View Single Post
Old 26 Aug 19, 03:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

H2O Glow

Not food related but I thought I would still share our experience.

Ticket cost was $59 for after park close exclusive access to Typhoon Lagoon.

The bit I have issue with is “exclusive access”. It was rammed. And I mean totally full. We have been to Blizzard Beach during the day this week and there were maybe 4 times as many people there.

We arrived shortly after the 6pm park close to the public and the line to get in was massive. When we eventually got in, we couldn’t find a sun lounger. They were all full. Eventually we secured one lounger in a far off corner in nowhereland. Which was fine as we didn’t really need it to be honest. We did have to join a scrum to get a locker - !$10 extra for this and not included in ticket price. Also worth noting - you can’t get towels you have to bring your own.

We did lazy river for one lap to acclimatise then from 7pm to 10pm we rode Misadventure Falls 3 times, (this line wasn’t so bad at 15-20 minutes each time) crush n Gusher once (45 minute line) and gangplank Falls once (hour wait) - that’s all. We spent nearly all night in line. We saw the lines to meet the characters and me being me I stood and counted at the Buzz line - there were over 40 people in line. Same at Jessie and Woody. We just didn’t have enough time. The last hour we spent in the lazy river and that bit was fun but I think $120 for an hour in the lazy river and 3 rides isn’t really what we expected given we were there for nearly 5 hours. We did much more in Blizzard Beach on a normal day.

We did this party last year and had a great time riding multiple times with small lines. Last night was another example of Disney over selling ticketed events.

I hate to come across as a misery guts - we did love the rides and loved being in the park at night but I like to get value for these things and I can’t help feeling ripped off.

I think I’d rather pay a few more bucks and have fewer people there to be honest.

We did grab a chicken nuggets and chips at the end so have included as this is supposed to be my food review. 😂😊😊they were standard good nuggets. (The dippin dots was closed which Eva was not impressed with.)

We were treated to a muscle man in just his tiny budgie smuggling under-crackers all the way back on the bus though. Maybe somebody stole his clothes?

Tomorrow’s review is much more positive - Cape May character breakfast and great steak at Yachtsman

Edited at 04:00 AM. Reason: Spelling
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List