View Single Post
Old 3 Jan 18, 06:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

SoCal Christmas 2017: Day 11 San Diego - Seaworld

The day began with the usual breakfast at a reasonable time! J and I went down to the boardwalk to get a coffee. We were treated to the sight of a pod of dolphins - as usual though difficult to get a photo of!

Today's attraction was Seaworld. I had got the tickets off Travelzoo - a 7 day ticket cost $60 instead of $90 for a day ticket on the door. We didn't think we would go for more than a day but it was still better value!

Seaworld didn't open till 11am but we got there at 10.30 which was just as well as it took me 20 minutes to change the vouchers for a real ticket!

They let people in and held everyone until 11am in a holding zone. J took the bag whilst the kids and I got ready to hit Manta - the only rollercoaster open!

We went on twice whilst it was pretty much walk-on. O declared it pretty tame but F and I enjoyed it!

We then went to Dolphin challenge. We were all lucky enough to touch one of the dolphins. The trainers explained how they train them - with a healthy dose of explaining how much work Seaworld do rescuing animals.

It was nice to see these fabulous creatures!

Next stop was an early lunch - pretty standard theme park fare. F had a veggie burger, O and I had fish and chips, J a salad plus strawberries came to $60. It wasn't that great but filled a hole.

Our first show was the Dolphin one. It was very funny seeing people in the wet zone get very very wet!

The show was fun but quite short - less than 15 minutes long.

It was also pretty hot in the arena. Today was much warmer than yesterday.

Everyone then moved over yo the sea-lion arena. The warm up act was very funny.

As was the actual show based on TV shows. We all rated it as the best show we saw! We laughed a lot!

We walked through the Turtle tanks.

We then went on the Artic Adventure - a simulator ride. As O said, that was15 minutes of our life we will never get back. At least it was walk on!

Next up was the Orca show. The three fish sat in the soak zone while I stayed in the dry zone.

Again the whales did a lot of soaking but thankfully the others didn't get too wet (unlike people in the first few rows).

Again there was a lot of information about their recovery programmes.

By now we had seen all the shows and decided to leave. I think in reality we are not big theme park visitors. J doesn't do rollercoasters and none of us go crowds very well. I am glad we went but a day was enough!

Once back at the apartment, wetsuits were put on and we went down to the beach. This was another of the statues that seemed to be dotted around. Probably my favourite one!

I went to get a coffee and a tea for J.

Again, my three were the last ones in the water.

Once back a fridge clearout tea was had - veggie omelettes, pizza, pittas!

A quick trip out to Staples (20 Sharpies for $10) and the supermarket (more cookies) and then back to watch Forrest Gump!

Edited at 06:54 AM.
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List