Old 24 Sep 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The Avengers (review)

I really disliked this when friends dragged me to it at the cinema for what was released as Avengers Assemble here if I remember. Will I still want to heckle Jeremy Renner for being a fat archer (probably)? At the time it seemed a confusing mishmash and hugely overblown but bearing in mind by Infinity War I was fully onboard I’m expecting to have changed my mind.

Disney+
Hulk’s sections are enjoyable after his disappointing origin movie
There’s a Thanos teaser in the post-credits which at least reminds us that better villains are to come
Love the flying aircraft carrier

Disney-
Uninspiring story. It’s pretty obvious Thor can kick Loki’s ass as soon as he arrives, the whole thing is a bit of a nonsense after that
Manhattan gets destroyed again, yawn

Rating 6/10 I know this will be sacrilege to some but I see this as pretty average, a big old charmless mess that (but for the better cast) could pass for a Michael Bay film.

Star Wars Rebels - Season 2 (review)

Onto the second and longer series of this animated SW show. The first was good but seemed a little small in scope, happily this one looks to be drawn on a bigger canvas i.e. it really is the story of how the rebel alliance started to grow.

Disney+
The scale of the show broadens dramatically in Season 2 as they leave Lothal and expand the team and their allies. This makes the whole thing much less formulaic
To my surprise this starts to develop into real canonical Star Wars story, having not read up on this one I assumed it was a throwaway but it fits into the movie flow and draws deeply on characters from the movies
Season finale is great, I won’t spoil it

Disney-
Some of the animation is still not ideal, no repeat of the embarrassing Wookies from Season 1 but they still can’t do running properly (in a show where they are always running!). When Yoda appears he could pass for Larry David.

Rating 8/10 very glad I stuck with the second season of this because it improves in so many ways, really looking forward to Seasons 3 and 4 now.
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List