View Single Post
Old 11 Mar 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

I haven't stayed at All Star Sports but most of the resorts have buses starting 1h prior to park opening (I think!). However, I think that you are close to the skyliner which will make getting to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios easier.

We don't do rollercoasters but instead I do a list of the ones that we must go on and look at the busy day guide, then I try and book fast passes around that. Be aware of height restrictions with kids, sometimes it isn't clear. You can book restaurants before your fast pass date so you may want to see if you can coordinate the two.

Honestly, we never make it to all the fast passes that I book - either due to poor planning or we decide that the parks are too busy for us. Just focus on a few things that you really want to do and then go with the flow on the rest. Don't forget that there is a lot more than the parks at Disney. We've spent a lovely few days riding the skyliner (and I'm afraid of heights, to put it in perspective) and the friendship boats to see what's going on at the other resorts.

As for rollercoasters - if you are as much of a chicken as I am then try Barnstormer in Magic Kingdom first. It is over quickly but I screamed the whole way down (unfortunately my son loves it so I had to go on it again). The Avatar ride (Flight of Passage) is OK, but I kept my eyes shut for most of it. For that one you are fairly well held in and you won't fall off it. Soarin is OK as well, but I put the extra strap between my legs (as you do for kids) to give me a bit more reassurance. There are some rides that I will not do! If you enjoy Barnstormer, then I think that the next "tame" one would be Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, but I haven't done that one so others will need to confirm, then Big Thunder Mountain (I have done that one, needed a brandy and a sit down afterwards).

Edited at 08:41 AM.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List