View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 17, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Day 2

Today breakfast and dinner were eaten in our room at POFQ - I loved having the Garden Grocer order for quick, cheap breakfasts and a couple of dinners when Poot was tired!

Lunch - Earl of Sandwich, Disney Springs

At last! We used to duck into the EoS in the City of London a few times a year - it’s hard to believe it’s been closed for almost three years now...

I joined the EoS loyalty (royalty, lol) club before we left England - you get a five dollar credit when you join.

Just bring the number on a bit of paper (or on your phone). The clerk at the cash register will issue you a plastic card and you’ll be good to go. I have a “holiday wallet” and I put my EoS card next to my Landry’s card.

It was Saturday afternoon; Disney Springs was HEAVING and the Earl was very busy. But they get people through pretty quickly. Poot and I shared The Original 1762:

I love the Original (roast beef, with cheddar and horseradish sauce) - I think it’s my very favourite EoS sandwich. Crusty bread, melty cheese...

We ordered ours as a “combo”. The sandwich, chips (kettle-style) and a fountain drink togther cost $10. Poot had tap water, as that’s all he likes. Since I picked the sandwich, I let him pick the chips - he went for salt and vinegar (Greedy Guts! - he knows I don’t like that kind...).

After the credit was taken off the bill, our lunch cost the princely sum of $5. Woo-hoo!

Now one of the other benefits of the loyalty club is a free brownie on your birthday (I think it was good for the whole of your birthday month?) - but because my birthday is in October (we were there 29/10/16) I had to choose EITHER the $5 credit or the brownie. Should have planned that better.

If you want to read the main trippie for Day 2 (Port Orleans French Quarter, Disney Springs and PINS) - click HERE

Edited at 12:02 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List