View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile Mini review of Be Our Guest August 2019

So being a good dibber I booked both breakfast and lunch here 180 days out.

Our breakfast was on Monday 5/8/19 at 8am

We had pre-ordered. We waited 15 minutes at our table, no food. Attracted a server's attention and she brought our food Straight away.

Unfortunately the feast a la gaston and the open faced croissant sandwiches were stone cold.

Another server took them away. When they came back the croissant was just about acceptable but the feast had no potatoes on it. Back it went again.

Meantime Dd2 had eaten her donut and enjoyed it. DH was so hungry he had eaten the bran muffin and DD1 had gone outside to line up for SDMT.

The grapes were OK in the fruit but the melon was pretty cabbagy so that got left.

Oh, and DH enjoyed a mimosa and my bellini on an empty stomach at 8.30am so he was happy enough.

If I had been paying real money for this the manager would have been called but as a dining plan novelty I suppose it was just about OK.

We were at the back of the line for sdmt but still walked on so at least that purpose was fulfilled.

Lunch was on the Saturday at 11.30 and was a better experience. DH I pre-ordered the beef sandwich. DD1 the crocque monsieur and we paid oop for DD2's onion soup.

We were served quickly. DD1 enjoyed her sandwich. The 2 French dips went back because the fries were cold.

I would have sent mine back again as the gravy was cold but then I thought maybe it was supposed to be like that.

The beef and the bread were OK. Could have done with a good dollop of Colman's English mustard. DH and I should have subbed one lot of fries for a salad and it would have been nicer. A kid on the next table had a nice looking slice of tomato that he had put on a napkin next to his plate. I had all on not to lean over and pinch it.

It was all pleasantly disappointing.

The best thing by far was the glass of cabernet I had. Best glass of wine so far - although at $16 a pop it ought to be.

We had a few cups of cold drinks and enjoyed a sit down so as a Qs meal it was OK.

Rating : Nice surroundings but don't pay real money 5/10
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List