Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
4 go La La in La La Land - Our West Coast Adventure

Hello

Well this is a new section of the dibb we haven't dabbled with before! No Florida. No idea about food. Totally out of our comfort zone, but excited to explore a totally new area with a touch of Disney.

So we are the Pumba's.
This was taken a few years ago now but rather apt for our username.

A little about us.
I'm Melissa/Mrs P and I share my husbands account. I've completed 3 food/dining reports which has allowed me to indulge in my guilty pleasure of taking food photos but when it comes to writing, I write, worry, delete then rewrite! Graeme fancies giving a trip report a go, so this is going to be a joint collaboration. For the main report he will write and I will take the photos.

Graeme/Mr P is 42. He's a big kid and loves planning, researching and booking holidays. Especially to Florida! He happily does all the driving.

E. Eldest daughter. 14 years old. Loves all things Disney (especially Stitch), Harry Potter and Superhero related. Normally found with her head in a book.

M. Youngest daughter. 11 years old. Our adrenaline junkie and roller coaster lover. She's looking forward to trying Mickey shaped beignets. Normally found outside playing netball.

The reason for this trip?

It's my 40th birthday (*gulp). Having a birthday in August I've been fortunate to celebrate my birthday in Florida on three occasions. This time we fancied doing something a little different.

Our plans so far

After spending many months monitoring flights, we've finally pressed the button and booked a BA fly drive from London Heathrow direct to LA on the 1st August and returning on the 17th.

Graeme is very excited that we will be flying on an A380. This doesn't mean anything to me, but last year this was the 3 of them taking photos of this particular plane! With the other plane nerds. No joke.

The 4 of us have been fortunate to go to Florida numerous times but we have now ventured into a totally different land of planning! So far...

Premier Inn at Heathrow booked for the night before. Direct flight to Los Angeles.

2 nights - LA
(The Tangerine)
* Warner Brothers Studio Tour
* Griffith Observatory
* Hollywood Sign
* Walt's Carousel
* Downtown LA

2 nights - Joshua Tree National Park
(Fairfield Inn & Suites)
* Explore national park
* Palm Springs Aerial Tramway

5 nights - San Diego
(Plus Island Palms Hotel & Marina)
* Old Town & La Jolla on trolley bus
* Bilboa Park
* Coronado Island
* Laguna beach
* USS Midway

7 nights - Anaheim
(Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn - changed to Hotel Indigo)
* Disney. 4 day pass. My birthday!
* Knotts Berry Farm
* Shopping Outlets/Packing District market
* LAFC soccer/football match
* Long Beach

Santa Monica Pier on route back to airport.

All hotels booked/reserved via booking.com. We can cancel for free up until July and pay at check in.

So far that's it. Ultra excited about our mini...

Update 1. Disneyland tickets - page 3

Update 2. Tick list ✔️ - page 5

Update 3. Warner Bros studio tour, BA seats & our 1st ADR - page 5

Update 4. Hotel changes, ADR's and final ticket purchases - page 7

Update 5. Packing cubes & note book for trip report! - page 7

M x

Edited at 09:28 PM.
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List