View Single Post
Old 10 Nov 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
Yes. I had a quote of about £15,000 for bathroom that I got done by a local fitter who sent me to a couple of suppliers to choose fittings for a total of about £3,500. Similarly Magnet once quoted me £48,000 for a kitchen! Obviously they had a sale coming up and could eventually do it for the sale prices of £22,000 but I guess as I still hadn’t stopped laughing they managed to knock another £6000 off that. Again I got a local fitter and the whole thing was probably around half that.
Omg they really are dodgy, but the problem is many people will pay it because they have money to burn and also they believe they are getting the best fitters and quality and which isn't always the case (the fitters are sub contracted). To even suggest £48,000 for a kitchen as a starting price is just madness (unless you have a massive kitchen). I'm glad you weren't conned and went for local fitters.

I've had people in million pound plus houses refuse to pay a little to have their unsafe electrics sorted, but they will pay tens of thousands for beautiful fitted kitchens, bathrooms and bedrooms which they can show off to people (they can't show off the electrics). Interesting where some peoples priorities are🤔.

Edited at 04:20 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List