dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Travel Day

First Breakfast

Last breakfast at home. I had some 0% greek yoghurt, raspberries and blueberries with some sweet freedom choc shot syrup. Think DD had a pain au chocolat.

Breakfast Terminal 2 Manchester Airport

Frankie and Bennys

There isn't a lot of choice at Terminal 2. We've eaten here before and it was fine. Today was probably the best breakfast I've had here.

I had the All American breakfast with a pot of tea and DD pancakes with bacon and tap water.

Cost £22.45.

I thought the food and service was good and price was reasonable for what we had.

You can see Slimmingworld has been forgotten and i've not even left England yet!

WH Smith

Bought DD a plain simply ham sandwich for the plane as she never eats plane food. Got this as a meal deal with skips and a bottle of water. Sorry no receipt no idea of price. Boots used to do a just ham sandwich too but didn't have any.

Virgin Manchester to Atlanta

Food was ok. No fab lolly anymore.

Gin and tonic and Pretzels to start.

I had macaroni cheese which was ok and a Gu caramel pot . DD had a kids meal tomato pasta but didn't eat it.

Afternoon tea, hers was a cheese and ham finger sandwich and same scone and jam as adults. Mine was pesto roll and scone and jam. Pesto roll bit of an odd choice. I did eat DD's scone and mine. There was turbulence before landing and I did feel a bit sick, too much food plus turbulence.

Generous with drinks I had a couple of gin and tonics and white wine with meal. DD had diet coke.

Atlanta airport

We just got a bottle of water buy there was lots of food choice inc a chick fil a in terminal where we waited for connection.

Atlanta to Orlando Delta flight

There was a drink service and they were giving out cookies and crackers but it stopped before it got to us due to turbulance.

All Star Music Intermission Foodcourt

We were in broadway at the back of resort so a good 5 mins walk to foodcourt.

I'd already seen they did alcoholic milkshakes. I'd not got my ID with me the first night and the lady making the milkshake ID'd me so we went back to the room for my ID. DD was not impressed but I had my eye on that milkshake! After that I had my ID but was never ID'd at the park QS or at any table service. I was asked for ID once more at the foodcourt. I'm 44.

So I got a jam session alcoholic strawberry milkshake and DD got chicken tenders and fries.

The milkshake was excellent. Strawberry icecream, with sprinkles and frangelico (hazelnut liqueur) with whipped cream and more sprinkes.

We loved the foodcourt. It was clean and staff were friendly. There was booth and table seating. If you walked further back to a booth it wasn't busy and was pleasant place to sit. Sometimes staff came along with a trolley and offered free lemonade or coffee.

Free strawberry lemonade the first night.

At night they had a section offering proper meals like grilled chicken, green beans and mashed potatoes or seafood pasta. It always looked nice but we never tried it.

DD loves disney chicken tenders. They are very similar to Macdonalds. They were always freshly cooked and generous portion. They also did burgers too.

Again we never tried the pizza but they did the big family style pizzas for 2 QS credits and individual slices.

They also had bakery cases with breakfast pastries and cakes and fridges with fruit, yoghurt and salads.

All the food looked good and it was never too busy. They did mobile order for some food options but we only used mobile order once.

If we stay here again with QS I'd definitely eat at the foodcourt more. It was ideal for DD, lots she could eat and suits us to be able to order different things but eat together.

We got our refill mugs they were included in DDP. Should be $19.99 each plus tax.

They had 4 designs to chosse from inc a halloween one. I got a pink one, DD a black one.

Used 1 QS. 19 QS credits to go.

I recall with tax my milkshake and the chicken tenders meal was just under $28

4 tenders and fries are $10.49 plus tax and the milkshake $15 plus tax.

We shared the food and headed off to bed.

Cost day 1

2 mugs $42.78 inc tax

1 x QS $28

Total $70.78
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List