had this cupcake for dessert, it was vile 2/10

DD had more allergy chicken tenders 8/10

And a box of allergy zebra domes which she ate later in the room 10/10 !

The restaurant was quite dark and cramped but the food was good.
It was another very hot day so we went back to the resort to swim.

Later we went to MK to play sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. Don’t think I really understood this as it didn’t appear to matter which cards you put together.
Headed back to the resort and we had the buffet in the tent
A few picture from our selections

Stats for 15th
21209 9.9 miles 5 floors
94 degrees F
6 QS 2 Snacks

Total remaining
46 QS 67 snacks

Sunday 16th September

DH wanted to stay at resort to watch the F1, so DD and I went to DS to do the Toy Story Land rides she missed on the 12th
It was another hot day so rather than Starbucks we got cups of water.
DH met us around 11.30 and we decided to go on to DS for lunch at Wolfgang pucks
DD struggles to find anything she can eat here as she didn’t want gluten free pizza again. She opted for the chicken Caesar salad without croutons but really didn’t eat much of it and said the dressing was over powering. 3/10

I had the Chicken Alfredo which I normally love but this was lacking in sauce and not as goof as usual. 7/10

DH was very happy with his meatloaf and mash 9/10

We all had fountain drinks and then headed back to CBR to rest.

Later we went to Epcot for more F&W tasting. We started at the chocolate studios choosing the liquid nitro chocolate almond truffle. This was frozen solid and took a while to be able to eat this. Just a glorified chocolate ice cream really 6/10

DD met us a little later and we picked up our normal Starbucks, iced caramel latte, vanilla bean Frappuccino and chocolate chip Frappuccino for 1 QS

We then went on to the Canada kiosk for the beef Filet Mignon 9/10 this was lovely and very tender

We wandered on but nothing else appealed so we had another ice cream at L’Artisan des glaces same flavours as before as they were good 8/10 1 QS
I only seem to have a photo of the DD ‘s macaron which was as good as previously 9/10

Stats for 16th

19654 steps 9.2 miles
95 degrees F
5 QS credits 2 snacks
Total remaining
41 QS 65 snacks

Monday 17th September

This was our last visit to AK of the holiday. After cereal, fruit and tea we were there in time for our FOP fast pass at 9.00. DH sat this out and sat outside Satuli canteen to wait for us
We wandered around to see the gorillas and tigers ending up near Drinkwallah in Asia and had 2 frozen lemonades and 1 frozen blue raspberry 3 snacks. These were not very nice and I didn’t finish mine 5/10

We were too early for Yak and Yeti so walked around Dinoland arriving in time for the first Nemo show. DD loves this show
After the show we walked back to Satuli canteen to try the protein bowls
I had combination of chicken and beef on red and sweet potato hash with vegetable slaw and creamy herb dressing. Really enjoyed this 8/10 I think I made the best choice of base
DH had combination bowl with mixed grain and rice with the black bean dressing 7.5 /10 and DD had the beef with mixed grains and herb dressing. DD did not like this 5/10

We headed back to CBR for more time in the pool
Out to MK for the evening we ended up at Columbia Harbour house as DD hadn’t eaten much at lunch.
DD had the allergy chicken tenders (she says these were the best at any park) 9/10

I had the salmon (sorry I started eating before taking photo) this was very good. Well cooked and flavourful 8.5/10 The green beans were meh, 4/10

They were already cold when we picked them up. DH had chicken and fish 7.5/10

We had orange juice to drink tonight and DD had coke.
Didn’t stay for HEA and headed back to CBR for more hot chocolate

Stats for 17th
22288 steps 10.6 miles 4 floors
94 degrees F
6 QS and 3 snacks

Total remaining
35 QS and 62 snacks

Edited at 08:53 PM.
rosiebun3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List