View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 21, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Back home from taking DS to Birmingham. His accommodation on the Vale is lovely and his flat mates seem really nice. We stayed over as he went to the football yesterday with DH and then we met up for food and drinks.

Saying goodbye this morning was hard and there were quite a few tears on the way home. He’s fine but the house is very quiet and it’s going to take some time to get used to just being the two of us.
I feel your pain. We dropped DS at Bournemouth (Poole halls) yesterday, made his room nice, settled him in & took him out for dinner (we didn’t arrive at Poole until 3pm due to distance from home). DH & I stayed overnight in a local cheap (but v nice) guest house by the Quay. This morning we took him to ‘Spoons for breakfast & then to Aldi for 1st shop (as we didn’t get time yesterday). I could tell DS was feeling v overwhelmed yesterday (despite initial excitement). Didn’t help that he couldn’t get his Xbox to link with Wifi (although no problem with laptop & phone). I was a blubbering mess on & off most of the way home. He has messaged to say he’s been out & about exploring, and has planned to join local gym (he usually goes every day at home), so hoping this will help with home-sickness.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List