Thread: Dog attack
View Single Post
Old 25 Aug 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post

I feel so angry and a bit emotional reading that. We live in a village with population 125 and to be honest rarely encounter other dogs on our walks. When we go somewhere a bit busier I am so scared of something like this happening.

I think my smaller pug would be submissive and very frightened but the older / larger one is pretty confident and I think he would attempt (and fail miserably) to stick up for himself. I have read that a pug can over estimate his physical prowess and I can see that in my older one.

If this man knows his dog is not safe around other dogs he should put a muzzle on it and keep better control on it, it should not have been free to come after yours. We took our dogs to the lake district last year and crossed paths with a couple who had two scary looking dogs, when they saw us wandering past with two pugs (one a puppy at the time) the man pinned his dogs up against a wall and tried to block their view of us. He was in control, but I found it scary that this was necessary, so I picked the puppy up and told DH to pick the big lad up.

I don't think I would be able to stop myself from intervening if a dog attacked mine, I would definitely kick it or do whatever else. If the owner dared to complain afterwards, my goodness they would get a piece of my mind.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List