View Single Post
Old 10 Dec 20, 03:17 AM  
Link to this Post
sweetemotion
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 114
I went to Philadelphia 2 years ago now and stayed 2 nights but I absolutely loved it. I loved it more than New York and really can't wait to go back. I would add on an extra night if you can.

The city is super easy to get around on foot too!

Here's what we did in two days:

Reading Terminal market - best public market I've been to

Independence Hall - free to visit but you can reserve a ticket for $1.50 online, just make sure you pick up a physical ticket from the visitor ticket (which I forgot!)

Liberty Bell - Free also, no ticket needed

The Franklin Fountain - I went in summer and loved this cute old fashioned ice cream parlor. They only take cash, and use a brass cash register, have an old traditional soda fountain and everything.

Public Parks - I loved walking through the Public Parks here, there's four main ones but I think the most popular to walk through is Washington Square Park

Philadelphia City Hall - beautiful building that offers tours and you can go to the top floor lookout

Rocky Steps and Philadelphia Art Museum

One Liberty Observation Deck - super cheap for an observation deck at $15 the city is really beautiful at night

Betsy Ross House - the house where the first American flag was sewn by Betsy Ross

Elfreths Alley - the oldest residential street in the United States - super cute street for a walk through

Get a Philly Cheesesteak! Genos's and Pat's are two of the most famous places to get a philly cheesesteak but they're a little out of town so I never got there but you'll find them all over!

JFK Plaza/Love Park for the LOVE statue and awesome photos looking down Benjamin Franklin Parkway

Christchurch Burial Ground - resting place of Benjamin Franklin

Other things I wished I'd had time for:

Penn's Landing
Eastern State Penitentiary
Edgar Allen Poe Historical Site
Philadelphia Magic Gardens

I stayed at the Marriott Center City and it was amazing for location

WDW - 96, 99, 00, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 17
DLP - 98, 01, 02, 10 DLR - 11, 12, 14, 18 15
Las Vegas - 11, 12, 13x2, 14, 18x2
WDW Cast Member 17 - 18 14 U.S. States & Counting!
sweetemotion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List