View Single Post
Old 5 Aug 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

We are in the process of selling and buying and it is 20 years since we did it before so all new to us again!

Have you driven past it? We found loads we loved on paper but when we drove past, not so much! Next thing to do is check the local area for similar and check what they sold for on Rightmove, around here though the market has dropped in the last couple of months. Look at the pictures again and have ideas of whether it needs anything major doing ie bathroom, kitchen etc not decor unless it is really out there or definitely needs modernised ie 1970's. Why are they selling? Although if you are in rented not such a big problem. Also look at whether things are built in or freestanding - including freestanding in your offer is always a good thing ie we will pay asking price to include white goods/TV/curtains? Ask about neighbours, shared drives, boiler age, windows, any developments nearby, schools if you either need them now or in the future. Will the agent show you round or the owners? I haven't met our buyers but we did meet our sellers.

I agree that if it has just gone on the market then yes they will be expecting near asking. But remember when you have your survey that if something crops up then you can ask for a reduction, similarly if your mortgage valuation is lower.

Our buyers said that our kitchen was lovely but then when they discovered it was 10 years old asked for a reduction! But we are getting a reduction on the property we are buying for work that needs done so even stevens really.

We made an offer a couple of days after viewing as did our buyers. We originally offered around 7% lower and that is roughly what we are buying at. Our buyers have got it about 2% under the current asking price although we had reduced it.

Other than that, I would say first viewing enjoy being nosey. Then think about it and 2nd viewing plan what you would do with it, where your furniture would go? Good luck with it all, very stressful but will be lovely to own your own place xxx

Edited at 09:00 AM.
parisdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List