Old 14 Mar 18, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
whiteswan
Imagineer

whiteswan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Sat Nav / Android Auto =awesome!

Hi

We went in January and had a Hyundai Santa Fe from Alamo - only booked cheapest suv but once again there was so many different types of car in the row that nobody seemed to bother - same every year :-)

Anyway the Santa Fe did not have a sat nav - BUT it did have an Android Auto widget on the car display screen - my phone has Android Auto on it (I also have mobile data out there as I am on the 3 network and its free to use calls/data over there) - so I plugged my phone into the car (just used the usb charging lead) - and voila - instant sat nav on the large screen in the hire car.

It was 99 percent better than any sat nav I have used previously and it was all voice driven (powered by google) - all you say is "Google - Navigate to... " - and it not only takes you but also tells you the opening/closing times and informs you of any traffic delays in real time.

It even reads out any text messages you receive whilst driving - not only that but you can reply to the text messages whilst driving by just speaking a reply to the car !

Best part was - it's all free (apart from data charges - but if your on 3 network with the sim that works in usa - then this is free as well)

If you don't have android auto on your phone download from play store.

Hope this helps somebody :-)

Dave
whiteswan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List