View Single Post
Old 6 Oct 14, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
cazspence
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
ok so from what I can work out you can do 3 things.

1 - nothing - TWDC will then buy your shares at EUR1 and you will lose 1/3 of the value

2 - sell the shares to TWDC for 1.25 then buy 9X your holding for 1.25 and sell the whole lot back to TWDC - works out you get 3.50 for the shares you already hold.

3 Sell your shares and buy 9x as above, then hold onto them... This is the risky part- the census seems to be at some stage in the future TWDC will buy up all remaining shares- at what rate no one knows, and most people would have to pay out a few hundered £££ to buy the shares.

I get the feeling most people will do option 2- which is what they want as they no longer want small investors.

Does anyone else think this is correct?

No my financial advisor informs me that you cannot sell your shares first. You have to hold them and then add the 9 per share. Eg 100 would then hold 1000 as they need to buy 9:1 ratio. Only then can you sell back to and that it is NOT forced buyback. It says that clearly on the corporate website.

Edited at 05:43 PM.
cazspence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List