View Single Post
Old 10 Sep 21, 06:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m so sorry this has happened to your mum and I hope she listens to everything you’ve said to her.

My dad was conned by some so called workmen saying he needed work doing on the extension flat roof.
I can’t remember exactly how much it was but it was a good few hundred.
I told him if anyone came knocking the door to tell them I dealt with all repairs which he agreed to do but I went there a couple of days later and there was a man in the living room who was selling tickets for some prize draw and my dad was handing over £20.
The worst though was a woman who was my mums carer (employed by the local council)and after my mum passed away she carried on visiting my dad and he handed over at least £8,000 to her.
It was only when neighbours told me she was still visiting that I found out she was still going there.
It took me some time to find out what was going on and I could only do something when my dad let it slip he was paying for a holiday for her that I was able to do something about it.