View Single Post
Old 28 Aug 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Andy C
Imagineer

The Quest For Toad - The No Queues Trip 2019 - Day 4, Hollywood Studios - No Toad, but great, anyway

I keep going on about us missing Denny's breakfasts when we're at home. I don’t know why – and when we’re out in Florida, we do tire of it before the end of the holiday – but getting up and going to Denny’s very early for breakfast in the early morning cool air, eating a slap up breakfast to fuel up for the day, and emerging into the hot mugginess to get to whichever park is on the schedule today before it opens – that’s just associated with Orlando holidays for us.

Saturday, and we got to Hollywood Studios bright and early. THE PLAN always involves diving onto a headliner first up before the queues, and then the less subscribed ones, with fastpasses starting around 11.00.

Earlier than that, and they’re possibly not necessary, especially in late August when the American kids are already back at school. And the earlier you use them up after 11.00, the sooner you can start grabbing more.

Straight down to Tower of Terror. We didn’t expect The Lad to get onto it, but he did enjoy the queue, and we Childswapped on the ride.

And from there, to Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy, which he did want to be in, and thoroughly enjoyed. The animatronics on the car in the middle were amazing – it really did feel alive. Massive grins from The Lad – and the rest of us. Seating was a bit uncomfortable, mind you.

We then went to scope out Toy Story Land and got a DAS return time for Slinky Dog Dash (this should be a great introductory coaster for the Toy-Story-obsessed Lad. The Army Soldiers came through as we were there:

And the queue for Toy Story Mania was short enough to dart onto it, because so many people were queueing over at Slinky Dog Dash!

Woody and Jesse came by

And the Lad met Mr Frozone on the way back into the rest of Hollywood Studio

We went onto Star Tours for our first FastPass. I do think it’s a little rougher or possibly the images are a little disjointed from the movements these days? Otherwise it’s just me ageing and maing me more vulnerable to motion sickness, which is a hypothesis I’m not prepared to accept…

(To be fair, the others all thought the same)
MuppetVision 4D was on, and that was a big success. Some ice creams and we saunter over to Beauty and the Beast on stage – and get there just as the heavens opened. Perfect timing to be under cover!

We then got a message that Slinky Dog Dash was down and we had a free FastPass to use on anything else. Given that we all loved Toy Story Mania, and despite the fact we already had a FastPass on TSM, we decided that would be the one. Back over to Toy Story Mania, and then to Indiana Jones.

We did search for any Toad stuffed toys throughout the day, but to no avail in the Park.

We also got to go on Rock and Roller Coaster a couple of times, using ChildSwap once, and then getting to go on again just out of low queues (we even managed to get on the same seats again, just because we could).

And we all had an enjoyable wander about as well. Enjoying the theming and the atmosphere

After an exhaustingly great day, we decided to take in Denny’s for dinner as well. A wander around another gift shop place (I'm sure we'll find a Toad soon... Nope ☹ )

Still, an excellent day, and THE PLAN is holding up astonishingly well so far.

Tomorrow to Animal Kingdom!
Andy C is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List