View Single Post
Old 23 Oct 16, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Update 1

Hi! As promised there will be a couple of posts today.

So here we go...

Pre travel day

Today we were up at 7am to get ready and finish packing, around 9:30 we decided to head out for breakfast.

The Post and Telegraph
We went to Wetherspoons about 5 minutes from our flat. I forgot to take any photos here
But I had a traditional breakfast with a Vanilla frappe and Arron had Eggs Benedict with a Caramel frappe. This all cost £9.73.

There is my demolished breakfast!

After this we grabbed some final shopping and I sorted a few things at work before we went to get the train at 2:45.

Drinks
Arron grabbed a Dr Pepper and Vitamin water from WHSmith in the station, I believe were 2 for £2 or something like that.

After this we got to Gatwick, did bag drop, picked up dollars and checked into Sofitel. We decided to head out for early dinner in South terminal, so popped down to get the shuttle.

The Beehive
We got here around 5:30pm and grabbed a couple of drinks, Arron got a Heineken and I got a Strawberry & Lime Kopparberg.

These drinks were £10, then Arron got 2 Coors lites for £4.50 each.

For dinner Arron ordered the Chicken Club.

This is chicken breast, bacon, Cheddar cheese, tomato, lettuce and mayo and was £9.30. Arron really enjoyed this, it was really full of chicken.

I got the BBQ chicken burger.

This is chicken breast, bacon, Cheddar cheese, slow roastetomato BBQ sauce and coleslaw, and was £10.35.
The burger itself was really nice, the BBQ sauce was a sweet but tangy flavour and unfortunately the coleslaw was really bitter, I think there might've been too much cabbage in it.

Drinks
We headed to the Sofitel bar, they advised it was table service but we were sat there for about 15 minutes and no one came over.

So we left and went to Nicholas Culpepper instead!

This place is really nice, it was just bloody cold, but the only real place to drink in North terminal.
We got a Becks and another Kopparberg here for £10 roughly.

And that was it for Pre-travel day, we ended up back in the room around 9:15pm.

Steps walked:14155/6.47 miles

Edited at 02:49 PM.
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List