View Single Post
Old 1 Feb 16, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

New York DH 40th pre travel day.

Hi
So we went to New York 28th Jan to 1st Feb.
Just me and DH for his 40th birthday present. We had a fab time and I wanted to do my first trip report. And since it's only a few days I should complete it.

Pre Travel day. 27th Jan

Both me and dh had decided to take the full day off work, so we could take the kids to school. Tidy the house take them out for dinner as they weren't coming with us bit of guilt had started to slip in (it didn't last lol)

So, went to Pizza Hut (their choice) for tea and got back home about 630pm by then my mum had arrived and was unpacking her things as she is staying at our house to look after the kids while we where away.

The kids ran straight up to their rooms and played there games until 7pm. We packed the car left a few last minute instructions for mum. We then called the kids down to say get your pj's on then come and say goodbye. Down came the kids we give hugs and kisses and got promises from them that they would be good and we where off.

We had decided that although our flight was not until 1015 the following morning we should still get a hotel for the night near the airport. Because we would have had to be up at 430 to pack the car etc. Mum would have had to come early in the morning etc so we thought,let's just go the night before.

We were flying from Manchester and had booked to stay at the holiday inn (normally we do premier inn). We arrived about 830pm no issues checking in but it cost us £5 to park the car for the night. Which I think is a bit steep, after paying £80 for the night anyway. We had decided to use the multi storey for car parking while we where away. We could have paid an extra £30 and the car could have stayed at the hotel but when we got back we didn't want the hassle of getting a shuttle to the hotel etc. We just wanted to be on our way.

After a couple of drinks in the bar we went up to our room. The idea was have a shower blow dry my hair then I wouldn't need to be up as early and I could make the most of been close to the airport. However that didn't go as planned. There was no hot water at all not even Luke warm it was bloody freezing. I called down to the reception who said 'yeah the hot water has been off all day we have an engineer on their way). Now I understand these things happen, however I wish they had told us about this when we checked in, I would have still stayed but reshuffled my plans a little bit. I am not good with changing things last minute.

So we made a cuppa and watched tv before calling it a night about 1100pm. Dh popped out for a cig at 1115 and asked at the reception if the hot water was running again, it was but it was too late I was snoring by the time he was back lol

Travel day next.

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List