View Single Post
Old 25 Oct 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Villa owners. A feedback question. Updated #50 & #51

Dear owners.

I booked a place on Airbnb that fell far short of the advertised listing. The furniture in the photographs was all gone and replaced by tatty and mismatched items. Even the curtains had been stripped. That was very disappointing but more seriously In my opinion it was unclean, unsafe and un secure. I must add It was not a Dibb villa.

I messaged the host immediately on arrival who declined to reply to several messages and when I advised a few days later that I would be posting an honest review on Airbnb simply said “ we love the place”, sorry you didn’t”.

I did leave a review on the site detailing the issues and sent extensive photographs to the host and Airbnb prior to doing so. We left and booked into a hotel

Airbnb refunded me and concluded it was a “ terrible experience” . Their words not mine.

The owner has now responded and left me a negative review advising other hosts to be wary of having me as a guest.

Airbnb have said I should make a counter review.

I feel very strongly people should see what we encountered and have made my photos into a slide show and intended to put it in a video on YouTube.

I was going to suggest in my counter review that people view it before they book.

Before I act in haste, and recognising that I am very angry, I wanted to sense check this with you as owners.

Attached is a sample ... and by no means the worst. I’m not sure I can bring myself to show you the actual toilet.

I’m fully aware of the risks on using Airbnb so not after a debate on pros and cons. They responded quickly and have been good. We had a stay earlier in the holiday elsewhere with Airbnb that was fantastic.

My issue is the owners response and that this listing is still being looked at by other people and it depicts an entirely different version of what was encountered. Plus, I am aggrieved at it being suggested I am a bad guest for complaining. There has been no acceptance at all of the photos sent or issues raised.

Your balanced views as owners, who will have seen both sides of complaints, would be most appreciated.

I should add. The fee was over $200 a night for a “beautiful home”

Do I go ahead as I planned or let it go and move on?

Edited at 08:28 AM.
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List