View Single Post
Old 12 Nov 15, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

"It Must Be Believed To Be Seen!" - Dec 2015

Continuing on the old 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' naming of trippies, I bring you 'It Must Be Believed To Be Seen'! Our previous adventures include:

51 Bacon Rolls - Our first Florida adventure together in 2013
"Strike That, Reverse It!" - August 2015

I also have a school trip to Disneyland Paris:

51 Rouleaux De Lard

(see what I did there?! )

Shamefully, I started a New York trippie May this year but I never got round to finishing it. As much as I loved New York, it just wasn't the same as writing a Florida trippie! So we'll just gloss over that and move on

This is us:

Phil and Kim. Me - teacher, early 30s. Him - NHS worker (a charge nurse in a previous existence) and er... slightly more than in his 30s!

I like taking pictures - lots and lots of pictures. I'm hoping to be able to upgrade to my first 'proper' camera before we go.

Some pictures I love:

Some pictures are, quite frankly, naff!

(yay - a blurry picture of MK bus station in the dark! Just what we all wanted!)

"It Must Be Believed To Be Seen" kinds of sums up our Florida experience. Firstly, my OH (Phil) took his first trip begrudgingly to Florida in 2013 at Christmas. This was a 'we will never speak of this again' trip - he wasn't remotely interested in going to Florida or the US prior to this trip. Well, as soon as we'd been there 5 minutes all of his preconceptions went completely out of the window and he totally fell in love with the place. We then booked for August 2015 and had a great time again!

In the meantime, a few things happened that meant we were able to book flights when we saw them to go away at Christmas 2015 as well.

Secondly, having booked to go back so quickly we've had a few of the Florida 'non-believers' (you all know the type, I'm sure! saying 'Why are you going back/you've been before/there are plenty of other places in the world' etc, etc yada yada yada.

Sorry folks - Florida 'Must Be Believed To Be Seen'!

Believe in that magic and you will see it

Also, it must be seen to be believed - one look and you are hooked

Our plan is this:

We fly to Miami with BA leaving at 9.15am. Originally we were on the 1pm flight but BA decided to cancel our outgoing flight (without telling us :angry: ) as there was too short a connection time in Miami to get to Florida. After a slightly panic-stricken and slightly ranty phone call to BA ("What have you done with my flights?! :angry:" ect!) , we ended up on the earlier flight which actually suits us a lot better. We then take a connecting flight and arrive in Orlando at around 7pm, or shortly before. We are then working on this plan:

6 nights at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando
5 nights at POFQ
2 nights at Universal Resort RPR

So, there is a little taster of our upcoming trip. Until the next time ...

Edited at 09:19 PM.
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List