View Single Post
Old 17 Feb 10, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Day 8 - Wedding Day part 3

Day 8 - part 3

I left you at the point where everyone was just about ready to go. The next step was to go out to the parking lot, where I saw the limo and the Model A Ford for the first time. My dad was well away talking to the driver of the Ford - apparently he is one of a number of drivers that Disney calls on for special occasions - he was really sweet! I knew at once that Carl would be thrilled with the car when he saw it.

The drive to the Boardwalk was good fun, as we didn't go too fast, and the driver kept sounding the horn, which was very loud! When we arrived we pulled up in the entrance way, and it felt very real! There were quite a few people outside, and they all called out congratulations and some people told me I looked beautiful. Normally I get embarrassed by lots of attention but I was determined to enjoy it on my wedding day!

Tanis came out to meet us, and it was wonderful to finally see her in real life. After we had taken some photos with the car, she asked us to wait a moment, as Carl was just being moved to another area. When we finally went inside we saw Robin and Joshua, and I helped Robin to sort out Josh's outfit because he didn't know exactly how he was supposed to wear it.

This was also the moment that I had my first look at the flowers, which were beautiful. Tanis pinned the boutonnieres on mum and dad, and handed Rowena and me our flowers. At this point mum was nearly in tears (she told me this later) because people kept asking if I was her daughter and saying I looked beautiful!

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List