View Single Post
Old 2 Jun 18, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

So, the trip is getting closer and so I went to check what time our plane lands on 9 August so that I could book our train tickets back from Manchester.

Imagine my surprise when I saw that we fly back on 9th and land on 10th. Not the 8th as we had on our spreadsheet. After double checking with Thomas Cook, who must have thought I was a complete idiot, we were assured that yes, we did have an extra night of holiday. Ooops!

Well, an extra night is better than one night fewer. The cattery can keep the cat for an extra day and we now have an Unexpected! night in New York. Ideally, I would have added a day to Cape Cod but the booked hotels are all unchangeable and I really don't want to lose the money, in addition to then needing extra nights.

So we are going to return the car to JFK as planned (as changing the car hire is a pain and we didn't really want 2 nights in New Haven) and then get the train to Brooklyn and have our last night in New York. There weren't many options for reasonably priced hotels as it is so close to the date, but this one looks good and is in a good location near the river.

It's all working out okay, even if I do feel like a bit of a div.

In other news, Red Sox vs Yankees single game tickets were finally released and we managed to get some. The Sunday game hasn't got an agreed time yet but that's the only game where we could get 4 seats together, so we went for that one.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List