View Single Post
Old 1 Apr 11, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Hi Liz,

Well done on your 2lbs loss. Its great news that you are feeling thinner and are smoothing out - you definatley deserve to feel like that! know you wish it was more but your body shape and inches are so important, like you've said to me many times, people can weigh more than they look and you can be surprised but its the shape that matters. Have you done your inches too?
Congratulations on not being pregnant! Its not often you get to say that is it? You must be very relieved as I know its very easy to rationalise how the slim the chances are of it actually happening but then I often find my mind runs away with me, especially at night, and all of a sudden all rational goes out of the window. lol. Are you coming off the pill then? (you said about wanting to get your regular cycle). It must be weird for you having not had one for years. As you know I've been au naturel for years so not to have them seems unusual to me. Hope Monday goes ok with your other issue. x

Oooo your eye sounds very painful. I once got glass shards in mine (a cloud of dust blew in my eyes from the pavement and there was very fine glass shard in it) and it resulted in little cuts as the glass kind of embedded itself under my lid and I rubbed and rubbed and made it worse. They were every very tiny so didn't do any permenant damage but buy it hurt and it cut my eye. I ended up having to go to hospital where they put dye in my eye so they could identify the damage and where the glass was and wash it out. Not nice though so I empathise a lot. Hopefully once you've bathed them for a while you'll be able to soothe them and they will feel better. It might even be that you did have something in it and you rubbed them or poked them and scratched your eye, although the thing that was in has gone it might be that you damaged them and so it feel like its still in there? IYKWIM. I get that sometimes.
I'm quite good with my eyes in terms of touching them to get stuff out but I have to be careful now as I've had laser eye surgery so I have to be careful not to scratch them as, although rare, you can knock the 'flap' open.

I always wanted to be a vet too! But I was totally put off by the idea of putting them down. My dad always used to say though that when it got to that stage I would actually be helping and making it better for the animal, but I still couldn't do it. I then wish I'd done marine biology or zooology with the idea of working at protecting endangered species but I never did anything about it and then it was too late. I probably wouldn't have been clever enough anyway.

Hen do next month is rather exciting and then in two months you'll be a Mrs! Very exciting.

Just had lunch, decided to have two slices of multi grain toast and half a can of beans, was very yummy. Deffo plain tuna salad later.
Think I might stop working at 3, have a nap and then have tea then going to attempt a marathon - should make up for the last couple of days - I'm presuming that my challenge could be cumulative? I.e. 7 hours a week if I don't manage 1 hour a day? lol. I'm a sucker for a challenge.

Anyone done or seen any April fools? I haven't as I've been at home but did see the Groupon wedding invite, the Virgin atlantic stopping flights and the tax discs and rsi.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List