View Single Post
Old 24 Apr 14, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I LOVE WEDDING PLANNING!

I possibly love it a little too much and at the expense of work I should probably be doing but it's all good! Surely every newly engaged girl is like this

I get like this with Disney holidays though. Once I know what I want, I want to book like RIGHT NOW. Even though Neil and I haven't actually looked at any venues yet.

But we both (me especially) are excited by the new possibility shaping up for our wedding.

The Fleece, previously thought out of budget, have offered us a 15% discount if we have our wedding in October or November. So we have been thinking about how to make a wedding in October or November fun... the answer: BONFIRE NIGHT!

We LOVE this venue. I mean, really LOVE this venue. As previously mentioned, we went to a wedding here a couple of weekends ago and it was stunning. The food was FIT and the views were spectacular (even though the weather was crap!) It's a great pub, very Yorkshire AND it's local so no-one would need to stay over anywhere, except for a few friends coming up from London but we could house those with family and friends

Dressed for a wedding:

Terrace where people could wrap up and watch the fireworks over the valley. Living in this area, I know that there are loads of displays that you can see from this aspect:

It is still pricey but certainly doable!

Then there was where to actually get married as the Fleece isn't licensed for Civil Ceremonies.

BUT, there is a nice function room about ten minutes drive away from here that will let us get married there for £200. A snip by comparison to a lot of places, trust me! It is v classy. This is the room that they will let us book for sure:

There is another that I wanted more and that seats more people but they said that they wouldn't let us book that unless there was an evening function booked in the meantime. But if there is then we can have it It's next door to this building.

They have also said that they can open the bar whilst we are having photographs taken!

We could maybe get one of those buses to transport people from A to B. Or just book and pay for taxis. Not fussed really.

But yeah, I'm loving this at the moment and I want to book

Currently waiting to hear from the Fleece to see if we can actually have it on Bonfire night but Bertie's (civil ceremony place) have said we can get married there

I've also got a few ideas on how much fun we can have with this theme. From my Pinterest board:

And I definitely want these on mine and my sister's bouquets:

I love the fur shrugs on these bridesmaids:

But the colour of the bridesmaids at the top of this image:

Also love these cupcakes, but don't know how expensive cupcakes are by comparison with a cake. I quite like some of the ones in M&S which are only like £200!

But I could put these in cupcakes:

And no-one does cupcakes better than my Mum... way to save money maybe?

Anyway, those are the ideas so far. I have also thought I might want a light gold/champagne coloured wedding dress which I think would look quite nice with my hair being the colour it is. I love the ones with ruched skirts like Belle's ballgown

TBC below for Florida updates.

Edited at 04:47 PM.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List