Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile Day 9 - Super Target, Publix, Celebration & Chuy’s

Day 9 - Super Target, Publix, Celebration & Chuy’s

Breakfast was eaten in the villa again and people spent time in the pool, chilling and reading. No spreadsheet and no rushing around. I could get use to this lifestyle!

Mid morning we popped back to Super Target. Can’t remember why but I was very happy to discover the ice cream isle. So many choices...

VERY happy to see this! Bravo Super Target. Purchased a box of 6 for $7.29 and ate later on.

**Spoiler** I really enjoyed this but basically it’s just a choc ice. But everything tastes better mickey shape right?!

And the biggest tubs of icecream I’ve ever seen. Wowser.

We left Rolling Oaks and drove over the junction so we could go to Publix and buy their subs. Similar to Subway but think they are better. We shared and divided 2 long subs (the ultimate) between the 4 of us.

I should’ve taken a photo before we cut them as they looked more impressive!

Our friends had the meatball subs. Don’t have a photo but they raved about them and they looked really good. Full to the brim and warm.

Our eldest was very excited to see these. If you’ve read any of our previous reports, you’ll know that she loves pickles!

I wasn't keen.

Somehow these landed in our basket too

We ate back at the villa then headed out to Celebration. We always enjoy our time here and walking round the lake.

We went into Market St Cafe for milkshakes and smoothies. It’s had a refurb since we were last here. Looked really good and our server was super friendly.

The milkshakes were filling and flavoursome. We chose cherry chocolate chip, chocolate covered strawberry, Nutella and good old fashioned strawberry.

They cost $6 each.

My friends smoothie matched her nails!

Would like to return and try more off the menu as the food on the other tables looked really nice.

Unfortunately the weather changed quickly just after we left. And stayed like this for what felt a long time. G and I utilised the time discussing re-opening the cinema here. We do this every time! It’s good to dream hey...

G was a star and went to get the car and picked us all up.

We were due to spend the evening at the baseball (tickets included unlimited hotdogs & popcorn!) but as the weather app informed us the rain was due to stay we sadly had to revise our plans.

Later on, everyone said they fancied Mexican, so we took a short drive from the villa to Chuy’s (on Irlo Bronson memorial highway). Never been here or heard much about this place before.

We were informed there was a 30minute wait so headed to the bar. Drinks were ordered. We were then seated fairly quickly in the main part of the restaurant whilst they were still making our drinks.

I chose a frozen margarita. This was really really good.

It ended up being a very funny and delicious night. Our server was up there with the best and was definitely trying to earn his tip, but in a good way. Chris didn’t stop and reminded me of a mix of different comedians.

The tortilla chips and salsa were placed on the table for free. This dip was HOT! I only had a tiny bit but my nose & eyes started to run and the back of my throat went prickly. I’m a complete light weight so don’t take my word for it too much...

There was lots to choose from on the menu and it took us a while to decide.

I didn’t take a photo of everyone’s plates as they all looked rather similar! I admit that they don’t look the most appetising but everyone agreed their tacos (soft & hard) and enchiladas were delicious and full of flavour. No one was able to finish.

Pleasantly surprised when the bill arrived. Excellent value for the 4 of us.

As we left the T-shirt’s made made us smile. Our server had been wearing the Tacocat T-shirt much to everyone’s amusement. Who knew tacocat is tacocat backwards and the cat is in the shape of a taco?! Hahaha.

It may have been one of those moments when you had to be there!

We finished the day playing card games and eating this...

Tomorrow - Denny’s, Crazy Golf & Universal.

Thanks for reading

M x

Edited at 11:41 AM.
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List