View Single Post
Old 16 Dec 18, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Day 2 - Magic Kingdom

It is tradition that on our first full day we go to MK. It is also tradition to get lunch at Casey’s! We don’t tend to do breakfast very often.

So our first meal of the day was two portions of corn dog nuggets with fries and fountain drinks. Prior to this we have always had the hot dogs here, but the corn dog nuggets had caught our attention on a few YouTube videos we watched before our trip this year. Very glad we chose to try them as they are delicious! It is a shame they are a low priced QS credit as although we were paying OOP this year, we are on the QSDP next year and I know I will begrudge using credits for lower priced meals (even though I know that’s silly).

While exploring, we got one of these frozen Minute Maid lemonades. We had got the pink version in AK in 2016 and concluded that we still preferred the pink.

After getting around the majority of the park and using our FP+ choices, we managed to snag a 18.00 SDMT FP+ which we have never been able to get before (and had as a result never ridden before!). In hindsight this was a bit of a mistake as we weren’t bowled over by the ride and it stopped us getting FP+s for other rides while we waited for it, and by the time we came off it there were no FP+ available throughout the park. This was disappointing as in 2016 we had gone on Space Mountain about 15 times thanks to FP+! This was also our only day in MK as we only had two day Disney tickets to be used at MK and AK. Anyway, while we waited for SDMT we ate at Columbia Harbour House. We had eaten here in 2016 but both just got shrimp - this time we tried the platter of shrimp, nuggets and fish (I don’t have a photo of this), and also a lobster roll with a side of mac n cheese. Both were nice but we weren’t crazy about the food like others seem to be.

After SDMT, we shared a Mickey chocolate and icing covered rice crispie treat. This was lovely and we will definitely use some snack credits on these next year.

That concluded our first full day! 😊

Edited at 05:37 PM.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List