View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

Spending Money

We have sorted ourselves out with a Revolut card and we are also going to take a credit card with us for back up. We will probably leave the credit card linked to our room at Disney and clear the balance off with our revolut card every 3 or 4 days.

We also have around $400 dollars in cash that we have been given for Birthday/Christmas by family since we booked. Not sure yet if we will bother with any more cash than that.

We have also sorted out a post office travel card which is in my name but has DS money on it. He had around £480 so we have changed half to dollars and left the rest as pounds at the moment. He is usually pretty good at managing what he spends when he is paying himself (doesn’t care quite so much is mum and dad are paying!)

Summary of costs

12 nights POFQ, 21 nights Disney tickets, upgrade to DDP - £4557
Direct Flights, 9 days Intermediate SUV car hire with insurances, 6 nights Rosen Inn at Point, 3 nights Royal Pacific Resort - £3999
Universal 3 park and 14 day and Seaworld/Busch Garden/Aquatica 14 day tickets - £954
Cattery £299
Pre-travel night hotel - £31
Universal photopass - £50
Airport Parking - £57
Kennedy Space Station Tickets - £101
ESTAs – ($42) £35
Universal Marvel Character Meal – ($49 each) - £125
Blue Man Group Tickets – £123
Happily Ever After Plaza Garden after firework dessert party – ($59 each I think) - £147.50
Star Wars Dessert Party – ($79 each I think) - £197.50
Toy Story Early Morning Magic – ($79 each) - £197.50

Total to date - £10,873.50

Still to pay for – Tips and other spending at Disney, all food and drink on days 13 to 23, fuel and road tolls, parking at universal, possibly express passes at Busch Gardens, possibly preferred seating or equivalent for 1 day at Disney waterpark, 1 day at Aquatica and 1 day at Volcano Bay. Any shopping we do.

What Next

Keeping my fingers crossed that Fast Pass booking goes to plan on Thursday and we can get everything we want.

And if you have managed to make it to this point well done, It is long!

I am not sure what type of actual trip report I will end up doing. I will definitely come back after our trip and do a highs/lows what we got right/what we go wrong type of thing but not sure about anything in any more detail…time will tell!
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List