View Single Post
Old 17 Dec 18, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Day 8 - Animal Kingdom

We were up bright and early this day. 6am start to get to AK for 7am to rope drop FOP before the official EMH park opening at 8am. We were off FOP by 8.10 as they let us on early, so that went well! Happy to help anyone who may have questions about doing this 😊

We had a lot of food options we wanted to try here so we essentially spent the day eating our way around the park with ride stop offs every now and again!

First up was the cheeseburger pods in Pandora, along with a Night Blossom. The pods tasted like McDonalds’ cheeseburgers (as a lot of people have mentioned) and I’m sad to find out that since our trip they have been taken off the standard menu and can now only be found on the children’s menu. The Night Blossom was lovely but very sweet so I’m glad we only had one to share. We will definitely get one again as a snack credit on the QSDP next year.

The next snack was the french fries with pulled pork and cheese from Flame Tree Barbecue. We absolutely loved these and would highly recommend them as a snack credit as they are pretty big and $6.99 OOP.

I then managed to find the strawberry version of the frozen Minute Maid lemonade we had in MK earlier in the trip. The strawberry version is definitely the best out of these two, we think.

Next up was the shrimp and sweet chilli mac n cheese from Eight Spoon Cafe. Although this tasted nice, at $6.69 OOP we felt it was a little steep for how much we got. Perhaps we had bad luck or they have made the portions smaller recently though as we saw this on YouTube videos before our trip and it definitely looked like people were getting more than we did! Nevertheless, when we are on the QSDP next year we may use a snack credit for this as it did taste good.

Finally, it was dinner time before watching Rivers of Light (which we thought was really average and wouldn’t waste time watching again). The OH tried out the buffalo chicken chips from Trilo-bites which he really enjoyed, whilst I went for the honey chicken from Yak and Yeti Local Food Cafes. I always go for this on our trips; it is a good safe option.

Overall, we had some great food here and can’t wait to spend more than just the one day eating around AK next year.

Edited at 07:54 PM.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List