Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
At the moment guests can't fastpass the two new Star Wars rides, no. I stress "at the moment" though - things might be different by the summer.

For the Millennium Falcon ride there's currently just a standby queue. You join the queue and wait (like you would for most other rides at other theme parks). The average wait time for this over the last 7 days is 65 minutes. It looks like the best time to join the queue for this is at the end of the day, sometime in the last couple of hours before closing time. The longest waits tend to be in the first couple of hours.

For the Rise of the Resistance ride you currently need to get into a boarding group (via the Disney app or see one of the CMs in the park). These fill up quite quickly after park opening. Therefore, it helps if you get to be park early, before the official opening time (for example, 20 to 30 mins before opening time). There is no "normal" standby queue and no fastpasses. At the moment.

At the moment Hollywood Studios opens at 7am in the morning. By the end of this month that will change to 8am. Currently, Hollywood Studios is scheduled to open at 9am in July. This may or may not change.

As for the other rides, things are a little busier at HS than normal. TSM has a current average wait time of 50 minutes, Slinky Dog Dash has an average wait of 75 minutes, Star Tours has an average of 20 minutes. What the park will be like over the next few months remains to be seen.

Personally, if it was me and I was there at the moment, then I'd get to HS about 15 minutes before it was due to open. Get inside and book a boarding group for RotR, do a few rides with short queues, then head somewhere else (either back to the hotel to relax or to another park). Then go back to HS when your boarding group was called and do RotR and the Millennium Falcon ride and browse around GE.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 06:31 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List