Old 5 Aug 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
my advice would be to go for "plan B" for the weeks you were supposed to be in the US. Maybe you already did. Because living in that bubble is somewhat comforting (I've been there, I'm not gonna lie) but having something to plan and look forward to is also satisfying.

Like many who've seen their holiday cancelled, I'm now entering the phase of "at this moment, I should have finished double checking the bags", "at this moment, I should have been loading the car" ... and I know I'll be "right now, we should have been walking down the jetway" ... I'm just sharing that point of view (that is only my own) : If tomorrow is not happening, what can I make of today.
We were thinking about a plan B as I now work in a school and they reluctantly gave me the time off for this trip I don't think they'll allow me to change the destination but we have looked at doing a staycation with some family members in the October half term and we've booked a week in Anaheim in February 2021 and we've booked 2 weeks in Disney World in July 2021 so if all else fails we'll hopefully be going away to Disneyland CA in 191 days with the trip to WDW then 163 days behind that

Thats the bit I'm dreading I'm really not looking forward to knowing that this is the day we should be going to the Hilton or thats the day we should be at Epcot! It really sucks that 'Rona had to happen and we haven't yet been able to contain it. I just wish it would suddenly disappear like SARs did!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List