View Single Post
Old 18 Jul 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Brum26
VIP Dibber

Some TS reviews from our recent trip

Hi all,

I thought I’d write this to let you know our opinions on some of the TS restaurants from our recent trip. We only arrived back a few days ago so these are very recent observations. We did 2 weeks on-site with dining plan so did go to a fair few.

Teppan Edo - We have done Teppan Edo before and really enjoyed it so booked it again for this trip. I was a little concerned about this as my mom was with us on this trip and is is a very fussy eater. I was worried that because it is a Japanese restaurant she may not eat much. I was wrong. She said that it was her favourite restaurant of the whole trip. The food was perfectly cooked and the show was even more entertaining than on our previous trip. The staff were very attentive, the chicken and steak was perfect and the mango cake for pudding was delicious.

50’s Prime Time Cafe - This one was a first for us and I was slightly apprehensive about it after reading some of the reviews about the servers picking on people etc. I would say that this was possibly my favourite meal of the holiday. Our sever was auntie Theresa, a slightly older lady who had lots of stories to tell. We were not rushed in the slightest and ended up being there over 2 hours. She couldn’t do enough for us and made a real fuss of our 3 year old who she kept saying looked like a little prince Harry. The food was delicious and she did wind us up but wasn’t over the top. We all really enjoyed it.

Yak & Yeti - I almost cancelled this reservation before we went and then again the day before the reservation. Again, I was a little worried that the kids and my mom might struggle to find something that they would like on the menu. I needn’t have worried. My mom has a huge steak which she really enjoyed. I had the duck which I highly recommend. The service was excellent and we all left there absolutely stuffed.

Liberty Tree Tavern - We have done this before and I have to confess that I was a bit underwhelmed on our previous trip but everyone else enjoyed it so we booked it again for this trip. It was one of my favourite meals this time and the dessert was the best that we had in the whole 2 weeks. I’m still not sure what it was but it was like a huge warm cookie with ice cream on top. DD16 had almost 2 bowls of Mac n cheese to herself as she said it was amazing. The only negative was that we did feel a little rushed here with the bill being brought to our table even before the dessert.

California Grill - It was our first time here and we had been really looking forward to it. We had a late dinner so that we could watch the fireworks from the balcony which was great. I had the $75 steak which was really good but I have to say that if I went again I would go for the Filet steak which my wife had. This was much better and had much nicer flavour to it. The cocktails there were great and the service was really good. It’s very expensive if paying OOP but as we were on the dining plan we thought we’d give it a go.

Ohana - We loved Ohana on our previous trip and couldn’t wait to go back. I’d been looking forward to the steak there for months but I have to say that the whole experience was very disappointing this time. It’s actually gone from being our favourite on our last trip to probably second from bottom on this trip. We were very rushed right from the off and the server was very straight faced and almost pushy. We were not offered top ups on the sharing food, the steak was nothing like I remembered and we were all finished and out of there within about 45-50 minutes. After our poor experience I checked the Dibb and saw that a lot of people have had similar experiences lately so personally I wouldn’t return in a hurry.

Chef Art Smiths Homecomin’ - I think that this one may be a little controversial as I know that lots of people really love this place but for us it just wasn’t the best. We all had the fried chicken which don’t get me wrong, wasn’t bad. However, it’s just fried chicken. I’ve had very similar from the likes of KFC. There was a lot of it and none of us were able to finish our meals. I think DD16 was the most disappointed as she had been really looking forward to the chicken and donuts. The donuts were plastered in cinnamon which none of us really like. She ordered a chocolate milk which was did not taste right at all and then for dessert she ordered a chocolate cake. Guess what? That was covered in cinnamon too. Who puts cinnamon on a chocolate cake? The service wasn’t the greatest and overall I think we left there just feeling a little underwhelmed.

We did visit others too but those were the main ones that made an impression on us. I hope that it might help people who are about to book their ADR’s or who are considering switching any.

August 2022 Pre-Trippie HERE
Brum26 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List